Dr.Y. Suneetha working as Associate Professor in the Department of Zoology. She joined in the University service in 2007. She received International Fellowship from the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi to carry her research/training at Texas Tech Health Science Centre, USA and UGC Research Award. She also received ICMR-DHR International Fellowship and worked in the University of North Texas Health Science Centre, USA and Dr. Indiranath Award for the year 2020 under Excellent Women Scientist of A.P. from the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. She completed four major research projects funded by UGC, DBT and ICMR. She is currently working on cancer specific drug targeting and therapeutics. Dr. Suneetha has publications in several prestigious journals including Human Genetics, Plos one, International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
She has supervised seven students for Ph.D and supervising six students. She is an active member at the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Society of Toxicology and technical editor for the International journal of Cancer research and joint executive editor for Indian journal of Comparative Animal Physiology. She authored 80 original research articles, reviewed several research articles in reputed journals such as PLOS ONE, Medicinal chemistry Research (Springer), Onco Targets and Therapy, Food Chemistry: X, Metagene (Elsevier) etc, and presented her research data in several National and International conferences. She also organized several National and International Conferences.
- Megana KSNM, Suneetha Y, “Virtual screening and identification of plausible novel therapeutic EGFR inhibitors against breast cancer” Journal of Experimental Biology and Agricultural Sciences, 9(4): August, 2021.
- K,Sirisha, M.Krishna Naik, Y.Suneetha and M.Srinivasulu Reddy, “Efficacy of vegetable wastes, probiotics and bioflocs on the growth performance of white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei” Journal of Aquaculture, 151, 55216-55223, 2021.
- Umadevi Bommu, Kranthi Kumar Konidala, Neeraja Pabbaraju , Suneetha Yeguvapalli, “Gene microarray expression profile analysis of differentially expressed genes of potential alternative pathways in non–small cell lung cancer: In search of biomarkers”Gene Reports 19,100633,2020.
- Umadevi Bommu, Suneetha Yeguvapalli “Role and significance of p53 insights into breast cancer progression and therapeutic strategies: A review” Journal of Innovations in Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences Vol. 7 (3): 13-20, Jul-Sep, 2020.
- Kumaraswamy Naidu Chitrala ,Mitzi Nagarkatti, Prakash Nagarkatti , and Suneetha Yeguvapalli “ Analysis of the TP53 Deleterious Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Impact on Estrogen Receptor Alpha-p53 Interaction: A Machine Learning Approach” International Journal of Molecular Sciences 20,2962(IF:4.4), 2019.
- S.N.M. Megana, Y. Suneetha “In-silico molecular screening of natural plant products for the identification of novel potential chemotherapeutic agents against breast cancer” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 10(10) 4546-4551, 2019.
- Triloknadh Settypalli,Venkata Rao Chunduri,,Nagaraju Kerru,,Hari Krishna Nallapaneni, Venkata Ramaiah Chintha,, Trinath Daggupati,,Suneetha Yeguvapalli, and Rajendra Wudayagiri. “Design, Synthesis, Neuroprotective and Antibacterial Activities of 1,2,4-Triazolo[3,4-b]1,3,4-thiadiazole Linked Thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine Derivatives and In Silico Docking Studies” Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Discovery chemistry select,4 1627-1634 (IF:1.505), 2019.
- Uma Devi Bommu, Kranthi kumar Konidala, Neeraja Pabbaraju and Suneetha Yeguvapalli “QSAR modeling, pharmacophore-based virtual screening, and ensemble docking insights into predicting potential Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) analogs against Epidermal growth factor receptor” Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction : 1532-4281(IF:1.775), 2019.
- B. UmaDevi. K. Kranthi kumar, P. Rishika, Y. Suneetha. Structural probing, screening and structure-based drug repositioning insights into the identification of potential COX-2 inhibitors from selected Coxibs. Interdisciplinary science: Computational life sciences, 11, 153-169 (IF: 0.753),2019.
- Kranthi kumar K, Uma Devi B, Neeraja P, Suneetha Yeguvapalli. “In silico insights into prediction and analysis of potential novel pyrrolopyridine analogs against human MAPKAPK-2: a new SAR-based hierarchical clustering approach“. 8, 385. (IF: 1.497) 2018.
- Trinath Daggupati, Rishika Pamanji, Suneetha Yeguvapalli. “In silico screening and identification of potential GSK3β inhibitors”. Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction. 38, 279-289. (IF:1.775), 2018.
