V D REDDY is the faculty in the area of Machine Design and Tribology. His primary research is tribology & lubrication, composite materials, thin film sensors. In the area of tribology, where he focuses static and dynamic behavior of non-circular bearing of spiral Journal bearing. He analyzed the bearing characteristics under various preload factors and influence of preload factor on bearing stability. On the other side of his research investigation were carried out on radial ball bearings operated under very low temperatures. In the area of Composite materials, his research is concentrated on fabrication of metal corrugated sheets and sandwich plates. These plates have wide application in the area of composite floors to with stand large loads. A special spot welding is developed for the fabrication of sandwich plates. In the present research, his contributions in development of thin film Nano particles of Hexagonal Yttrium Manganese Oxide (h- YMnO3) material and evaluation of dielectric properties for mechanical and industrial applications. Further, expanding his research in the area of production engineering a tool is being designed for form drilling and controlling its petal length.
At the Department of Mechanical Engineering for UG and PG Programs, he teaches courses like Engineering Graphics, Machine Design, Kinematics of Machinery, Principles of Machine Design, Design of Machine Members, Finite Element Methods, Heat transfer, Instrumentation and control, CAD Laboratory, Computer Graphics, computer Graphics Laboratory, Manufacturing System Design, Software Laboratory.
In his career, he has handled many administrative positions such as Deputy Warden, Assistant Regional Coordinator for EAMCET – 2010, Co-ordinator for various committees, Dean (Evaluation), Board of Studies Chairman & Member, NAAC – Assessor, Head of the Department and Co-Ordinator (Siemen-CoE).
List of Papers published in International / National Journals
- V.Diwakar Reddy, K. Ravindranath, K, G. Jayachandra Reddy, “On the static and dynamic performance of short spiral hydrodynamic journal bearing”Central Machine Tool Institute, India,Journal of MTT Volume No: 9 Issue: 4 April 2010.ISSN:0972-7396.
- V.Diwakar Reddy, K. Ravindranath, K, G. Jayachandra Reddy, PS RamakrishnuduStatic and Dynamic Performance Characteristics of Hydrodynamic Short Divergent Spiral Journal Bearing”IUP Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.4, No.1, February 2011.
- Ananda Kumar Eriki, V. Diwakar Reddy, “Tool and Job Scheduling in a tool constrained environment using Heuristic approach”, International Journal of Mechanical Computational and Manufacturing Research, Vol.1,No.1, June 2012,12-18, ISSN: 2301-4148.
- S. Rushma, V. Diwakar Reddy, G. Jayachandra Reddy and K. Ramakrishna Prasad, Lubrication of journal bearing considering roughness, couple stress under cavitation condition” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 7(21); 85-98,2011.
- A. Hemantha Kumar, G. Krishnaiah, V. Diwakar Reddy, “ANN based prediction of surface roughness in turning”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), Volume 3, Issue2 May – August 2012, pp162-170.2012.
- V.Diwakar Reddy,Sushil Kumar Priya, G. Krishnaiah and G. Bhanodaya Reddy“Sensitivity Analysis Of Surface Roughness Of AISI 1040 Carbon Steel In Dry Turning Operation With PVD Tool Using Taguchi Design Method” Central Machine Tool Institute, India,Journal of MTT Volume No:11 Issue:12Pages 5- 11; Dec.2012.ISSN:0972-7396.
- C. Bhaskar Reddy, V.Diwakar Reddy, C.EswaraReddy,”Experimental investigations on MRR and surface roughness of EN19 & SS420 Steels in wire EDM using Taguchi Method”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 4 IssueXI Pages 721 to 732, Nov. 2012.
- A.Gopichand, G. Krishnaiah, B.Mahesh Kumar, V.Diwakar Reddy, A.V. N.L. Sharma, “Design and Analysis of corrugated steel sandwich structure Using ANSYS Workbench”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.-I, Issue – 8, 2012. ISSN:2278-0181.
- T.Sreenivasa Murthy, R.K. Suresh, G. Krishnaiah, V.Diwakar Reddy, “Optimisation of process parameters in dry turning operation of EN41B alloy steels with cermet tool based on the Taguchi method” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications,(IJERA), Vol.3, Issue2 March-April – 2013.
- K. Mani lavanya, R.K. Suresh, A. SushilkumarPriya, V.Diwakar Reddy,“Optimisation of Process Parameters in Turning Operation of AISI-1016 Alloy Steels with ANN using Taguchi Method and ANOVA” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOCR-JMCE) Vol.-X, Issue X (may-June 2013)PP 01-00ISSN:2320-334X.
