Born on 14th June, 1961 to Late Sri. GVN Murthy and Late Smt. Pramila bai in Tirupati, had Graduation, Post-graduation and Doctorate from SV University College of Engineering. He was First ranker and Gold Medalist in his graduation and post-graduation. In addition to being an academician, held various administrative positions like Principal of the College, Director of SVU Engineering Department, Chairman BOS UG and PG, Member of various professional bodies, academic bodies and PSC selection boards, including Jammu and Kashmir. He has a good number of publications (National and International) to his credit. One of the M.Tech. thesis guided by him was awarded best thesis. For his outstanding contributions in different fields, including academics and administration, he was awarded ‘BEST TEACHER’ at State level, in addition to ‘Eminent Engineer’.
Details of Publications:
- “Fall velocity of irregular shaped particles”. – 15th National Conf on FM and FP, Srinagar, Kashmir 1987.
- “Failure of buildings due to foundation problems at Padmavathipuram – Near Tirupati “, Proc. Inst of Engrs. Nov 1990.
- “Radial flow through porous media “- a report presented in Conf conducted by CSIR in New Delhi, 1991.
- “Non- Darcy converging flow through coarse granular media “– Jol. Inst of Engrs.Vol.76/5, pp 6-11.1995.
- “Drought monitoring through Remote Sensing – A case study”- Proc. National Sympo. On Recent Developments in Civil Engineering, S.V. University, Dec 21-23,1996
- “Validity of application of Forchheimer equation in Radial flow through coarse granular media”, Jol.ASCE, Jul Vol 123, No.7 696-705,1997.
- “Non-linear flow through large sized porous media” Jol. IWRS July, Vol 17(3), No.3 pp 18-24,1997.
- “Experimental study on dispersion of conservative pollutant through porous media” Jol. IWWA, Mumbai Jul- Sept, pp 181-195, 2003
- “A further study on Forchheimer coefficients as applied in seepage flow “, Jol. of ISH,Vol 10, No.2 Sep.2004.
- “Regimewise equations for resistance coefficient “Jol.IWRS , Vol.24, No.4 Oct, 2004.
- “Empirical Modelling and correlation analysis of Evapotranspiration – A case study” Jol.ISH, Vol11, No.2 Sept, 2005.
- Effect of Converging Boundary on Radial Flow through HomogeneousPorous Media” Jol IWRS Vol.26. No1-2, January – April, 2006.
- “Removal of Vat dye colour using Natural Process” Jol. of Nature, Environment, and Pollution Technology”, Vol.5 No 2. June 2006.
- “Rainfall prediction for Musi reservoir project rainguage station in Andhra Pradesh” Vol. 14 (3) ISSN 0972-1215, Ind Jol of Environ & Ecoplan, pp 373-380,2007.
- “Estimation of Groundwater quality parameters Using Artificial Neural Networks” 6th International IAHS Groundwater Quality Conference, 2-7 December, Fremantle, West AUSTRALIA,2007.
- “Groundwater Augmentation in SV University Campus through Rainwater Harvesting” paper presented in National Seminar on Advances in Hydro Sciences, March 10th and 11th, SV University, Tirupati, 2008.
- “Studies on the possibilities of waste water irrigation of the sewage effluent from the designed sewage treatment system of SUDA, AP, India, Pollution Research, International Jol, ISSN 0257-0850, Vol.27 (2): pp 247-252,2008.
- “Groundwater recharge through rainwater harvesting and studying variation in water quality” Pollution Research, International Jol, ISSN 0257-0850, Vol.27 (3): pp 503-506, 2008.
- “Application of DBMS approach using Microsoft visual foxpro softwater for analyzing hydrological data” Ind.Jol. of Envi. and Ecoplan, ISSN 0972-1215, Vol15, 1-2, pp 119-124,2008.
- “Application of Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems techniques for integrated management of Boothpur Watershed in A.P.” Jol.Applied Hydrology, Vol.XXINo.1 & 2 pp 65-74,2008
- “Rainfall prediction for Musi Reservoir project raingauge station in Andhra Pradesh” Indian Jol. Env. & Ecoplan, 14 (3): pp 373-380, 2008
- “Value addition for sewage effluent generated from the designed sewage treatment system – A case study” – Jol.Applied Hydrology, Vol. XXI, No. 3 &4, pp21-28, 2008.
