Prof. Stanley Jayakumar a rare breed of Sociologist, completed his M.A PhD in Sociology from S.V.U M.A Lit (ENG) D.D.E, S.V.U, B.Ed from Anamalai University, Chidambaram, P.G Dip in IRPM&LW from APPC, Hyderabad. At present Head, Chairman, BoS, Department of sociology, Former S.V.U Academic Senate Member, Executive Secretary, Gandhian Studies, Convener, SVU Community Development for more than 7 years, He also served as Media Liaison Officer for SVUCA. He has visited Singapore and Nepal.
He gave a new identity to the Department of Sociology by introducing Science to common man for the past 25 years. He has introduced Medical Sociology, Environmental Sociology, Globalization and Society, Social Psychology and Personality development papers at P.G level and also updated syllabus of 11 papers. He has also completed UGC Major research project entitled “ Disabled women- Disadvantaged among the disadvantaged” in which he has covered Blind, Deaf and Mute, Physically and Mentally challenged, Aged and Infirm, Leprosy and Cancer patients.
He has Guided PhDs-8,M.Phils-6, P.G Diplomas-10, He has published 50 articles in journals of National and International repute. Presented papers in more than 40 Seminars and Conferences. He has Organized National Seminars-8, International Conferences-2, Co-Director for 14 International Webinars.
He works with NGOs like Tirupati City Chamber, Abhaya Kshetram, Akshaya Kshetram, RISE and PASS. He has contested as an Executive member S.V.U Teachers Association and Won with bumper majority. He has also served as Joint Secretary and General Secretary. During his tenure he has arranged plots for Staff members.
In collaboration with Tirupati City Chamber he has organized more than 50 cultural and social service programs with MLAs, MPs, TUDA Chairmen, Director of SVIMS, Vice-Chancellors and Cine Stars and Directors.
He has bagged Best Teacher (State Level Award) from then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, SVUCA, Best Teacher, Best Researcher, 1st prize for Open House Exhibition, Life Time Achievement award by SCAN Foundation, Chennai, Venus Foundation and TV 9 Indus Foundation. He is a Singer and also an Actor who has acted in 2 Episodes of Neralu Goralu as Police Officer.
Above all he is Humanist with whom anybody can feel free.
- Infanticide to Femicide has been published by ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF SOCIAL WORK, SINGAPORE.
- Public Participation and Co-operative Movement for Social Welfare has been Published by ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF SOCIAL WORK, SINGAPORE.
- Aged and Aged Disabled – The Indian Scene has been Published by INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF MODERN SOCIOLOGY, S.A.
- Victimization of Women – Coping with Violence has been Published by INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOCIOLOGY OF FAMILY, Vol.27 Spring 1997 No.1, S.A.
- Population and Environment by 2000 A.D. – A Social manifesto in International Journal of Sociology and social policy, England K. Vol 20 No.8 2000.
- Status of Leprosy disabled women in International Journal of Sociology ands social policy, England, K. Vol. 21 No.11/12 2001.
- Training and development of school heads in Disabled welfare – A neglected area in International Journal of Sociology and social England, U.K. Vol, 21 No.7 2001.
- Inter National Symposium on Environment Pollution, Ecology and Human Health (25-27 July, 2009)
- Life Long Education for all on Urgency of Climate Change – Living on the Shaky edge,2009 pp-137-139.
The LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG Heinrich-Blocking-Str. 6-8 66121, Saarbrucken, Germany
- Disabled Women – Disempowered among the Disempowered
- Aged rejected – Not prepared to live
- Handicrafts as an alternative source of economy in depression
- World of disabled- Financial inclusion as an antidote for all exclusions
- Health education on smoking among youth-Slow motion suicide
- Health education on alcoholism among Youth -Welcoming premature death
- Not – for – profit global health care task groups-Commitment to community
- Youth and publicity politics – A dangerous trend for future
- Moral hygiene in urban world – Sociologists standing to be called
- Global fund raising sparkle with fun rising-Chances sound confident
- Churning Change in Indian Tourism
- Social Welfare Administration in India was published by ISPCK, New Delhi.