- V.Diwakar Reddy, A. Gopichand, G. Nirupama, G. Krishnaiah,”Design and Fabrication of Corrugated Sandwich Panel using Taguchi Method”, IAEME, International Journal of Design and Manufacturing Technology (IJDMT), Vol.-4, issue – 2, May – August,2013. ISSN – 0976-6995. Impact factor 4.2823(2013).
- AVNL Sharma, V. Diwakar Reddy, K. Venkatasubbaiah, “ Influence of Cutting parameters on surface roughness, metal removal rate and power consumption on EN353 with coated tools by ANOVA”Central Machine Tool Institute, India,Journal of MTT Volume No: 12 Issue: 3March2013;ISSN:0972-7396.
- S.Indumathi,V. Diwakar Reddy,G.Krishnaiah, “Grey Relational Analysis to Determine Optimum Process Parameters for Thermo Mechanical Form Drilling – Riveting”,International Journal of Research in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering”,Voume No. 1 Issue.3 July,2013, Page-74-83.
- A. Gopichand, Dr. G. Krishnaiah, Diwakar Reddy. V, N. V. S. Shankar,” Modeling Analysis of a steel Sandwich Plate System (SPS) Floor” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Volume No. 2 Issue . 11, Nov. 2013 ISSN2278-0181
- A. Gopichand, Dr. G. Krishnaiah, Diwakar Reddy. V, D. Krishnaveni,” Numerical Simulation of Sandwich Plate System (SPS) Floor” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering and Technology, Volume No. 2 Issue . 11, Nov. 2013. ISSN2319-8753.
- G.Nirupama, V.DiwakarReddy,G.Krishnaiah,“Design and Fabrication of Spot Welded Corrugated Panel Under Three Point Bending by FEM” GCMM-2014, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier, Dec. 2014.
- Mahedhar Reddy, V.Diwakar Reddy, “Theoretical Investigations on Dimensional Analysis of Ball Bearing Parameters by using Buckingham Pi-Theorem”GCMM-2014, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier, Dec. 2014.
- Raghu raj, VVLN Sravanthi, V. Diwakar Reddy, “Design and fabrication of micro load sensor”, Journal of Basic and applied engineering research, April 2015, pp.706-709.
- V. Narayana, V. Diwakar Reddy, G. Krishnaiah, “Characteristics Investigation of Squeeze Film Damper using Triangular Element” International Journal of innovation in Engineering and Technology. April,2015.
- P, G. Krishnaiah, DiwakarReddy.V.,” Design and Implementation of Pennar Integrated management system(PIMS) model through lean principles and practices”, Indian Journal of Science, 2016,V.No.23(80),394-402.ISSN 2319-7730.
- P, Naga Raju.I,DiwakarReddy.V G. Krishnaiah,.,” Lean supplier selection based on Hybrid MCGDM Approach using Interval Valued Neutroscphic Sets: A Case Study”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Feb.,2016,V.No.7(issue 2),394-402 ISSN 2229-5518.
- Krishnaiah,.,DiwakarReddy.V,” Selection of LEAN Facilitator and Machine for implementating LEAN Manufacturing System in a Discrete Manufacturing”, International Journal of Engineering Research, Feb.,2016,V.No.5(issue 2),386-391 ISSN 2319-6890.
- Maheedhara Reddy, Prof V.Diwakar Reddy, “Theoretical Investigations on Dimensional Analysis of Ball Bearing Parameters by using Buckingham Pi-Theorem”. 12th Global Congress on Manufacturing And Management, GCMM 2014, Procedia Engineering 97 (2014) 1305 – 1311.
- NirmalaO,Bhargavi Y, SreedharaReddy P and DiwakarReddy V, “Synthesis of hexagonal YMnO3Nanoparticles bysol-gel route and their characterization “, MTT Journal of Information Source for Manufacturing Engineers and Technocrats, Vol.17, Issue 09, September 2018, ISSN No: 0972-7396.
- Suresh Katikamand, Prof. V.Diwakar Reddy,”Dimensional Analysis of Formdrilling Parameters byUsing Matrix Method of Buckingham Pi-Theorem”,JETIR,February2018, Volume 5, Issue 2,ISSN-2349-5162.
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V. and Murali, P. (2014),“Supplier Selection using Multi Criteria Decision Making Methods” International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, Vol.2 No.6, pp.533-539
- Naga Phaneendra,, Diwakar Reddy, V. and Sriniketa, D. (2014), “Plant location Selection by using MCDM Methods”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol.4 No.4, pp.110-116.
- Naga Phaneendra,, Diwakar Reddy, V. and Srikrishna, S. (2016), “Topsis based approach for the selection of Third Party Reverse Logistics service Provider: A case study of Mobile phone Industry”, International Journal of Interdisciplinary research, Vol.2 No.4, pp.177-181.
