Prof.G Janakiramaiah has 25 years of teaching experience at UG & PG level. He has graduated in 1985 and Post Graduated (MA Sociology) in 1987, has his M.phil (Sociology) in 1992 and awarded Ph.D in Sociology from S.V.University. He also completed his M.Ed. degree in 1995 and awarded Ph.D. in Education from Dravidian University.
Under his abled guidance, Five (05) Ph.Ds, Twenty Five (25) M.Phils, Three (03) UGC-PDFs, and One (01) ICSSR-PDF were awarded. He has completed one Minor project on Participation of Women of Primitive Tribal Groups (PTG) in self-help groups and impact: a comparative study between Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu in the year 2010. He published Five (05) books and Thirty Six (36) articles in various National and International reputed Journals. He has organised Twenty Nine (29) Seminars & Conferences and also chaired the National and International Seminars and Conferences. He was also in-charge of course co-ordinator for B.Ed. (Distance Education) for 14 years.
Prof. G.Janakiramaiah acted as peer Team member, NAAC for Six (06) years. He also acted as visiting Team member for NCTE for 18 years. He has been the Head, Department of Education since 13.12.2017; Chairman, Board of Studies of Education since 26.03.2018. He worked as Rector, S.V University from 17.05.2018 to 09.05.2019; and also acted as the In-Charge Vice-Chancellor, S.V.University during 30.10.2018 to 03.02.2019. At present along with the position of Head, Department of Education, he is looking after the IASE as the Principal.
Article Publications – 36
- “Interest of School Going Children of Tirupati Town, Andhra Pradesh”, Experiments in Education Vol.32, No.7 pp.13-16, July 2004.
- “Empowerment of Women and Development: Case of DWACRA Programmes”, Orient Journal of Law and Social Sciences, pp 41-51.
- “Moral Hygiene in an Immoral Urban world – Sociologists standing to be called”, in Urban Problems in India: Act now to Eradicate. Editor volume by D. Venkateswarlu, Prof. M. Hanumantha Rao and Prof. S. Bhaskar, Serials publications, New Delhi, 2006.
- “Street Children – Easy to get out but hard to get in Dealing Child Sex Ratio in India: Trends, Issues and Concerns”, Asia – Pacific Journal of Social Sciences.
- “Juvenile Delinquency in Tirupati. In reforms, Communities and Developments”, Edited by N. Ramulu and T. Srinivas, New Vision Publications, Hyderbad 2007. (Co-Authors: Dr. G. Janakiram and Dr. V. Reddeppa Naidu).
- “Dwelling Conditions in Tirupati Urban Slums”, In Urban slums and Poverty in D. Sai Sujatha Discovery publishing house PVT.LTD. New Delhi, Pp. 42-52, ISBN 978-93-5056-127-0.
- “Educational Status of Muslims in Andhra Pradesh” The sociologist, A Peer Reviewed Journal of Andhra Pradesh Sociological Society. Published in 2010 Vol No: I&II, ISSN 0975-170S.
- “Traditional and Modern Health Care Practices among Yerukulas in Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh- A Special focus on Women” The sociologist, A Peer Reviewed Journal of Andhra Pradesh Sociological Society. Published in 2011 Vol No:V, ISSN 0975-170S.
- “Indigenous Gender Parity and Education”, Social Work Intervention in Policy Making, Mangalam Publications, pp 89-102, ISBN 978-93-81142-769. 2013,
- “The impact of MGNREGS on the status of Women in Remote Rural Areas of Chittor District”, Indian Journal of Women and Development, Nov 2013, ISSN 2231-3974, pp 30-47.
- “Health Care Services in super Specialty Hospital: A Case Study on SVIMS” The sociologist, A Peer Reviewed Journal of Andhra Pradesh Sociological Society. Vol No: V Number I&II, ISSN 0975-170S. 2011
- “Watershed Development in Drought Prone Areas of Kurnool District in Andhra Pradesh” The sociologist, A Peer Reviewed Journal of Andhra Pradesh Sociological Society. Published in 2011 Vol No: V Number I &II, ISSN 0975-170S.
