Has 12 years of Experience, Completed 01 UGC Minor Research Project from 2013-2015. Authored 02 books, Published 3 chapters in books, 23 Research Papers in in National and International Journals. Organised 4 Seminars and Workshops. Attended 52 Seminars/ Conferences and Workshops and presented papers. At present serving as Coordinator for Day Care Center. Received International Excellence Young Scientist Award during April 2021.Have life memberships in various professional bodies.Organised UGC-HRDC, Two weeks Online Refresher course for lecturers on “Gender Studies”
List of Papers Published National
- SwaroopaRani,B andRatnaKumari,S(2008) Reasons and Problems of Women Headed Households in Rural Areas. Indian Psychological review (ISSN0019-6215) Vol 70(3), 115-118.
- Ratnakumari.S, SharadaDevi.M andSwaroopaRani.B (2009) Impact of Mid Day Meal Programme in Tribal Areas of East Godavari District A.P. Journal Of Community Guidance and Research (ISSN-0970-1346), Vol.26(1),49-54.
- SwaroopaRani.B, Anuradha.K and J.B Nayak (2013), Mental health status of Institutionalized and non institutionalized elderly-A comparative study. Journal of Indian Psychological Review, (ISSN0019-6215) Vol.80, June, 71-74.
- SwaroopaRani.B, Neeraja. P (2013) Status of migrant tribal women-Changing roles. Indian Journal of Women and Development (ISSN 2231-3974) Special Vol, 102-107.
- SwaroopaRani.B, Anuradha.K and J.B Nayak (2013)School Dropouts among Tribal Children in Adilabad District of A.P,Journal Of Community Guidance and Research (ISSN-0970-1346), Vol.30(3), November, 318-326.
- B,VaniPrashanthi.G(2014), Problems faced by Tribal Girls regarding Education in Adilabad District of A.P, Indian Journal of Women and Development(ISSN 2231-3974) Special Vol, 187-192.
- D.L, Anuradha.R.K, Anuradha.K,Manjula.K, Sucaritha.K.V and Swaroopa Rani .B,Inclusive Strategies Towards Promotion of Nutrition and Health of Girl Children, Indian Journal of Women and Development(ISSN 2231-3974) Special Vol, 21-25.
- List of Papers Published International
- B, Neeraja. P(2014).Job Satisfaction of Primary School Teachers, International Journal in Management and Social Sciences(ISSN: 2321-1784), Vol 2(1), January, 76-84 .
- Swaroopa Rani. B (2014), Stress Coping Strategies of the mothers of Mentally Challenged Children,Journal of Radix International Educational and Research Consortium (ISSN: 2250-3994), Vol 3(2), February, 65-70.
- Swaroopa Rani .B(2014) Impact of Parenting Styles on Career Choices of Adolescents,International Journal of Education & Social Policy (ISSN: 2375-0790), Vol. 1 No. 1; June,19-22 .
- Swaroopa Rani .B( 2014)Play Preferences of Preschool Children at Home and School, ,International Journal of Science and Research (ISSN : 2319-7064),Volume 3 Issue 11, November, 494-496. Impact Factor :3.358
- Hemavathi, Swaroopa Rani .B( 2014)Problems Faced by Elderly a comparative study of Institutionalised and Non Institutionalised), International Journal of Science and Research (ISSN : 2319-7064),Volume 3 Issue 12, December, 494-496. Impact Factor :3.358
- Band Anuradha.K (2015) Assessment Of Behaviour Problems Among Preschool Children In Relation To Child And Family Variables,International Journal Of Scientific Research (ISSN NO-2277-8179), Vol,4,Issue.5, May, 56-58 . impact factor of 3.2416
- B and Anuradha.K(2015). Perceived Parental Attitude of CollegeGoing Students in Relation to Gender, ,International Journal Of Scientific Research (ISSN NO-2277-8179), Vol,4,Issue.7, July, 626-627 impact factor of 3.2416
- Swaroopa Rani, B( 2015) Association between disciplinary styles used by parents and behavior problem Children. International Journal of Current Research,Vol. 7, Issue, 09, pp.20477-20479, September. ISSN: 0975-833X, Impact factor of 5.349
- U and SwaroopaRani.B( 2016), Problems Faced by elderly According to Gender in rural Areas of Chittoor District, International Journal of Social Sciences and Management,Vol.3,(1), January.65-67.ISSN:2091-2986, Impact factor-3.389
- SwaroopaRani,B. and Sowjanya, M( 2016), Need for Life Skills and Social Maturity among Adolescence –To Get Better Career, International JournalofDevelopment Research, Vol. 6, (02) February, 6947-6949, ISSN:2230-9926, Impact factor: 4.25
- B and Anuradha.K(2016). Parenting Styles Adopted By Mothers Of Pre-School Children According To Mother Variables. International Journal of Development Research, Vol. 06, Issue, (8) August ,9047-9050, ISSN: 2230-9926, Impact Factor: 4.25. Available online at http://www.journalijdr.com
- B and Anuradha.K(2017). Parenting Styles Adopted By Mothers Of Pre-
- School Children According To Child Variables. International Journal of Home Science 2017;3(1) February, 173-176, SSN: 2395-7476,Impact Factor (RJIF) : 5.3.Available online athttp://www.homesciencejournal.com
- B and Anuradha.K (2018). Parenting styles adopted by mothers and behavior problems among pre-school children. International Journal of Applied Home Science. Vol.5 (1), January, 185-189. ISSN: 2394-1413. UGC approved, Impact factor:4.829( SJIF).