- A Booklet entitled Tribal Indebtedness – An Eagle Eye’s View has been Published by ISPCK, New Delhi.
- A Booklet entitled Mental Health Services Delivery has been published by ISPCK, New Delhi.
- Health of Elderly was published by Social Welfare Journal, October – November, 1992, New Delhi.
- Social Sciences and Social Scientists in India – A Dynamic Analysis has been Published by IASSI, New Delhi.
- Changing Directions in the Status and Role of Women in India has been Published in a book entitled Changing Status and Role of Women in Indian Society by M.D. Publications Limited, New Delhi.
- Need for a Fresh Approach has been published in Social Welfare Journal, Nov. 1994.
- Changing Status and Role of Aged in Chittoor District in Ageing & Society by Calcutta Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Calcutta.
- Waging war on Poverty has been Published in Social Welfare Journal, New Delhi in May Edition, 1995.
- Criminal and Correctional Administration in India has been Published by Guru Nanak Journal of Sociology, Vol. 17, No.1, April 1996, AMRISTAR.
- Problems of Crime Control in India has been Published by Police Research and Development Bureau Journal, New Delhi.
- Communal Harmony and National Integration – Confronting Future Critical Years has been published by M/s M.D. Publications, New Delhi.
- Confronting Terrorism towards a Sustainable Society has been published by M/s. M.D. Publications, New Delhi.
- Human Resource as an untapped resource has been Published in Social Welfare Journal, New Delhi.
- Stop Sex Selection has been published by Centre for the Studies Social and Human Development, V. University, Tirupati.
- Gandhiji’s Educational Philosophy in a Multi-cultural Context has been Published by Centre for Peace and Non-Violence, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- Religion and Politics – A Sociologist’s Perspective has been Published by Centre for Human and Social Development, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- Stress Management – From Print to Practice has been Published by Centre for Studies in Human and Social Development, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- Prevention and Intervention with Families at Risk has been Published Centre for Studies in Human and Social Developments, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- Educational Strategies for the Disempowered Groups – with Special Reference to Scheduled Castes, Published by A.P. Scheduled Castes Financial Corporation, Hyderabad.(1997)
- The analysis and representation of planned social change- Direction from recent Research in politics, perspectives, grouping and movements by Divya Publications, Hyderabad.
- Criteria for the preservation of Yanadi folk media through mass media has been published in Man and life 24, Nos. 3-4, July-Dec, 1998.
- Minorities in the United States has been published in a book entitled A Mosaic of encounters – India and USA by creative books, New Delhi.
- Human Rights and women in Issues on empowerment of women by Mohit publications, New Delhi 2005.
- Youth violence – 3E’s Programme in public opinion Journal vol L No. 12 September 2005.
- Smoking and Alcoholism growing rampant –A slow motion suicide in the same Journal.
- Street Children: Easy to get out but hard to get in, Ed. Prof. Venkateswarlu et al, S.V. University, Tirupati, 2006.
- Rural Development works–Authencity and Identity, Ed. B.S. Vasudeva Rao, The Associated Pushishers, Andhra University, Vizag, 2006.
- (Co-Author) Successful Project Management for Rural Development, Ed. B.S. Vasudeva Rao, The Associated Pushishers, Andhra University, Vizag, 2006.
- Nomadic Lifestyle– Emerging for Settlement, Ed. B.S. Vasudeva Rao, The Associated Pushishers, Andhra University, Vizag, 2006.
- Intervention with At- Risk families. Vision (Vo) XXVI No. 3 pp. 101-105, 2006.
- Human Capital as an Untapped Resource, Social Welfare, Vol. 43, No.II, February, 1997.
- Arrest Domestic Violence – Beyond Words, Ed. Talwar Sabanna, 2006. Globalisation and WTO.
- Journal for Social Development – Ranchi: ISSN 0975-0142.Excise and Prohibition Policy – Make Citizen Centric on an alart mode Urban Poverty and Slums of a Growing Nation
- South India Journal of Social Sciences: ISSN 0972-8945 Charity, Self Preservation and Humanism – the Winds of Change. Proceedings of International Symposium Lifelong Education for all on Urgency of Cimate Change – Living on the Shaky edge.
