The Legal and RTI Cell in the University was established during year 2021 as per the approval of the Competent Authority of the University in order to centralize all the Judicial disputes/RTI applications related to the University and ensure timely action to safeguard the interest of the University. The Legal & RTI Cell is under direct control of the Registrar and act as bridge between the University and Standing Counsels. The Cell consists of a Law Officer, Assistant Administrative Officer (A.A.O) and Superintendent with supporting staff.. The Legal & RTI Cell is a very important part of the administration, the activities of the cell are time bound in nature.
- To act upon the RTI Applications, Notices/Petitions received from various
- To collect the copies of Plaints, Petitions, from the Standing Counsels of SVU
- To obtain necessary details in the form of parawise comments with relevant documents from the concerned Section(s)/Department(s) of the University.
- To Endorse/prepare Replies to RTI Applications, Written Statements and Counter Affidavits on the Plaints and Petitions with the help of University Law Officer & Standing Counsel(s) and ensure its timely filing before the Courts.
- To prepare the Petitions, Appeal before Appellate Courts on behalf of the University with the help of Advocate against the orders of the lower court(s) as per the directions of the Competent Authority.
- To ensure proper and effective plea of all the cases pending before various Courts/Commissions viz. District Courts, Labour courts, Consumer Courts, High Court and Supreme Court, Lokayukta , RTI Commission, etc.
- To help in preparation of replies of Legal Notices received by the University.
- To examine and vet the administrative orders, drafts of contracts, Memorandum of Understanding, Agreements for execution, if required.
- To provide legal assistance/opinion on the administrative files to the Section(s)/Department(s) if required.
- To assist the Competent Authority in the review meetings on Legal and RTI matters and to prepare consolidated data for the review meeting.
- The Registrar is Public Information Officer and the Rector is Appellate Authority for Right to Information Act 2005. The supporting staff of Cell keeps all the record of RTI’s applications received by the University and information on pending/disposed legal case related to the University.
- Processing of various fee bills of advocate rendering advice and attending the courts representing the University.
- To issue Circular(s)/ periodical reminders to the Section(s)/Department(s) on Review meeting, pending RTI Application(s), cases in which Counter Affidavit are yet to be filed, pending implementation of court orders etc.
- Any other activities related to Legal/RTI matters, as and when directed by the Competent Authority.