- Naga Phaneendra, , Diwakar Reddy, V. and Srikrishna, S. (2016), “An Approach to selection of third party Reverse Logistics provider for mobile phone Industry using VIKOR Method”, International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, Vol.4 No.2, pp.333-338
- Naga Phaneendra, A.,Diwakar Reddy, V. and Bhanodaya Reddy, G. (2016), “Selection of Production Planning Forecasting Method for V-Belt drive Manufacturing company using TOPSIS :A Case Study”, North Asian International Research Journal consortium, Vol. 2 No.2 ,pp. 3-11
- Naga Phaneendra,, Diwakar Reddy, V. and Krishnaiah, G. (2017),”Taming of Whip-Lash Effect in forecasting for Automotive spare parts Industry Using MINITAB and EXCEL Spread sheet”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 161 No. 9, pp. 12-17.
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V. and Krishnaiah, G. (2016), “Extenuating Whip-Lash Effect in Multi-Echelon SCM in Steel Processing Industry Using Optimization Model”,Journal for /manufacturing and production sciences,Vol. 16 No. 4, pp. 309-315
- Naga Phaneendra,, Diwakar Reddy, V &Sankaraiah, G (2017),” Remission of Batch Order Quantity in Single Echelon Supply Chain Using Inventory Model”,International Journal of Latest Engineering Research and Applications,Vol.2, No.10,pp 42-47.
- Bhargavi , V.Diwakar Reddy, P. Bhaskara, (Dec.2018)” Experimental Investigations and Metallugrical Aspects of Form Drilling on AL 8011”, International Journal of Engineering Research, Issue -3 pp767-778.
- MekalaBrahmaiah, Y, Bhargavi, V. Diwakar Reddy (Feb.2019),” Tool Selection and Optimisation of Heat Generation in form drilling process by Taguchi”, Journal of Applied Sciences and Computations,Issue-11, pp.225-261 ISSN:1076-5131.
- Maheedhar Reddy, V. Diwakar Reddy, et al..“Failure analysis of Radial Ball Bearing Paramenters using Taguchi Method”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR),Vol.5, Issue – 4 pp.109-119, ISSN:2349-5138, (Oct. 2018).
- Maheedhar Reddy, V. Diwakar Reddy, et al..“ Experimental and theoretical investigation of Heat generation in radial ball bearing”International Journal of Ambient energy, pp1-23 ISSN 0143-0750, April-2019.
- Nirmala Onteru, Sreedhara Reddy P and Diwakar Reddy V “Synthesis of hexagonal YMnO3 nanocrystals, characterization, and study of their dielectric properties”, was published in online on 12th July 2019 in Elsevier journal “Materials Today: Proceedings”with DOI: 1016/j.matpr.2019.05.391.
- Bhargavi, V.Diwakar Reddy “Dimensional analysis of Form drilling parameters by Buckingham Pi theorem and optimization of Heat generation in Form drilling Process by Taguchi “ Feb. 2020 Springer Intelligent Manufacturing and Energy Sustainabilitypp 633-644
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V. and Sankaraiah, G. (2020) Order quantity allocation for total inventory cost optimisation to selected suppliers through VIKOR technique, Int. J. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp.290–298
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V., Sankaraiah, G. and Nagaraju, I. (2019) Optimization of Total supply chain cost of Multi-Echelon system in Leagile network under probabilistic Demand , Int. J. Industrial and Systems Engineering, DOI:1504/IJISE.2020.10028934.
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V., and Nagaraju, I. (2020) Prediction of Proportional Weights Allocation to Echelons of Supply Chain Using Neutrosophic Sets Theory,Int. Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol.13, No. 5, pp.1-15. http://doi.org/10.26488/IEJ.13.5.1260.
- Maheedhara Reddy, Dr.V. Diwakar Reddy “Advancement of model for examination of temperature impact in radial ball bearing utilizing grid technique for DAMM investigation”, Manufacturing Technology Today, Vol. 18, No. 12, December 2019,ISSN No. 0972-7396.
- Maheedhara Reddy , Dr. V. Diwakar Reddy , “ Experimental and theoretical investigations of heat generation in radial ball bearing ” International Journal of Ambient Energy , Taylor and Francis Group. ISSN: 0143-0750 (Print) 2162-8246 (Online). https://doi.org/10.1080/01430750.2019.1611635. JAN, 2019.
- H.Srimudhitha, Dr.V.Diwakar Reddy, M.Venugopal Naidu “Optimization of process parameters in CNC End Milling of AL 6063/Sic composites” journal of information and computational science, ISSN: 1548-7741, volume 10 issue 12 – 2020, www.joics.org.