- Publised in Edited Volume No Brains to train Medical Sociologists as Not for Profit Health Care Leaders – the Formalization of informal.
- Tribals from Tradition to Transition – A Study of Yanadis of A.P. has been Published by M/s. M.D. Publishers, New Delhi, page 125, Price Rs. 175 i.e. US$ 3.5.1995.
- Religion and Society has been Publishers by M/s. M.D. Publications, New Delhi, page 241, Price Rs. 400 i.e. US $ 40. 1996
- An edited book entitled Achieving Communal Harmony and National Integration – A dream for every Indian by M/s. M.D. Publishers, New Delhi, pages 150, Price Rs. 250 i.e. US$ 6.95. 1995.
- Status of families having Mentally retarded persons by M/s. Sonali publications, New Delhi, Pages 177 price Rs. 500/-, 2006.
- Disabled women – Disadvantaged among the disadvantaged by M/s. Sonali publication , New Delhi, pages, 196, price Rs 500, 2006.
- Medical Sociology, Grooming Social Scientists in Medical Field by M/S. Sonali Publications, New Delhi, Pages. 189, Price Rs. 550, 2006.
- Edited volume the dynamics of change and continuity in the Era of Globalisation – Voices from the margins by M/S. Sun Rise Publications, Price 1500, 2009.
- The Dynamics of change and Continuity in the era of Globalization – Voices from the Margins (with JNU and Migration Staff)
- Rethinking Globally and Reacting Locally – together we achieve, international Journal of Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 30th January 2013.
- Christianity from 15 Countries – live and let live Peace Ambassadors – Multinational Perspective by Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2014
- Medical Sociology
- Climate Change and Environment
- Globalisation, Culture and Development Studies
- Women Culture Studies
- Project Investigator – Project entitled Micro planning for Universal Immunisation’ sponsored by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and UNICEF, New Delhi.
- Research Associate – project entitled a study on the ‘Motivational and demotivational factors of Adult enrolment and sustaining interest among adult learners in National Adult Education Programme of Socially, Culturally and Economically deprived groups in North Arcot Ambedkar District, Tamil Nadu’ sponsored by Directorate of Adult Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Government of India.
UGC Major Research Project Completed
1997-1999 sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, Completed a Two-year UGC Major Research Project entitled Disabled Women-Disadvantaged among the Disadvantaged which covered Orthopaedically handicapped, Deaf and mute, Visually impaired, Aged and infirm, Mentally retarded, Leprosy and Cancer patients.
International Conferences Attended: NEPAL
June 29-30, 2011, International Conference-In Search of Better Governance: Challenges and Prospects, Organised by Central Department of Public Administration, Tribhuvan University Kathmandu, Nepal and Department of Public Administration & Organisation Theory, Bergen University, Bergen, Norway.
- Author – Climate Change and Agriculture – Modelling Adaptation Experiments for Future Research.
- Co-Author – Globalisation and its Impact on Agriculture.
- Co-Author – Climate change and public health in India: With reference to Kidney Stones.
- Co-Author – Extenuating Climate Change for Sustainable Agriculture – Indian Scenario.
Acted As Discussant – NEPAL
Discussant for a paper presented by Dr. Beena Narayana, Mumbai.
International Conferences in India
- How I am compelled not to be and to be a Medical Sociologist in an International Conference on Life long Education for Social Development held in Loyola College of Social Sciences,
- 13-15 August 2007, Attended International Health care Leadership summit on Role of Not for profit organisations in the Development of Health care held in Chennai Medical Mission.
- 12-13, January 2007, Authored a pamphlet during Employment opportunities for unemployed youth distributed in International youth conference held in Hyderabad.
1. Co-Director May 6th – 7th 1995, S.V.U. Senate Hall, Tirupati, Two-day National Seminar entitled Communal Harmony and National Integration – India’s hour of need. 31 papers were presented by participants from different Universities.
2. Member, March 18-19, 1996 in S.V.U. Senate Hall, Tirupati, Organising Committee Two-day National Seminar entitled Sociology, Sociologists and Society.
3. Co-Director, 25-27th March, 1997 in S.V.U. Senate Hall, Tirupati, Three-day National Seminar entitled, Social Planning for Sustainable Development. 44 papers were presented by participants.