- Declining Child Sex Ratio in India: Trends, Issues and Concerns,” Published by Asia–Pacific Journal of Social sciences, Vol III(1) Jan-June 2011, pp 183-198, ISSN: 0975-5942 at http://www.socialsciences-ejournal.org
- “Digging Bore Well is Digging Your Grave” A Peer Reviewed International Journal of Asian Academic Research Associates, Volume-I issue 19 ISSN: 2278 – 859X, January, 2014.
- “Role of Rajiv Aarogyasri Scheme on providing Healthcare facilities in rural areas of Chittoor District” Published by Lalu Enterprises UK Ltd, United kingdom. ISBN.978-1-312-12663-3, 2014.
- “Amendment in Economic Conditions of Chenchus in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh”, Global Academic Research Journal, Volume-II, Issue-III, March, 2014.
- “Changes in Socio-Religious Conditions of Chenchus In Kurnool District Of Andhra Pradesh”, Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary, Impact Factor 1.393, ISSN: 2320-5083, Volume 2, Issue 3, April -2014.
- “Changing food habits of the Adolescence girls: A sociological study in Tirupati” by Serial Publications (p) LTD.ISBN:978-81-8387-717-6, 2015.
- “Behavioural Characteristics Drug Addicts in Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh”, in Indian Journal of Research, Volume-4, Issue-3, March, 2015.
- “Demographic Characteristics Drug Addicts in Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh”, Orient Journal of Law and Social Sciences, Volume-IX, Issue-4, March, 2015.
- “Impact of Watershed Development Programme in Kurnool District (A Sociological Study”, Published by International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 4, No.5, May 2015 – ISSN:2278-6236
- “Strategy of Women Empowerment: The Kurnool Experience”, Published by Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary, 3, Issue 5, June 2015 – ISSN: 2320-5083.
- “A Study On Reading Comprehension In English Of Boys And Girls Of VIII Class Students In Relation To Socio-Economic Status In Chittoor District,” International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences, IJRESS Volume 5, Issue 11 ISSN 2249-7382, November, 2015, Impact Factor – 5.545
- “Impact of Food and Nutrition Programme on Women and Children Health: A Sociological evidences in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh” Published by Create Space 4900 La-Cross Road North Charleston, SC 29406 USA, Vol no V, 2016,ISBN : 978-1535352499
- “A Study of Scientific Attitude of VIII Class Students In Relation To Academic Achievement in Tirupati.” Published by International journal of Research in economics and social sciences (IJRESS) Vol 6 Issue 12, Dec 2016, PP 311 -319.
- “Reproductive and Sexual Health among Adolescent Girls: Knowledge, Attitudes and Perception in Rural Areas of Chittoor District”. Published by International journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) ISSN 2349-5138, Special vol. Jan 2017, P.p. 48-59, Impact factor 3.125.
- “A Study of Attitude of Professional Colleges Students towards Entrance Examinations in Chittoor District”. Published by Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary (JIARM) ISSN: 2320-5083, Vol: 5, Issue 1, February-2017. Impact factor 3.114.
- “Quality Assured Distance learning Technological Ways and Means”, Published by Multifour Journal and Mashall Institute of Higher Education, Kabul, Afghanistan, ISSN:2249-8117,Vol:V,Issue 1 Jan-March 2017.
- “Non Verbal Creativity For Primary Schools Students In Tirupati”, Journal Of International Academic Research For Multidisciplinary (JIARM) ISSN:2320-5083,Vol-5, Issue-2, March- 2017, Impact Factor 3.114
- “Staff Training and Development at Open and Distance Learning”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) Jan-March, 2017, ISSN 2349-5138, Vol-4 Issue-1 Impact Factor 4.236.
- “Impact of Domestic Violence on Mental Health again Women Workers’: A Comparative Study in Rural and Urban Areas of Chittor District”, Theresa Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol.3 No.2 July-December 2017.