- Kalpana Pamati, Venkata Ramireddy Narala, Vydyanath R. Narasimha, Madhavi Derangula, Venkat R.R. Arva Tatireddigari, Suneetha Yeguvapalli. “Expression, purification, and biological characterisation of recombinant human irisin”. Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. 16, 459-466, 2018.
- M. Rajesh, B. Ajitha, Y. Ashok Kumar Reddy, Y. Suneetha, P. Sreedhara Reddyand Chi Won Ahn. “A facile bio-synthesis of copper nanoparticles using Cuminum cyminum seed extract: Antimicrobial studies.” Advances in Natural Sciences: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 9 , 035005 (IF: 1.581), 2018.
- Settypalli Triloknadh, Chunduri Venkata Rao, Kerru Nagaraju, Nallapaneni Hari Krishna, Chintha Venkata Ramaiah, Wudayagiri Rajendra, Daggupati Trinath, Yeguvapalli Suneetha. “Design, synthesis, neuroprotective, antibacterial activities and docking studies of novel thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine-alkyne Mannich base and oxadiazole hybrids .” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 28 ,1663-1669. (IF: 2.454), 2018.
- Bommu, Uma Devi, Kranthi Kumar Konidala, Rishika Pamanji, and Suneetha Yeguvapalli. “Computational screening, ensemble docking and pharmacophore analysis of potential gefitinib analogues against epidermal growth factor receptor.” Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction 38, no. 1: 48-60. (IF: 1.775), 2018.
- Kalpana Panati, Vydyanath R.Narasimha,Madhavi Derangula,Venkat R.R.Arva Tatireddigari,Venkata Ramireddy Narala, Suneetha Yegguvapalli. “Cloning, Expression and Evaluation Of Immunogenicity of Truncated (78-145AA) Human Recombinant Irisin (FNDC5).”International Journal Of Innovative Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 6(02) 44-53, 2018.
- K.M. Rajesh, B. Ajitha, Y. Ashok Kumar Reddy, Y. Suneetha, and P. Sreedhara Reddy .”Assisted green synthesis of copper nanoparticles using Syzygium aromaticum bud extract: Physical, optical and antimicrobial properties”. Optic 154, 593-600. (IF:1.191), 2018.
- K. Praveenkumar, P. Naga Jyothi and Y. Sunetha “Cognitive introduction to network analysis.” European journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical research 5(02) 228-233, 2018.
- K.S.N.M. Megana, Y. Suneetha. “Molecular screening and analysis of genistein analogues for the identification of novel therapeutic inhibitors against estrogen receptor alpha”. Journal of Innovations in Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences. 5(02), 108-112, 2018.
- Trinath Daggupati, Kumaraswamy Naidu Chitrala, Rishika Pamanji, Suneetha Yeguvapalli. Molecular screening and analysis of novel therapeutic inhibitors against c-Jun N terminal kinase. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 26: 2112-2118. (IF:1.607), 2018.
- B. UmaDevi. K. Kranthi kumar, P. Neeraja, Y. Suneetha. Ligand-based virtual screening, molecular docking, QSAR and pharmacophore analysis of quercetin-associated potential novel analogs against epidermal growth factor receptor. Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction. 37 (6): 600-610 (IF: 1.775), 2017.
- Nagarjuna U, Madhusekhar M , Trinath D , Kumaraswamy Naidu C, Suneetha Yeguvapalli , Padmavathi V and Padmaja A. “Synthesis, Characterization, Molecular Docking, Cytotoxic and Antioxidant Activities of Di(indolyl)thiazolylpyrazoles”. Medicinal chemistry 7, 329-339. (IF: 1.18), 2017.
- Aruna Kumari Maddineni, Chunduri Venkata Rao, Settypalli Triloknadh, Nallapaneni Harikrishna, Chintha Venkataramaiah, Wudayagiri Rajendra, Daggupati Trinath, and Suneetha Yeguvapalli. “Synthesis, docking and ADME prediction of novel 1, 2, 3-triazole-tethered coumarin derivatives as potential neuroprotective agents.” Research on Chemical Intermediates: 1-20. (IF: 1.369), 2017.
- KSNM Megana, M. Srinivasulu reddy, Y. Suneetha. Structure based drug designing for prediction and identification of novel inhibitors against TGF-BETA1. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology. 35: 25-30, 2017.
- B. Uma Devi, K Kranthi Kumar, M. Srinivasulu reddy, Y. Suneetha.Performances of in silico approaches for toxicity and endocrine disruption possibilities predictions for a set of pesticides. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology.35:57-66, 2017.