4. Co-Director, March 27th and 28th, 1998 held in Tirupati, Two-day National Seminar entitled Social disorganisation – A Multidisciplinary Vision. 64 papers were presented by the participants.
5. Co-Director, Two-day National Seminar entitled Atrocities on Women – Break the Silence
6. Organiser, Feb 27th, 28th & 1st March 98 Christian Students Centre, Tirupati, Three-day Haggai National Seminar.
7. Co- Director, December 2-3 December 2006, Two day National seminar entitled Globalisation- Partnerships, Problems and Perspectives in S.V.U. Senate Hall
8. Co-Director, 27-28, February, 2008, Two day National Seminar entitled Excise and Prohibition Policy in India – Concerns and Challenges.
9. Co-Director, January, 2010, Two day National Seminar entitled Empowerment of the Excluded – A Qualitative assessment of Welfare / Department Programmes implemented for Marginalised Groups.
10. Co-Director. Sep.27th and 28th , 2011, Two day National Seminar entitled,’Gender ,Sociology, and Development: Strategies for a better future’.
11. Director. March, 21st and 22nd , 2012, Two day National Seminar entitled, Rethinking Globally and Reacting Locally- Experimenting University- NGOs- Community Networking.
12. Co-Director. March , 21st and 22nd , 2013, Two day National Seminar entitled,’ NGOs and Rural Development’.
13. Co-Director. March , 6th and 7th , 2014, Two day National Seminar entitled,’ Social Change and Inclusive Development –Capacity Building through NGOs
Chaired a session on Women Welfare and Development in Two day National Seminar entitled Empowerment of the Excluded.
National Seminars Papers Presented/Attended
1. Curves and Contours of Social Planning, Vellore (co-author) sponsored by Planning Commission, Government of India.
2. Unpunished blood stained hands in one day Asian level Seminar on The Problems of Girl-Child sponsored by Asian Youth Centre, Madras and ICDS, Hyderabad
3. Human Rights as it affects Women in a seminar organised by the Department of Law and Centre for peace and Non-Violence, S.V. University, Tirupati
4. Democracy and Social Immunization in an ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar Organised by Department of Political Science, S.V. University, Tirupati
5. March 30-31, 1996, Fighting Poverty – Changing Scenes towards Empowerment in a Two-day National Seminar and was Organised by Dept. of Economics, S.V. University, Tirupati.
6. May 31-June 3rd Mysore, Karnataka State, Participated in VI National Conference which was organised under the Aegis of INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN’S STUDIES.
7. 5th Oct. 1990 Madras, One-day seminar on Mental Illness sponsored by Tamil Nadu Voluntary Health Association.
8. 27-04-1991 Vellore, Tribals and Forests – Extension of Indigenous Culture in Expansion of Environmental Development sponsored by Ministry of Forests and Environment, Government of India.
9. 27-09-1991 Vellore, Recreating Tourism – why dither? in a seminar organised by ISSR, Vellore sponsored by Blue-Bird Travels, Madras.
10. 02-10-1993, Gandhiji’s Educational Philosophy in a Multicultural Context in a Symposium on Gandhiji’s relevance to contemporary India under the auspices of Centre for Peace and Non-Violence, S.V. University, Tirupati.
11. 26-03-1993, Social effects of Alcoholism organised by the centre for Human and Social Development, S.V. University, Tirupati.
12. 07-09-1993, Disaster Management and Social Development in a Symposium on Environment and Sustained Social Development under the auspices of Centre for Studies in Human and Social Development, S.V. University, Tirupati.
13. 28-10-1993, Religion and Politics – A Sociologist’s Perspective under the auspices of Centre for Social and Human Development, S.V. University, Tirupati.
14. 03-10-1994, Prevention and Intervention with Families at Risk in a Symposium on the Contemporary Indian Family Problems and Perspectiveheld on Organised by Centre for Studies in Human and Social Development, S.V. University, Tirupati
15. 15th and 16th of April, 1994, Maternal and Child Health Care Services – A Study in Arai Village of Chittoor District was presented in a Seminar Organised by Department of Economics and sponsored by ICSSR held in S.V. University.