- “Pedagogical Issues of Biodiversity in Teacher Education”, by Lalu Enterprises UK Ltd, United Kingdom. Vol II, Educational development and Social Welfare 978-1-387-52502-7,Jan-2018
- “The Role of NGOs in Empowerment for Sustainable Community Development in Chittoor District”, Lalu Enterprises UK Ltd, United Kingdom. Vol III, Educational Development and Social Welfare ISBN.978-1-387-52502-7,Jan-2018.
- Impact of Migration on family life; Socio-Economic and health perspective of Andhra Pradesh, PARAMOUNT, publishing house, Ist , Edition, Hyderabad, Telngana. Changing Trends of family system in India, Major issues and challenges, ISBN: 978-93-88808-04-0, Feb-2019.
- NTR Vidya Seva Scheme in Andhra Pradesh – An Evaluative Study, Shanlx International Journal of Arts, Science and Humanities, (A peer –Reviewed journal,) Vol.6 (Volume -12), Special Issue-2, February 2019- ISSN-2321-788X
- Management of Natural Resources and Responsibilities, Shanlx International Journal of Arts, Science and Humanities, (A peer –Reviewed journal,) Vol.6 (Volume -5) Special Issue-2, February 2019- ISSN-2321-788X.
- Teachers effectiveness in Relation to their creative teaching strategy in high school teachers, International journal of Multidisciplinary Educational research (IJMER) Volume no -8, issues 8(1)August-2019, ISSN:2277-7881, Impact factor 6.014.
- A study on Problems of Labours in Anantapur District”International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research (IJMER) Volume No. 10,Issue 9(4), September 2021, ISSN.2277-7881, Page No. 18-21, Impact factor. 7.816(2021) IC Value 5,16: ISI Value 2.286. Scopus Review ID:A2B96D3ACF3FEA2A.
- “Sociology of Health”, Students Helpline Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., S.R. Nagar, Hyderabad. (ISBN 978-93-80831-68-8).
- “Social Demography and Family Welfare”, Students Helpline Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., S.R. Nagar, Hyderabad. (ISBN 978-93-80831-67-1).
- “Health Care Services in Andhra Pradesh: A Sociological Study in Multispecialty Hospitals in Chittoor District”. Lambert Academic Publication Germany, ISBN 978-3-659-51952-9.
- “Reading Comprehension in English of Secondary School Students”, Atman Publication, Bhavnagar, Gujrath, India. ISBN: 978-81-931454-0-1
- “Empowerment of Tribal Women : Role of Self Help groups”, Published by Atman published Academy, Bhavanagar- Gujarat,ISBN:978-81-931454-9-4
Teacher Education, Educational Sociology
Sanctioned Projects – 1
An amount of Rs.2.5 lakhs was sanctioned for the project under Ministry of Tribal Affairs “Participation Women of Primitive Tribal Groups (PTG)” in self help groups, and Impact: A comparative study between Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu in the year 2010.
- “Digging bore wells is Digging your Grave” National Conference on Suicides in Post- modern India at Department of Sociology, S.K. University, Anantapur on 22 & 23 October 2010.
- “Educational status of Muslims in Andhra Pradesh” UGC National Seminar on Inequalities and Inclusive Development Retrospect and Prospect at Department of Sociology S.V. University, Tirupati on 24 & 25 January 2011.
- “Dwelling Conditions In Tirupati Urban Slums” National Seminar on Growing Urbanization: Basic Amenities-Challenges & Strategies. At Department of Population Studies and Social Work, S.V. University, Tirupati. On 24 & 25 February 2011.
- “Indigenous Gender Parity and Education” UGC-ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Issues & challenges for Social Work at Department of Social Work, Acharya Nagarjuna University Ongole Campus on 10&11 February 2012.
- “The impact of Science and technology in contemporary Indian society” National Seminar Science & technology, Society and Development: A Discourse at Department of Sociology, Osmania University, Hyderabad on 28 & 29 March 2012.
