Prof. B. Deva Prasad Raju (8th April 1973), Professor of Physics, Sri Venkateshwara University is taking active role in academic and research activities in the field of Photonics. Joined as Associate Professor on (2007) and promoted as Professor of Physics on (2013). His thrust area of research relates optimization and development of RE-doped glasses, glass-ceramics and nano-crystalline materials for photonic device applications. Prof. Raju has already successfully completed three major research projects funded by DST, New Delhi (3) and DAE-BRNS Mumbai (1), simultaneously supervising 4 Ph.D. students. Already supervised 12 Ph. D. and two M. Phil students for their award besides guided 50 M.Sc. Project work. He organized 02 International, 01 National conference/Seminar and 02 DST-INSPIRE Internship Science Camps. He attended and presented papers in 6 International and 40 National Conferences.
Some of the Notable Credentials are:
- DST-Young Scientist award, New Delhi (2012).
- National Environmental Science Academy (NESA), New Delhi – Recognized as the Scientist of the year in 2012.
Prof. Rambabu Bobba, Professor of Physics, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana-70813, USA.
Prof. Esra Kavaz, Professor, Department of Physics, Ataturk University, Turkey.
Prof. Dr. Virgílio de Carvalho dos Anjos, Grupo de Engenharia e Espectroscopia de Materiais (GE2M), Departamento de Física – ICE, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Campus Universitário, SN – Juiz de Fora – MG Zip: 36036-330-Brazil.
Prof. Jakrapong Kaewkhao, Physics Program, Faculty of Science and Technology, Nakhon Pathom Rajabhat University, Nakhon Pathom 73000, Thailand.
Prof. Hendry Izaac Elim, Professor, Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMIPA), Pattimura University, Jl. Ir. M. Putuhena, Poka, Ambon 97233, Indonesia.
- Potential Reviewer for many International Journals
- In-charge of Photonics Laboratory – Well equipped and established Material Preparation and optical characterization facility with clean room facility.
- Most of his Ph.D. students got Inspire faculty positions, PDF, etc. and working in Internationally reputed scientific groups.
Apart from active Research and Academic activities, served successfully in various positions throughout his service as assigned by the University authorities from time to time.
- Served as Deputy Warden, SVU College of Sciences Hostels for Men, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati from 2008 to 2014.
- Worked as Head of the Department, University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC), Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati from 2013 to 2017.
- Joint Director for Directorate of Admissions, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati from 2016 to 2019.
- Nodal officer (for submission of monthly reports, E-programmes, E-convocations, etc., to Hon’ble Governor) Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati from 2020 to till date.
- Member, Board of Studies in Physic (PG), From 2021to till date
More than 100 research papers have been published either corresponding or principle authors in Internationally reputed journals, with an average Impact Factor of about 3. His Scientific papers already has 2652 citations with h-index 30 and the i10 index is 59 (as on Dec.2021). Some of the representative and highly cited publications are:
- A review on optical and photoluminescence studies of RE3+ (RE = Sm, Dy, Eu, Tb and Nd) ions doped LCZSFB glasses Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 51 (2015) 566–584 IF: 14.982, CI: 79
- Oxygen vacancy-induced structural, optical, and enhanced supercapacitive performance of zinc oxide anchored graphitic carbon nanofiber hybrid electrodes. ACS Applied materials and interfaces 2016, 8, 5025-5039 IF: 9.229, CI: 121
- Mechanistic investigation of defect-engineered, non-stoichiometric, and Morphology-regulated hierarchical rhombus-/spindle-/peanut-like ZnCo2O4microstructures and their applications toward high-performance supercapacitors, Applied Surface Science, Volume 529, 1 November 2020, 147123 IF: 6.707, CI: 13
- In situ engineered 0D interconnected network-like CNS decorated on Co-rich ZnCo2O4 2D nanosheets for high-performance supercapacitors Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers Volume 113, August 2020, Pages 155-164. IF: 5.876. CI: 7
- Photoluminescence, radiative shielding properties of Sm3+ ions doped fluoroborosilicate glasses for visible (reddish-orange) display and radiation shielding applications. Materials Research Bulletin 142 (2021) 111383 IF: 4.641., CI: 8
Highly Cited Papers
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Ocimum leaf extract and their characterization, Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures 6 (1), 181-186 2011 CI: 331
- Oxygen Vacancy-Induced Structural, Optical, and Enhanced Supercapacitive Performance of Zinc Oxide Anchored Graphitic Carbon Nanofiber Hybrid Electrodes, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 8, 5025−5039: 2016 CI: 121
- Structural and optical studies of Sm3+ ions doped niobium borotellurite glasses, Journal of Molecular Structure, 1029 (2012) 53-59 CI: 121
- Structural and optical investigations of Eu3+ ions in lead containing alkali fluoroborate glasses, Optical Materials 34 (8), (2012) 1251-1260 CI: 84
- A review on optical and photoluminescence studies of RE3+ (RE = Sm, Dy, Eu, Tb and Nd) ions doped LCZSFB glasses, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 51, (2015) 566-584 CI: 79