16. 15th and 16th of April, 1994, Public Health Administration of Disempowered Groups – Planning and Management was also presented in the same Seminar.
17. 26-27 Sept, 1994, Irrigation – Stimulating Factors, Public Responses and Services in a National Seminar held in S.V. University.
18. 10-11-1994, Sociology – Educating masses for Tomorrow’s World was presented in a Seminar Organised by A.P. Trained Adult Educators Association Department of Adult Education, S.V. University on in a Seminar on Involvement of various University Departments in Rural Development Activities.
19. 28th-30th January 1995, Strengthening Families at Risk-4Es Programm(Education, Employment, Emancipation and Entertainment) has been presented (Co-Author) in a three day U.G.C. sponsored seminar held in S.P. Mahila Viswavidyalayam.
20. 25-26 Feb, 1995, Tourism as an untapped Resource – A manifesto for Additional Resource Mobilisation in Andhra Pradesh has been presented in a Two-day seminar entitled Additional Resource Mobilisation in the context of Welfare Programmes in A.P. Organised by Department of Economics under UGC Special Assistance Programme. In S.V. University.
21. 17-18th July, 1995, Special Educational Strategies for the Disadvantaged – with Special Reference to Scheduled Castes in a Two – day National Seminar entitled Information needs to Scheduled Castes Organised by Department of Library and Information Sciences, S.V. University, Tirupati
22. 29-10-1995, Stress Management – From print to Practice which was under the auspices of Centre for Social and Human Development, S.V. University, Tirupati.
23. 27th & 28th March 1998, Disabled Women – Vulnerability and Persistent Inequalities in a Seminar on Social Disorganisation – A Multidisciplinary Vision.
24. 27th & 28th March 1998, Mental Health Services in India.
25. 2-3-1999 cripple-Aid Trust & Max Mueller Bhavan New Delhi, Participated in photo Exhibition on Disabled.
26. 31-01-2001, participated in one day workshop on Development of Self Learning Material organized by DDE, S.V. University.
27. 07-12-2001 in Proddatur, Socially Relevant Social Scientists – Victims of Group thinking.
28. 27th November, 2001 Action Sociology – From Departments to Deserving held in S.V. University.
29. 29th -30th Nov. 2001, Atrocities on Women – Coping with Violence on in National Seminar on Socially Sanctioned Gender Violence organized by Dept. of Anthropology, S.V. University, Tirupati.
30. 13-12-2001, Handicrafts – Aesthetically in and Physically out in a workshop extended information on North American Indian Arts to the artisans which was broadcasted by All India Radio.
31. 10-11 Nov.2003, Mental health services delivery in urban areas of Chittoor district in urban problems in India- Act now to eradicate.
32. 10-11 Nov.2003, HIV/AIDS pandemic prevention.
33. 19-20 Nov. 2004, Victimisation of women – Break the Resilience in women empowerment in Panchayat Raj Administration in Dr. B.R.R. Government Degree College, Jadcherla.
34. 14-15 December 2004, Chittoor participated in a workshop on NGO- Govt. interface by Irrigation Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh and ICSSR (SAC), Hyderabad
35. 17th Aug. 2005, Participated in one day workshop on Street Children – Dimensions and directives, by centre for Extension studies, S.V. University.
36. 28th –29th March, 2007, participated in Indira Gandhi’s 20 point programme in Smt. Indira Gandhi’s Garibi Hatao- Relevance, Revival & Restructure in S.P. women’s University.
37. 30-31, March- 2007, Two day workshop on SIM-Open and Distance Learners, DDE, S.V. University, Tirupati.
38. 5-6 July, 2007, Higher Education and success of democracy – Dilemmas and visions National Seminar Sponsored by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Open University, Hyderabad.
39. 5-6 July, 2007, The National endowment for Democratisation of Higher Education – Continuity Behind Discontinuity.
40. 27, September – 2007, One day workshop on census data dissemination, DDE, S.V. University, Tirupati.