- “Role of Rajiv Aarogyasri Scheme on Improving Rural Healthcare: A Study in Andhra Pradesh, National Seminar on Development Issues in India: major Challenges to Twelfth Five Year Plan at Dept. of Sociology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, March 25&26, 2013
- “Impact of Rajiv Aarogyasri Scheme on Improving Healthcare Facilities: A Sociological Review in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh” International Conference on Environmental Management for Sustainable Development at Dept of Geography Dharwada, University of Karnataka 20 & 21 December, 2013
- “Changing Food habits of the Adolescent Girls in Urban Areas: A Sociological Evaluation in Tirupati city”. International conference on women and millennium development goals: A social work response organized by Faculty of social work, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, vadodara. Gujarat on 13 & 14 feb-2014
- “Role of Rajiv Aarogyasri Scheme on providing Healthcare facilities in rural areas of Chittoor District” International conference on Equality and sustainable Human Development –issues and policy Implications. Organized by Development research foundation Mysore on 24th may 2014
- “Impact of Mid-day meal Scheme on Health and Nutricinal status of School Children in Andhra pradesh” UGC National seminar on Human Development Index and India organized by Dept of Economics V.S.M college, Ramachandrapuram East Godavari District AP on 14 & 15 November 2014
- “Issues and Challenges of Health care Services in Rural Areas: A Special References to Andhra Pradesh”, International Seminar on Regional Network on Poverty Eradication at Dept of Economics S.V.University Tirupati on 13 to15 November 2015
- “Tribal Women Empowerment Through Self-Help Groups: A Study in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh”, International Seminar on Regional Network on Poverty Eradication at Dept of Economics S.V.University Tirupati on 13 to15 November 2015
- A Study on Reading Comprehension in English of boys and girls of VIII Class students in relation to Socio-economic Status in Chittoor District International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences, IJRESS
- Health and Behavioural problems among adolescent: A Sociological Study in Andhra Pradesh”, International Conference on Empowerment of youth in the Global Scenario- striving for Excellence by Augmenting their Potential at Periyar Institute of Management Studies and Humanities and Social Sciences, Periyar University, Salem, tamilnadu on 4 and 5 February 2016
- “Impact of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme on promoting the Child Labour”, ICSSR National Seminar on Mahatma Gandhi national Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) and its Impact on the Socio- economic Conditions of Scheduled Castes In India at KKC college of Education, Puttur, Chittoor District on 25 and 26 February 2016 .
- “Problems of the Elderly: Challanges and Strategic Interventions”, at Dept of Social Work, Vikrama Simhapuri University on 21 and 22nd march, 2016.
- “Impact of health Care services in Rural areas to effectiveness of Public Health” National Consultation on Science and Technology for Development of indigenous in India (NCSTDII) Organised by Indian science Congress Association (ISCA) Tirupati Chapter at Vemu Institute of Technology, Chittoor District on 25 and 26 March 2016
- Health and Behavioral issues among the Adolescents: A Sociological Assessment in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh” International Conference on Advances in collaborative research for Economics, Business, Humanities, social science and computer technology at Development and research foundation, University of Mysore, Mysore, Karnataka, India. On 25 and 26 June 2016.
- Quality Assured Distance learning Technological Ways and Means, International Conference on Recent Trends in management ,Business, Humanities and Technology(RTMBHT-2017) at Kesetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, on 13-14 February,2017
- A Study of Relationship between Academic Achievement and Mental Health of Secondary School Tribal Students in Chittoor District of AP, International Conference on Innovative Trends in Teaching Education: Challenges and Strategies at Department of Education Sri Venkateswra University,Tirupati on 30th and 31st July 2017.
- Pedagogical Issues of Biodiversity in Teacher Education, 6th International Multidisciplinary Conference on Educational Development and Social Welfare at St.Philomena’s First Grade College for Women, Hassn, Mysore University, Karnataka, India- on 27th Jan-2018
- The Role of NGOs in Empowerment for Sustainable Community Development in Chittoor District, 6th International Multidisciplinary Conference on Educational Development and Social Welfare at St.Philomena’s First Grade College for Women, Hassn, Mysore University, Karnataka, India on 27th Jan-2018
- Impact of Privatization on Higher Education In India: Need , Impact and Suggestion, UGC- national Seminar on Higher education in India , Present Status, Prospects and Challenges at Dept of Sociology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana state, on 18 -19 April 2018
- Role of Teachers in Developing LEARNER’S Creative habits and Skills, International Seminar on Teaching for Creation and Innovation. Department of Education, Bharatiar University, Coimbatore.Tamilnadu, on 18 and 19 December 2018.