- S Nuzhath Wafa, Dr.V.Diwakar Reddy, M. Venugopal Naidu “Optimization of process parameters in CNC drilling of AL 6063/SiC using desirability function analysis,” Journal of Information of computational Science, ISSN NO:1548-7741,vol.11 issue 10, OCT-2021 www.joics.org.
- Shaik Shajahan,”Design and analysis of precession polygon hole drilling tool”, science technology and development, vol.X, Issue XI Nov-2021, http://journalstd.com/ P Srinivasa Rao, G .Bhanodaya Reddy, V.Diwakar Reddy, “Design and development of advanced rotary peristaltic pump”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, (2017) Volume 8, Issue 6&ISSN-0976-6359, http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-85026254939&partnerID=MN8TOARS
- Reddy, G.M., Reddy, V.D., Kumar, B.S., Shyamsunder, J. “Experimental investigation on radial ball bearing parameters using taguchi method”, Journal of Applied and Computational Mechanics, (2018) Volume 4, Issue 1&2383-4536, https://doi.org/10.22055/jacm.2017.22072.1124
- Phaneendra, A.N., Sankaraiah, G., Reddy, V.D., Reddy, R.M. “Assimilation of Mechanical properties of reinforced aluminum, stainless steel wire mesh with glass fiber epoxy hybrid composites for aircraft application” Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, Taylor&Francis Group, https://doi.org/10.1080/2374068x.2020.1765107
Machine Design, Tribology, Machine Dynamics
List of Papers presented in International Conferences/Seminars
- B, Diwakar Reddy. V, BhanodayaReddy.G, Eswara Reddy. C, “Jatropha Oil with Pre-heating as an Alternative Fuel for C.I Engine”, 5th International Symposium on Fuels and Lubrication, IOCL, R&D Center, Faridabad, India, in association with SAEINDIA, New Delhi, March, 2006, SAE No. 2006-28-0040.
- Diwakar Reddy, G. Bhanodaya Reddy, C.E. Reddy, K. Vijaykumar Reddy, “A comprehensive survey on Bio- Fuels for use in IC Engines”, International Conference on IC Engines and combustion, JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad, 6th – 9th December, 2007.
- Diwakar Reddy, K. Ravindranath, K. Ramakrishna Prasad, G. Jayachandra Reddy,” Load Carrying capacity of Hydrodynamic Convergent Spiral Journal Bearing”, IISc Centenary – International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (IC- ICAME), IISc Bangalore, July 2nd – 4th , 2008.
- Diwakar Reddy, K. Ravindranath, K. Ramakrishna Prasad, G. Jayachandra Reddy,” Dynamic Characteristics of Convergent Spiral Journal Bearing ”, 6th International Conference on Industrial Tribology – 2008 (ICIT-2008), IOCL, New Delhi, Nov. 6th -8th , 2008 P. No. 052.
- Diwakar Reddy, K. Ravindranath, K.Dileep Kumar, “Experimental and Neural Network Analysis of a Rotor on Short Spiral Journal Bearing”, Paper code 181 International Conference on Design and Advances in Mechanical Engineering, SKP Engg. Collge,Dec. 17th -18th 2011.
- Diwakar Reddy, G. Krishnaiah, et al “ Analysis of form drilling AA1100 using HSS tool”, Paper code 121178,PSRCenter, Bangkok
- Nirmala, S Ajith kumar, P Sreedhar Reddy, V Diwakar Reddy “Structural, morphological, and electrical properties of YMnO3/Si and YMnO3/Y2O3/Si bilayer thin films by pulsed laser deposition” 3rd International Conference on Material Science, Smart Structures and Applications, ICMSS 2020; Surya Engineering College [SEC]Erode; India; 15 October 2020 through 16 October 2020; Code 167032, Volume 2327, 9 February 2021, Article number 020015& 0094-243X, AIP Conference Proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0039574
- Bhargavi, V Diwakar Reddy, P Bhaskara“Effect of process parameters on petal height and heat generated during bushing formation in form drilling of Al8011” 1st International Conference on Advanced Trends in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, ATMA 2019; Dayananda Sagar UniversityBengaluru; India; 7 November 2019 through 9 November 2019; Code 171652, Volume 7, Issue 2, 2021, Pages 288-303&2374068X, Materials Today: Proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.05.364
- C) List of Papers presented in National Conferences / Seminars
- V.Diwakar Reddy, T.K. Mondal , B. S. Suresh , “Coupled Field Analysis of Piston Cylinder Apparatus for High Pressure and High Temperature DTA System”. All India Seminar/ Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati, August 2004, pp: D1-D6.