41. 28-29, November – 2008, Regional Workshop, Tirupati -Urban Poverty Alleviation Plan – Preparation and Implementation by Regional Centre for Urban and Environmental Studies – Osmania University, Hyderabad held in Hotel Grandworld, Tirupati.
42. 4,5, March – 2009, Recent efforts in assuring quality in higher education, NAAC held in S.P.W. College, Tirupati.
43. 4-55, March,2009, Internationalization of Higher Education – Indian and American Universities as Knowledge Partners.
44. 21, March -2009, One day workshop on Political Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Centre for Ambedkar Studies SPMVV, Tirupati.
45. Nov. 29th-Dec. 1st, 1996, Kerala Sociological Society, Trivandrum Sociologist as an Extension Counsellor – The need of the hour for Social Development Victimization of Women – Coping with Violence in a National Seminar entitled Social Planning for Sustainable Development.
46. August10-15, 1993 Bangalore, Karnataka State, Social disorganisation affecting Tourism – Strategies for Social Organisation and Tourism Promotion in India in INDIAN SOCIAL SCIENCE CONGRESS.
47. August10-15, 1993 Bangalore, Karnataka State, The Nightmare of Youth Violence -Issues and Answers in INDIAN SOCIAL SCIENCE CONGRESS.
48. March 18-19th, 1996, Medical Sociology in HIV/AIDS Pandemic Prevention – Towards Perfection was presented in Silver Jubilee Sociology Seminar held in S.V. University.
49. March 20-22, 2002 Centre for Gerontological studies, Trivandrum, participated in National seminar on widowhood in India.
50. April 21-22nd, 1995, Alcoholic Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation – A Modelling Exercise in a National Seminar entitled Alcoholic Prevention in Andhra Pradesh Organised by the Centre for Studies in Peace and Non-Violence, S.V. University, Tirupati.
51. Sept. 23-24, 1995 Aadhar Welfare Society, AGRA, Scheduled Castes – Building effective Social Change Coalitions in National Seminar held during by and Sponsored by SC/ST Cell, Ministry of Welfare, Government of India.
52. Sept. 23-24, 1995 Aadhar Welfare Society, AGRA, Scheduled Castes Socio-economic Perspectives.
53. Sept. 23-24, 1995 Aadhar Welfare Society, AGRA, Social Life of Scheduled Castes of Andhra Pradesh.
54. Nov. 25-26th, 1995, Untouchability and Constitutional Safeguards in a Two-day Seminar Organised by Department of Tamil and Weaker Section Teacher’s Association, S.V. University, Tirupati.
55. Feb 26-27,1993 Kuvempu University, Karnataka, Portrayal of Women in Advertising – Socio-Ethical Controversies and Corrections.
56. Jan 27-29th Pondicherry – Minorities in United States has been presented in Indian Association for American Studies Conference.
57. The Paper presented ‘Polices and Programmes for Tribal Development in Andhra Pradesh’ National Seminar on Bio- diversity: Emerging Perspectives and New Challenges held on Department of Anthropology , Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, during 12th -13th March , 2015.
58. The Paper Presented ‘ Women, Climate Change and Development Knowledge Network – A beginning of Visual Sociology’ National Seminar on Gender, Science and Technology, held on Centre for Extension Studies & UGC Centre for Women’s Studies, S.V.University, Tirupati, during on 29th &30th March 2016.
59. The Paper Presented Treating teens in Turnulence With Absessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD) National Seminar on Adolescents at Cross Roads: Challenges and Interventions, held on Department of Social Work, Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidhyalayam, Tirupati, during on 17th & 18th February 2017.
60. The Paper Presented Tribal Health is National Health – Voice of the Born Unfree National Seminar on Genomics and Cultural Variation of Indian Populations: An Appraisal of Health and Disease Susceptibility, held on Department of Anthropology S.V. University, Tirupati, during on 23rd & 24th February 2017.
61. The Paper Presented Gender Inequality in India National Seminar on Change for Gender Equality , held on Department of Centre foe Extension Studies ANS women Studies, S.V. University, Tirupati, during on 8th March, 2017.
62. The paper presented on ‘Farmers Suicide in India- Need for Government’s Response’ National Seminar on Formers Suicide in India: Causes, Consequences and Remedies , held on Department of Sociology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, during August 29th & 30th , 2017.