- KSNM Megana, R Durga, Y. Suneetha. Mucinous breast carcinoma: a rare case study and discussion. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology. 35: 77-80, 2017.
- M. Renuka, Y. Suneetha, M. Srinivasulu Reddy. Cadmium induced oxidative stress in Wistar Rats: Ameliorative effect of Quercetin and Embilica officinalis plant extracts. Toxicology and forensic medicine. 2(1): 26-35, 2017.
- Kandimalla R, Manczak M, Fry D, Suneetha Y,Sesaki H, Reddy PH. Reduced dynamin-related protein 1 protects against phosphorylated Tau-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and synaptic damage in Alzhemer’s disease. Human Molecular Genetics.15:ddw312.( IF:5.985), 2016.
- Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha. Prediction and nalysis of breast cancer related deleterious Non-Synonymous Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in PTEN gene. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 17: 2199-2203.(IF:2.514), 2016.
- Ajitha B, Reddy YA, Reddy PS, Sneetha Y, Jeon HJ, Ahn CW, Instant biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Lawsonia intermis leaf extract:Innate catalytic, antimicrobial, and antioxidant activities. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 29: 474-481. (IF: 2-40), 2016.
- Panati K, Suneetha Y, Narala VR.Irisin/FNDC5- An updated review. Europian review for medical and pharmacological sciences. 20: 689-697. (IF:1.575),2016.
- Rajesh KM, Ajitha B, Reddy YA, Suneetha Y, Reddy PS. Synthesis of copper nanoparticles and role of pH on particle size control. Mterials Today: Proceedings. 3: 1985-1991, 2016.
- Prathap Reddy C, Hareesh K, Suneetha Y, Srinivasulu Reddy M. Efficacy of Animal and Plant Feed ingrediens in the formulation of feeds for induction of growth potentials in penaeid prawn Litopenaeus vennamei. International journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture Sciences. 4: 7-14, 2016.
- Sreenivasa Guptha J, Renuka M, Suneetha Y, Srinivasulu Reddy M. Evaluation of antioxidant defence system during xenobiotic induced oxidative stress in freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus. International journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture Sciences. 4: 379-385, 2016.
- Uma Devi, K. Kranthi kumar, M. Srinivasulu Reddy, Y. Suneetha Y. Comparative molecular approachs to predict potential RASSF1 inhibitors for non-small cell lung cancer. Indian Journalon Comparative AnimalPhysiology. 34: 11-18, 2016.
- Uma Devi, K. Kranthi kumar, Y. Suneetha Y.Computational approaches to binding mode of myricetin analogs to phosphoprotein phosphatise-2A: therapeutic target marker in lung carcinoma. Indian Journalon Comparative AnimalPhysiology. 34: 41-52, 2016.
- Ajitha, Y.Ashok Kumar Reddy, Syed Shameer, K.M.Rajesh,Y.Suneetha, P. Sreedhara Reddy. Lantana camara leaf extract mediated silver nanoparticles: Antibacterial, green catalystJournal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 149, 84-92.( IF3.035), 2015.
- Bhavani M, Suneetha Y, Kumaraswamy Naidu C, Srinivasulu Reddy M. Monitoring the effect of water and feed probiotics on the growth potentials in fresh water prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii. International Journalof Fisheries and AquacltureSciences.5(1): 59-70, 2015.
- Megana K.S.N.M,Trinath D, Kumaraswamy Naidu C, Suneetha. Analysis of Non-communicable and communicable disease in the rural and urban localities.Indian Journalon Comparative Animal Physiology. 33: 1-6, 2015.
- Uma Devi, K.S.N.M Megana, M. Srinivasulu Reddy, Y. Suneetha Y. Modeling and molecular docking assessments of potential resveratrol related compounds and their binding affinity withestrogen receptor α and β. Indian Journalon Comparative AnimalPhysiology. 33: 57-66, 2015.
- Prasanthi, Y. Jhansi Lakshmi, D. Trinath, B. Uma Devi, Y. Suneetha. Prediction of perfluorooctanoic acid Developmentaltoxicityusing (Quantitative) Structure Activity Relationship. Indian Journalon Comparative AnimalPhysiology. 33: 81-84, 2015.
- Uma Devi, M. Srinivasulu Reddy, Y. Suneetha. Study of Epigakkocatechin gallate (EGCG) interaction with glucose regulated protein 78 for lung carcinoma Indian Journalon Comparative AnimalPhysiology. 33: 95-104, 2015.