- 2. V.Diwakar Reddy, T.K. Mondal, B.S. Suresh, “To study the change of volume of Ammonium Nitrate in terms of pressure in High Pressure Differential Thermal Analysis System and Calculate by Gruneissen Equation”. All India Seminar/Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati, August 2004 pp: B4-B6.
- V.Diwakar Reddy, P. Hema, “Mathematical Modeling of Friction Stir Welding Parameters on Lathe”, National Conference on Recent Advances in Manufacturing Engineering, RAMT 06, Velammal Engineering College, Chennai February 2006 pp: 67-70.
- DiwakarReddy.V, K. Ravindranath, “Creep Induced Stress Relaxation of the Bolted Joints Using FEA”,All India Seminar/Conference on Emerging trends in Mechatronics and Instrumentation, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati, June 2007.
- Bhanodaya Reddy, V. Diwakar Reddy, C. Eswara Reddy “Utilisation of Bio- Diesel of Jatropha oil in IC Engines – A Comparative Study”, All India Seminar/Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechatronics and Instrumentation, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati, June 2007.
- Nirupama, C. Ramakishore, V.Diwakar Reddy, “Major Causes for Delamination in Composites and Available Methods to Overcome”, All India Seminar / Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechatronics and Instrumentation, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati, June 2007.
- DiwakarReddy, G. Dileep, K. Ravindranath“ Analysis of Vibration Parameters of a Rotor on Spiral Journal Bearing using Neural Networks”, Presented at 2nd AP Science Congress, organized by AP Akademi of Sciences, Hyderabad and Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Nov. 2009. # ES-O:28
- DiwakarReddy, G. Dileep, K. Ravindranath”Application of DARSIRI method to impove the functionality of journal bearing ” TNATRAGNANA – 2009 held on 6th & 7th Oct .2009at GSSS Institute of Engineering and Techonology,Mysore.
- Bhaskar Reddy, V. Diwakar Reddy, C. Eswara Reddy, G. Jayachandra Reddy“Evolution and Growth of Wire Electrical Discharge Machining, (WEDM) and Applications – A Review” 2ndAPScienceCongress held on 14thto 16th Nov. 2009at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. # ES-O:
- Bhaskar Reddy, V. Diwakar Reddy, C. Eswara Reddy, G. Jayachandra Reddy“Unconventional Machining- Role of Electric Discharge Machining – A Review”Presented at VallabhaVidhya Nagar, Gujarat. Nov. 2010.
- Nirmala, P.Sreedhara Reddy and V.Diwakar Reddy “Growth and Structural characterization of electron beam evaporated YMnO3 thin films on glass and silica substrates”, National Conference on NOVEL MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGIES, 16-17, September 2017.
- Naga Phaneendra, A., Diwakar Reddy, V., (2018) A Novel Inventory Optimization Model for Total Supply Chain Cost Control in Leagile Network with Stochastic Demand, Advanced Engineering Optimization Through Intelligent Techniques(AEOTIT), SVNIT-Surat
- Nirmala, S. Ajith Kumar, P.Sreedhara Reddy and V.Diwakar Reddy Structual, morphological and Electrical properties of YMnO3/Si and YMnO3/Y2O3/si bilayer thin films by pulsed laser deposition, AIP Conference Proceedings 2327, 020015(2021) published online 09-Feb.2021. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0039574
- G.Maheedhara Reddy, V Diwakar Reddy “Theoretical investigations on dimensional analysis of ball bearing parameters by using buckingham Pi-theorem” 12th GLOBAL CONGRESS ON MANUFACTURING AND MANAGEMENT, GCMM 2014, Volume 97 , Pages 1305-1311 & ISSN-1877-7058, Procedia Engineering-2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.12.410
- G Nirupama, V Diwakar Reddy, G Krishnaih“Design and fabrication of spot welded corrugated panel under three point bending by FEM” 12th GLOBAL CONGRESS ON MANUFACTURING AND MANAGEMENT, GCMM 2014, Volume 97, Pages 1282-1292&ISSN-1877-7058,ProcediaEngineering-2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.12.408
- i) Ref. No& Application Number: E-12/5324/2021/CHE& 202141057520
Title: HEXAGONAL YMnO3 NANOPARTICLES HAVING NEGATIVE DIELECTRIC PROPERTIES AND METHOD OF SYNTHESIS THERE OF
Membership of professional bodies
- Tribology Society of India (TSI) – Life Member (3802)
- Member Institute of Engineers – MIE (M – 147-156-7)
- Member of ISTE (LM-100737)