63. The Paper Presented Tribal Minorities and Entrepreneurship: Financial Inclusion and Development, National Seminar on Language, Culture and Minorities: Issues and Challenges, held on Department of Sociology Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, during on 22nd & 23rd March 2018.
64. The Paper Presented Organic forming- Principles, Types and Advantages National Seminar on Women in Contemporary Social Realm: New Predicament and Emerging Strategies held on Department of Sociology and Social Work, Acharya Nagarguna University, Guntur, during on 27th & 28th February 2019.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
He is recipient of 4 Lifetime Achievement Awards . 3Awards from SVU College of Arts, S.V.University which includes Meritorious Teacher Award, Best Researcher Awards Ist Prize for for open- house Exhibition.
- Scan Foundation, Chennai
- Heath and Educational Development and Society, NewDelhi.
- Telugu Book of Records, Hyderabad and appreciated by SHRI Siva Prasad, Member of Parliament.
INTER NATIONAL AWARDS
- Life time Achievement Award in Medical Sociology by Venus Foundation, Chennai.
State Best Teacher Award
Received State level Best Teacher Award from the hands of Sri. Narachandra babu Naiduji, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Best teacher Award by NSF i.e. Nava Samaj Federation
Present Head(2017 to till date)
SVU, Dean Development
MEMBER, ACADEMIC SENATE, SVU
Chairman, Board of studies
Deputy co-ordinator UGC SAP-DRS1
Member, Research Committee
Former Head (2012-2014)
Member, Board of studies
Media Liaison Officer, SVUCA
Convener, SVU College of Arts Extension Services
Convener, SVU Extension Services and Community Development, SVU College of Arts.
Board Member – RISE (NGO)
General Secretary, S.V. University Teachers Association
Joint Secretary S.V.U. Teachers Association
Executive Member, S.V. University Teachers Association
- April 21 – May 17, 1986 DELHI, successfully completed Foundation Course in survey Research Methodology sponsored by Council for Social Development 53, Lodi Estate, New Delhi and was Group Leader. Undertook a study on Problems of Working Women in three resettlement colonies of Delhi..
- 30th Oct- Nov 3rd 1995 in MUMBAI, Participated in a Five-day National Seminar cum workshop entitled Research Methodology on Mental Retardation organised by SNDT Women’s university, Bombay in Collaboration with National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Secunderabad.
SINGAPORE April 26th to May 17th, 1996, Successfully completed a Three-week Christian Advanced Leadership Seminar and presented a paper entitled ‘How to Present Christ relevantly to my People’.
NEPAL June 29-30, 2011 Attended A Two-day International Conference – In Search of Better Governance: Challenges and Prospects
Learning and Application, University of Malaya 17-18 Agu.2012
- Though Banyan trees as coastal Bio-shields Against
- Reproductive Health of Adolescent Girl in India
The Paper presented on ‘Patient Leadership – the Voice of Voiceless’, International Conference on Advances in Home Science Studies, held on Department of Home Science, SPMVV, women’s University, Tirupati, 20& 21st February, 2015
The Paper presented on ‘Inclusion of Dialysis as Disability – An Appeal For Governments Help, International Conference on Advances in Home Science Studies, held on Department of Home Science, SPMVV, women’s University, Tirupati, 20& 21st February, 2015.
M.A. Programme : Research Supervisor, M.A. Dissertations
- HIV/AIDS Control Programmes in Tirupati – A Case Study, Annamalai University, 2005.
- HIV/AID Programmes in Guntur, DDE, Annamalai University, 2006.
- HIV / AIDS programmes in Temple Town, Tirupati, DDE, Madurai Kamraj University, 2007.
- AIDS Control Programmes in Chinnagottigallu Mandal, Chittoor District, DDE, Annamalai University, 2007.
- Perceptions of Younger Generations towards the issues of Elderly, DDE, Annamalai University, 2009.
- Assessment of service needs for the elderly, DDE, Annamalai University, 2009.
- A Study of Profile of defaulter in category – II TB Patients in RNCTP (Revised National TB Control Programme), DDE, Annamalai University, 2009.