- K. Satya narayana, C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, D. Trinath, P. Sreenivasula Reddy, M. Srinivasulu Reddy, Y.Suneetha. Ethanolic leaf extract of Andrographis paniculata-induced oxidative stress in the testis and epididymis of male Wistar rats. Medical science. Medical Science; 15(58):7-13, 2014.
- M. Bhavani, K. Hareesh, Y.Suneetha and M. Srinivasulu Reddy. The effect of dietary protein on the growth potentials and nitrogen excretion in freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 2(2):243-248, 2014.
- S. Naresh, Y. Suneetha, C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, M. Srinivasulu Reddy. Effect of Probiotics Bacillus and Yeast on the Growth Potentials of penaeid prawns Penaeus monodon and Penaeus indicus. Species. 11(29), 42-46, 2014.
- C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha. Computational prediction and analysis of breast cancer targets for 6-methyl-1, 3, 8-trichlorodibenzofuran. PLOS ONE 9(11): e109185 (IF: 4.411), 2014.
- Chitrala KN, Yeguvapalli S. Computational Screening and Molecular Dynamic Simulation of Breast Cancer Associated Deleterious Non-Synonymous Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in TP53 gene. PLoS ONE. 2014, 9(8): e104242. (IF: 4.411), 2014.
- C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha. Molecular docking, QSAR and AMDET analysis of 6-methyl-1,3,8-trichlorodibenzofuran and its analogues against Estrogen receptor alpha. Medicinal Chemistry Research; 6. (IF: 1.612), 2014.
- P. Sachi devi, M. Malleswari, Y. Suneetha, P. Jacob Doss. Effect of sublethal dose of ethion on selected biochemical parameters in the kidney of albino rat. International Journal of Pharma and BioSciences. 5(3): (B) 804 – 808, 2014.
- P. NagaJyothi, Y. Suneetha, K. Praveen Kumar. Ultrasound induced enhancement of Protein metabolism and enzyme activities in the fat body of fifth instar silkworm, Bombyx mori L. International Journal of Pharmacy and Life sciences. 2014. 5(5): 3546-3553, 2014.
- S. Naresh, Y. Suneetha, M. Srinivasulu Reddy. Effect of Lacobacillus rhamnosus and Bacillus subtilis supplemented Probiotic diets on the Growth pattern and Anti oxidant enzyme activities in Penaeus monodon and Penaeus indicus. AIJRFANS. 14: 76-80, 2014.
- Suneetha Y, Srinivasulu Reddy M. Study on the proximate composition of freshwater prawns Macrobrachium rosenbergii and Macrobrachium malcomsonii. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology. 32: 21-31, 2014.
- Megana K.S.N.M, Suneetha Y. Yeast gene expression analysis by using a cluster approach.Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology. 32: 81-88, 2014.
- C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha. Ligand-based virtual screening to predict inhibitors against metastatic lymph node 64. Journal of Receptors and Signal Transduction. (IF: 1.63), 2013.
- Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha, P. Sreenivasula Reddy. Computational analysis of molt-inhibiting hormone from selected crustaceans. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part D: Genomics and Proteomics. 8: 292-299 (IF: 2.875), 2013.
- C. Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha. Structure-based computational analysis of protein binding sites for function and druggability in macrophage infectivity potentiator (MIP) protein of Legionella pneumophila. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy. 7(8):847-853, 2013.
- C. KumaraswamyNaidu, D. Trinath, Y. Suneetha. Subtractive Genomics approach for identification of drug targets against Chlamydophila pneumonia J138. Drug Discovery. 5: 13-15, 2013.
- Chitrala KN, Yeguvapalli S. Prediction and Analysis of Ligands against Estrogen Related Receptor Alpha. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(4):2371-5(IF:1.271) 2013.
- Sujatha Manupati, Raju Sugavasi, Indira Devi.B, Sirisha B, Subhadhra Devi V, Suneetha Y. Morphometry and Histogenesis of Human Foetal Pancreas. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. Vol.2; Issue: 9; December 2012.
- Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha, M. Srinivasulu Reddy, P. Naga Jyothi. Quantitative structure activity relationship models for DDT and BHC. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology 30: 69-74, 2012.
- Suneetha, C. Kumaraswamy Naidu. Structural effect of P278A mutation conferring breast cancer susceptibility in the p53 DNA-binding core domain. BMC Proceedings, 6(Suppl 6): P50, 2012.
- KumaraswamyNaidu, Y. Suneetha. Current Knowledge on Microarray Technology an Overview. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, February 11 (1): 153-164(IF: 0.820), 2012.