- Role of Women in Development and Promotion of Environment and Culture, UGC- National Seminar, on Environment towards Sustainable Life Style, Dept of Women’s studies, SPMVV, Tirupati on 28th and 29 -2018December.
- Impact of Migration on family life; Socio-Economic and health perspective of Andhra Pradesh, National Seminar on Changing Trends of family system in India, Major issues and challenges, Dept. of Sociology and Social Work, kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India, 22nd and 23rd February-2019
- NTR Vidya Seva Scheme in Andhra Pradesh – An Evaluative Study, The World Summit on RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT jointly organized by University of Mysore, UG & PG Dept. of Economics, Maharani’s College, Mysore, Development Research Foundation, Mysore, James Cook University,Singapore on 22-24 February 2019
- Management of natural Resources and responsibilities, The World Summit on RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT jointly organized by University of Mysore, UG & PG Dept. of Economics, Maharani’s College, Mysore, Development Research Foundation, Mysore, James Cook University, Singapore on 22-24 February 2019
- “National Conference of educators for Nai Talim & Experiential learning in school & Teacher Education Curriculum and Practices” organized by Mahatma Gandhi national Council of Rural Education, Dept of Higher education, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India , Hyderabad on 27th and 28th February- 2019.
Chaired Technical Sessions – 4
- International Conference on Innovative Trends in Teaching Education: Challenges and Strategies at Department of Education Sri Venkateswra University, Tirupati on 30th and 31st July 2017.
- International Conference on Environment, Genes, Health and Diseases-2017 Organized by Dept of Education and Dept.of Human Genetics & Molecular Biology, Bharathiar university- Coimbatore – 22 nd -24 th , August -2017
- International Conference on Science and Humanities for Grooming the Future: An Interdisciplinary Approach (ICSHI-2018) Organized by College Development Council (CDC) Bharathiar university- Coimbatore – 7 and 9 February -2018.
- International Conference on Teaching for Creation and Innovation Organized by Dept of Education, Bharathiar university- Coimbatore,18th and 19th – 2019.
Organisation of Conferences / Seminars – 5
- Director, National Seminar on “Indian Society at Crossroads: Problems and Solutions”, April, 27th & 28th 2013, D.D.E., S.V. University, Tirupati.
- Co-Director, UGC National Seminar on “Religion, Polity and Development in Contemporary Society”, October, 30th & 31st 2012, Dept. of Sociology, S.V. University, Tirupati.
- Co-Director; UGC National Seminar on “Gender, Society and Development Strategies for a Better Future”, 27th & 28th2011, Dept. of Sociology, S.V. University, Tirupati.
- Two-Day workshop on “SIM – Open and Distance Learners”, March, 30th & 31st 2007, D.D.E., S.V. University, Tirupati.
- Two-Day workshop on “Development of course material for M.Ed., M.L.I.Sc. And Tourism Courses”,D.E., S.V. University, Tirupati.
Names of Ph.D. Awardees and their Research Topics
- J. Appala Raju, 2008
A study on the activities of service organizations working in HIV / AIDS
- L. Varalakshmamma, 2012
Socio-Economic Conditions of Chenchus in Kurnool District of A.P.
- J. Suneetha, 2012
Self Help Groups and Empowerment of Women – A study in Chittoor (Dist.)
- B. Mukunda Naidu, 2015
Use and Abuse of Drugs – A Study in Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh.
- Mrs,Sujatha 2019
Aging and Health A Sociological study in Ananthapuram District of Andhra Pradesh
Membership in Professional Bodies: Member in Indian Sociological Society, Member in Indian Science Congress
Other Position held: In-charge Vice Chancellor and Rector
Visits Abroad: Thailand