- Delivered lectures on COMMUNICATION in Haggai Leadership Training National Seminar.
- Delivered lectures on GOAL SETTING in Haggai Leadership Training National Seminar.
- Delivered lecture on MOTHER TERESA – The Light of the Poor, in SPW College, Tirupati.
Membership in Professional/Academic bodies
Membership in Academic Bodies.
- Member – International Sociological Association (ISA), 2002-2004.
- Member – Research Committee on Health (RC-15).
- Life Member – Indian Sociological Society.
- Life Member – A.P. Sociological Society.
- Member – Vision document on Women Education, Empowerment and Development submitted to Government of Andhra Pradesh, 1996.
- Ex-Panel member – IDEA International Journal, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu.
PROFESSIONAL AND OTHER BODIES
- President, Two terms (1985-88) – Christian Youth Association, Peters Church, Tirupati.
- Executive Member (1987), YMCA, Tirupati Camp.
- Executive Member – WESTA (Weaker Sections Teachers Association, S.V. University, 1993).
- Executive Member – WESTA (Weaker Sections Teachers Association, S.V. University, 1994).
- Convenor, Forum for Free Discussion 1994-95 Organised a Talk entitled Current Issue before New Government.
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA, Tirupati Camp, 1997.
- Member, V. University Faculty Club (SVUFAC), Tirupati.
- Joint Secretary, WESTA.
- Director, YMCA, Tirupati.
Life Member, A.P. Sociological Society
Life Member, Indian Sociological Society
Extension / other Programmes
- Ugadi Puraskaralu, Tirupati city Chambar by Padmasri Dr. D.Y. Patilji, Honble Governer OF Tripura 1.6.2012
- Felicitation of creator of freedom calendar K.S.VASU by Sri. B. Gopalakrishna Reddy, Hon’ble Minister for Environment, Forest , science and technology, cooperation, Government of Andhra Pradesh,10.08.2014.
- Ugadi Puraskaralu, Tirupati city Chambar by Dr. Smt.G. Kuthuhalamma, Former Minister, Former Dy. Speakar, Government of Andhra Pradesh 19.04.2015
- WEBINAR (06-06-2020) CONTAIN COVID-19 BY INTER PROFESSIONAL HOPE BUILDERS – TIME TO PAY BACK TO SOCIETY
- WEBINAR (21-06-2020) PREVENT COVID-19 : CALL FOR SCIENTISTS AND SOCIAL SCIENTISTS TO COME TOGETHER
- THIRD WEBINAR (30-06-2020) POST LOCKDOWN: IMPLICATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS TO CONTAIN COVID-19
- FOURTH WEBINAR (04-07-2020) “POST COVID-19 – AMERICAN, ETHIOPIAN AND INDIAN PERSPECTIVES.”
- FIFTH WEBINAR (19-07-2020) IMPACT OF COVID – 19 ON FINE ARTS
- SIXTH WEBINAR (28-07-2020) POSITIVE VIBES OF YOGA AND PHYSICAL FITNESS TO OVERCOME COVID-19 STRESS
- SEVENTH WEBINAR (18-08-2020)
ROLE OF INDIAN ARMY IN EMERGENCIES – MY EXPERIENCES
EIGHTH WEBINAR (04-09-2020)
IMPORTANCE OF ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION
SKILLS IN SOCIAL SCIENCES
NINTH WEBINAR (02-10-2020)
PEACE, NON-VIOLENCE AND GANDHISM (9/11, INTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY AND 150
YEARS OF GANDHI)
TENTH WEBINAR (03-07-2021)
COVID-19 CONQUERORS-COMBATING TRAUMA AND STIGMA
ELEVENTH WEBINAR (26-09-2021)
NEP 2020 – CHALLENGES FOR NATIONAL BUILDING
TWELFTH WEBINAR (10-10-2021)
HOW TO CRACK IELTS 2022
THIRTEENTH WEBINAR (18-10-2021)
I75 YEARS OF UNO IN THE FRAGILE WORLD ORDER
FOURTEENTH WEBINAR (24-10-2021)
COVID 2.0 – PERSPECTIVES FROM BRITAIN, CANADA AND INDIA