- Kumaraswamy Naidu, Y. Suneetha, B. V. Sai Prasad. Comparative analysis of communicable and non communicable diseases in rural and urban localities of tirupati in india. IJCRR 04: 20, 2012.
- Reshma Anjum, S. B. Sainath, Y. Suneetha, P. Sreenivasula Reddy. 2011. Lead acetate induced reproductive and paternal mediated developmental toxicity in rats. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 74: 793-799(IF: 2.203), 2011.
- A. Rangappa, Y. Suneetha, M. Hanuma Reddy, M. Srinivasulu Reddy. Studies on the proximal composition of fresh water prawns Macrobrachium rosenbergii and Macrobrachium malcomsonii. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology 29 (1): 56-66, 2011.
Books Edited: 02
- Cancer: Current and Future Prospects, ISBN: 978-935174-071-1; 2015.
- Studies on the optimization of dietary nutrient for Vannamei; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Mauritius; 2019.
Book Chapters: 10
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticals from the selected leaf extracts. Novel aspects in nanotechnology applications and future challenges, 2019:13-37. ISBN: 9788193925553.
- Nanocurcumin formulation-a promising drug for lung diseases.Novel aspects in nanotechnology applications and future challenges, 2019:13-37. ISBN: 9788193925553.
- Current status of breast cancer in India. Cancer: Current and Future Prospects, 2015: 1-6. ISBN: 978-935174-071-1.
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Diagnostic Modalities. Cancer: Current and Future Prospects, 2015: 7-15. ISBN: 978-935174-071-1.
- Lung Cancer Tumour Markers: An Overview. Current and Future Prospects, 2015: 16-27. ISBN: 978-935174-071-1.
- Polo Like Kinase: A General Overview. Current and Future Prospects, 2015: 164-170. ISBN: 978-935174-071-1.
- Breast Cancer Therapies and Therapeutics. Current and Future Prospects, 2015: 331-337. ISBN: 978-935174-071-1.
- Quantitative structure activity relationship of highly persistent pesticides. Frontiers in Aquaculture and Biotechnology, 2013: 245-251. ISBN: 978-81-925002-0-1.
- Role of bioinformatics on biodiversity. Threats to Biodiversity and Conservation policies, 2012 Molecular docking studies of Muc1 Onco protein. Frontiers in Aquaculture and Biotechnology, 2013: 236-244. ISBN: 978-81-925002-0-1.
- Molecular docking studies of Muc1 Onco protein. Frontiers in Aquaculture and Biotechnology, 2013: 236-244. ISBN: 978-81-925002-0-1.
- Cancer Biology (Breast Cancer and Lung Cancer)
- Drug designing
- Micro RNA profiling
Research Projects Completed: 04
- A novel approach to elucidate the expression, alterations and regulations of TP53 gene conferring susceptibility to breast cancer (2017-2020), HRD for Health Research, New Delhi, (Rs 30,00,000)
- A novel approach to elucidate the PTEN expression and mutations in breast cancer (2014-2016), UGC, New Delhi (Rs.21,00,000)
- Induction of ecdysteroidogenesis and MF synthesis by serotonin and melatonin to enhance growth and reproduction in selected edible crustaceans: an alternative to eyestalk ablation (2011 – 2014), DBT, New Delhi (Rs 26, 90,200).
- Isolation and characterization of peptide(s)/gene(s) regulating growth in selected penaeid prawns (2009-2012), UGC, New Delhi (Rs 5, 61,300).
- International: 02
- National: 02
International/National Conferences attended: 75
- DR. INDIRANATH Award for the year 2020 under Excellent Women Scientist of A.P.
- ICMR-DHR International Fellowship (2019-2020) to carry research UNTHSC, Texas, USA.
- SERB International Travel Scheme (2017)
- Research Award. UGC, New Delhi (2014-2016)
- ICMR HRD Foreign Fellowship, New Delhi to carry research at TTUHSC, Lubbock, USA.
- Fellow, Society for applied Biotechnology, 2015
- Associate Fellow, Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences,2016
- University Merit Fellow. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Member of the Board of Studies in Department of Fishery Science and Aquaculture, Sri Venkateswara University
- Chairperson, Board of Studies in Environmental Studies, DRW College, Gudur
- Member, Board of Studies in Department of Zoology, Sri Venkateswara University
- Member Board of Studies in Department of Zoology, Bengaluru North University, Karnataka.
- Member, DST PURSE, Sri Venkateswara University
- Deputy Warden, Sri Venkaeswara University Hostels for women
- Joint Secretary, Sri Venkateswara University Women Teachers Association, Sri Venkateswara University