- “Forecasting Groundwater levels using Artificial Neural Networks”, Int. Conf on Groundwater Modelling, 28-30 May, 2009, Tokyo.
- “Prediction of Groundwater levels using different artificial neural network architectures for Tirupati Mandal”, Int.Jol. Nature Env. and Poll. Tech, Vol8, No.3 PP 429-436, 2009
- “Study on spatial distribution of water quality index- A case study” Jol.Current Science,14 (1): 309-321, 2009.
- “Estimation of groundwater resources in a basin – A case study” IGC-GEOTIDE, Guntur, India, Feb, 17-19, 2010.
- “Evaluation of subsurface water quality by estimation of Physico-Chemical parameters – A case study” – Asian. Jol. Mocrobiol. Biotech, Env.Sci. Vol.12 No. (4), pp 839-842, 2010.
- “Demarcation of groundwater prospect zones through RS and GIS techniques in a basin” IGC-GEOTIDE, Guntur, India, Feb, 17-19, 2010.
- “Groundwater level forecasting using Feed forward neural network trained with different algorithms” ISH Jol of Hydr. Engg, Vol.16, No.1 March 2010, pp 20-35.
- “Evaluation of groundwater resources and estimation of stage of groundwater development in a basin – A case study” Int. Jol. Irrigation and Drainage, Published online in Wiley online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ird.628 – 2011.
- “Prediction of Groundwater Levels Using Different Artificial Neural Network Architectures and Algorithms” Int.Conf – WORLD COMP -2011 on Artificial Intelligence , Las Vegas, Nevada, USA July 18-21, 2011.
- “Evaluation of groundwater potential zones and identification of groundwater augmenting Structures in a basin – A case study” Jol IWRS, 2011.
- “Assessment of Spatial Distribution of Groundwater Quality in Kodagattu Catchment of Greater Vishakapatnam Municipal Corporation, India – A GIS Based approach” Int. Jol of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development ISSN(E):2249-7978; Impact Factor(JCC):5.4829, Jun 2013.
- “Logarithmic method of rating water quality”, National Conference on Water and Its sustainability in mining and other environment: Vision 2050, 28-29, March 2014 at ISM, Dhanbad
- “A Revisit to Forchheimer Equation Applied in Porous Media Flow” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Science (IJRES) ISSN: 2320-9356 www.ijres.org, Volume 2 Issue 6, June. 2014. pp.41-53
- “Development of Groundwater Flow Model Using Visual MODFLOW” International Journal of Advanced Research. (IJAR),ISSN.No 2320-5407,Vol.2, Issue 6, June 2014, pp 649-656.
- “Quantification of Effect of Convergence in Porous Media Flow” 5th International Conference on Porous Media and Their Applications in Science, Engineering and industry, June 22-27, 2014, Kona, Hawaii, USA.
- Shanmukha Srinivas G and Pradeep Kumar G N., 2021 “Assessment and Spatial distribution of Groundwater Quality Index – A Case study”. Indian Journal of Environmental Protection. Vol.41 (2), 173-178.
- Gorantla, S., Pradeep Kumar, G.N. Spatial distribution of groundwater quality indices using decision support system in Cheyyeru Watershed, YSR District, India. Spat. Inf. Res. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41324-020-00355-5
- Shanmukha Srinivas, G., Pradeep Kumar, G.N. & Jyothi, P. Demarcation of groundwater potential zones using analytical hierarchical process in Cheyyeru watershed, India. Int J Energ Water Res (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42108-021-00127-3
- P Anil Kumar, G N Pradeep Kumar and M J Nandan “ASSESSMENT OF CONTAMINANT MIGRATION USING MT3DMS MODEL” AMIWRE conference February 20-21, Springer book series (Accepted, In Press)
- Shanmukha Srinivas G, Pruthvitej I and Pradeep Kumar G N (2021) “Evaluation of spatial indices of groundwater quality – A case study” Proceedings of the Conference on Innovative Trends in Hydrological and Environmental Systems (ITHES-2021) NIT Warangal, Paper ID: ITHES2021-048, P 236-237.
- Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering
- Organizing secretary, CEAFETE- 1995, a National Level student seminar, 1995
- Organizing Secretary, National Seminar on “ENVIRONMENT and HEALTH “, 29th and 30th December,2003.
- Organized “Orientation Programme” for newly inducted Professors, Associate and Assistant Professors in Civil Engineering during 6-12, August 2007 under the auspices of APSCHE, Hyderabad.
- Organized “CurriculumDevelopment Programme” for complete revision of scheme and syllabi of Civil Engineering by involving field engineers, faculty from IIT, IISc and other reputed Institutions.
- Organized aworkshop on Curriculum Development activity in Civil Engineering during 28th& 29th Feb, 2008.
- Organized a blood donation camp under aegis of INDIAN REDROSS, CHITTOOR on 29thDec, 2010.
- Organized aNational Level technical student symposium “TRYST” during 28th& 29th Feb, 2011.
- Organized aNational Level MBA student’s symposium “PRAVILAS” as Principal, YITS, Tirupati on 15thMar, 2011.
- Organized a National Workshop on University- Industry Interaction during 22 and 23, Sept, 2012.
- In the year 2013 Organized online counseling for EAMCET-2013, MBBS, BDS, 3 and 5-year law course, M.Tech. and M. Pharmacy, Nursing, MLT courses, Architecture (M.Arch.) without any postponement or rescheduling in spite of Political turmoil in the state.
- Organized online counseling for Admissions-2013 into GITAM University, Vizag.
- Organized online counseling for Admissions-2014 into GITAM University, Vizag.
- Organized a workshop on Innovation and Patents during 27th and 28th Dec, 2019.
Guest lectures/ Keynote addresses delivered:
- Technical talk on “Irrigation Water Management” 22nd Jan, 1998 at IE (India), LC, Tirupati
- Technical Talk on “Environment and Health” 29th Dec, 2003, SVU, Tirupati.
- Keynote address on “Global Warming” 5thNov 2005 at VIT, Vellore,
- Technical talk on “Basics of RS and GIS” 7th Dec, 2005 at RVR& JC Engg College, Guntur.
- Guest lecture on “Technical Aspects of optimization in Civil Engineering” 01st Sep, 2005 at VIT. Also a judge for a technical event at SADHANA-05.
- Technical talk on “Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering” on 23rd Dec, 2005 at GPREC, Kurnool.
- Key note address on “IWRM – A path to achieve MDG” in National Conference on Watershed Management and Impact of environmental Changes on Water Resources”, 22-23, Feb,2007, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Technical talk on “Ethical Aspects of University Teachers” 11th Aug, 2007 at Induction Programme, SVU, Tirupati.
- Keynote address on “Various Aspects of Lift Irrigation” 15th July 2008 at IE (India), LC, Tirupati.
- Expert Lecture on “RS and GIS- Their Applications in WRM” on 09th Sept, 2008 at JNTUH, Hyderabad.
- UGC Expert (Resource person) in a 3-week work shop on “Water Resources Management – Environmental Implications”, Centre for Water Resources, JNTU, Hyderabad, 2009
- Expert Lecture on “IWRM – A path to achieve MDG” in DAAD (Germany) sponsored GAWN International Seminar on “Water and Biodiversity” on 03rd Nov, 2009
- Keynote Speaker – 208thbirth day Celebrations of Sir Arthur Cotton – 15th May, 2010at IE (India), LC, Tirupati
- Keynote Speaker – National Seminar on “Water Resources Management” 22-23, Jan 2014, Geography Dept., SVU.
- Keynote Speaker – 15- Day National Workshop on “Geoinformatics” 15-29, April, SPMVV, Tirupati. 2014
- Resource Person “EAMCET Admissions- 2014” EENADU – SRIRAMA Group, 30thJun, 2014 Mahati Auditorium, Tirupati.
- AP State Best teacher award – 2017
|Professional Body||Grade of membership|
|Institution of Engineers||Fellow Member|
|Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)||Member|
|American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)||Member|
|Indian Society of Hydraulics (ISH)||Member|
|Indian Water Resources Society (IWRS)||Member|
|Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS)||Member|
- Professor of Civil Engineering
Administrative Positions Held:
- NCC Officer, SVU College of Engineering
- Warden, SVU College of Engineering
- Chief Superintendent of Exams
- Head of the Department
- Chairman BOS (UG & PG)
- Director, SVU Engineering Department
- Principal, SVU College of Engineering, Tirupati
Ph.D. Guidance: (9)
- “Quantification of effect of convergence in porous media flow” Jayachandra (2006)
- “Steady Radial flow through Porous media” – L. Thimmaiah (2007)
- “Groundwater Level Forecasting Using Artificial Neural Networks” P. Sujatha (2009)
- “Experimental Investigations on flow through porous media with an emphasis on Characteristic parameters” M. Thiruvengadam (2010)
- “Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Groundwater Using Remote Sensing and GISTechniques – A CaseStudy” P. Srinivas (2011)
- “A NEW APPROACH TO QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE ASSESSMENT OF GROUNDWATER USING SPATIAL DATA AND AQUIFER PROPERTIES” C. Janardhana Swamy (2015)
- ” An experimental exploration of relation between regime-resistance coefficient in flow through porous media” D. Missamma (2017)
- “Comparative Study on the Performance of Analytical Hierarchy Process and Probabilistic Models for Mapping of Groundwater Potential Zones and Quality Indices” T. Hemalatha (2020)
- “Assessment and Spatial Distribution of Groundwater Quantity and Quality using Geo-Informatics, Geo-physical Methods and Analytical Hierarchical Process” – G Shanmukha Srinivas (2021)
M.Tech Guidance: (25)
- Drought monitoring through Remote Sensing – M.Raghurami Reddy 
- Investigations on steady non- Darcy flow through coarse granular media – E. Sarath Kumar 
- Non- Darcy converging flow through coarse granular media – M.Thiruvengadam 
- Modernization of tanks under Sathrawada groyne and Bugga anicut across Kushastali river – P.V.Subbarao 
- An experimental study on steady non-linear parallel flow through coarse granular media K.Jayachandra 
- Non- Darcy parallel flow through porous media – P.V. Sharma 
- Radial seepage flow – A systematic approach – P.V. Narayana 
- Regimewise analysis of seepage flow – B. Sreekamal 
- Radial flow through homogeneous porous media – N.B. Reddy 
- An appraisal and comprehensive study of surface water resources projects in Chittoor Dist. – N.C. Reddy 
- Computerized model of microlevel planning of irrigation scheduling – D. Subramanyam 
- Resistance coefficient – Reynolds number relationship [p for flow through porous media – Rajagopal Reddy [ 2000]
- Experimental study on dispersion of conservative pollutant through porous media- K. RamaRao 
- A further study on Forchheimer Coefficients as applied to seepage flow – T. Murali 
- Roof top harvesting of rainwater – A case study – G. Yohan 
- Colour removal by natural aging process – N.B. Krishna [ 2004]
- Ground water quality assessment for efficient irrigation management – A case study – Harikrishna – 2006
- Quantification effect of convergence in seepage flow – Jyothokrishna – 2006
- Roof top harvesting of rainwater – A case study – H. Ravi – 2006
- Application of ANN for the study of certain water quality parameters’ Estimation- Manjula – 2006.
- Groundwater level forecasting using Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) – R. Harish Kumar -2007
- Performance evaluation of water users’ associations (wuas)”- a case study K.Nagasahadeva Reddy-2010
- Development of Groundwater Flow Model using Visual MODFLOW and ZONEBUDGET – A case study- P. Anil Kumar – 2014
- Modelling of Daily stream flows using Linear Regression and Artificial Neural Network Models – P Jyothi – 2015
- Resistance – Regime Relationship in Porous Media Flow withan Emphasis On Characteristic Length – C Anjali – 2015
B.Tech. Guidance: (130)
Guided 130 Final Year B.Tech. students for their project work [which includes planning and design of hydraulic structures and watershed structures.