- B and Anuradha.K (2018). Disciplinary Strategies adopted by parents according to child variables. Advanced Research Journal of Social Science. Vol.9 (1) June, 69-72, e ISSN:2231-6418. NAAS rating: 3.56.
- Swaroopa Rani.B and K (2019). Disciplinary Strategies adopted by mothers and behavior problems among pre-school children. International Journal of Family and Home Science, Vol.15 (3), (Sept-dec, 2019), 309-316. ISSN: 0973-2608. NAAS Rating : 2.92, Impact Factor : 2.0854
- Lakshmi Devi and Dr. B. Swaroopa Rani (2020). Impact of Parenting Styles adopted by mother’s on Academic achievement of elementary school children. Pharma innovation International Journal, Vol.9 (12), Dec, (2020), 221-223. ISSN: 2277-7695. NAAS rating.5.03, Impact factor: RJIF 5.98.
- Swaroopa Rani Badavath (2014) “Problems Faced by Tribal Children in Education”, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Co Saarbrucken, Germany, ISBN No.978-3-659-52727-2.
- Badavath Swaroopa Rani and Karanam Anuradha (2020) “Disciplinary Practices (Effect on Behavir of Pre-school children), Scholars’press, SAI Omni Scriptum Publishing. ISBN no: 978-620-2-31767-2.
Chapter in Book
- B and Anuradha.K, (2013),Mental health status of Institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly-A comparative study. In“Mental Health and Spirituality- Improving Quality of life”, Dr.UmaRani(Eds),Green leaf publications.Varanasi, 2013: 38-41, ISBN – 978-93-82105-114
- B and Anuradha.K,(2020), Mothers attitude towards their childhood upbringing and their own parenting styles. In “ Health , Life style andContemporary Indian Family: An interface”. Dr. Anuraha and Lalitha kumari(Eds), KY publishers, Guntur,A.P, 2020(march): ISBN-978-93-8-7769-95-3.
Thurst areas : Parenting Styles, Behavior problems among Children, Life-skills, Overall development of children, elderly.
Completed 01 UGC- MRP during 2013-15
Seminars/ Conferences/ Workshops Attended
|Date||Name of the programme||Organized by||Title of the paper||Type of participation
|1||March 15th,2010||World Consumers Rights Day||Dept.of Home Science, S.V.U and Directorate of Marketing & Inspection, Hyderabad||—||-Participated|
|2.||18th March,2010||National Workshop on
“Women and research-Priorities in the context of globalisation”
|Center for women studies, S.V.University,Tirupati-||–||Participated|
|3||25-26thMarch, 2010||National Seminar on “Mitigating Malnutrition for women and children-appraisal of appropriate Technologies”||Dept. of Home Science, S.V.University,Tirupati.||–||Member of Organizing committee and participated|
|4||30-31st, March,2010||National seminar on||Center for women studies, S.V.University,Tirupati-||Participated|
|5||17th Nov,2010||Attended Childrens Day Celebrations||ICDS-RASS, Tirupati||Given lecture on “ Mentally Retardation”||Acted as resource person|
|6||26th March,2011||National Seminar on “Women and Education,training,sciences,and Technology-A pathway to Development’||Center for women studies, S.V.University,Tirupati-||–||Participated|
|7||28th March,2011||National Seminar on “Dimensions of Development in Chittoor District-In Conjuction with the centarycelebrations of Chittoor District”||Dept.of Econometrics, S.V.University, Tirupati||–||Participated|
|8||27-28th, Sept,2011||UGC National Seminar on “Gender,SocietyDevelopment:Strategies for a better furure”||Dept.ofSocialogy, S.V.University.Tirupati||“Gender-Role typing among elementary school children-determining factors”||Presented paper|
|9||28th, Sept,2011||Workshop on “Pollution Control in Fruit and Vegetable Industries”||Dept. of Home Science, S.V.University,Tirupati.||–||Member of Organizing committee and participated|
|10||21-22nd, Oct,2011||National Seminar on”Mental health and Spirituality improving quality of life”||Dept.of Psychology, Sri padmavathi Degree and P.G college,andDept.ofPsychologyS.V.University,Tirupati||“Mental Health Status of elderly:Institutionalised and non institutionalised- a comparative study||Presented paper|
|11||22nd, Dec,2011||Workshop on” Identification,FormulationofR&DProjects:Demonstration projects for the benefits of SC/ST communities||SC/ST cell, Sri VenkateswaraVetarnary University, Tirupati.||–||Participated|
|12||21-22nd, Dec,2011||National Seminar on “ Trends in Teachers education’||Dept.of Adult and Continuing educatin, S.V.University, Tirupati||“Job Satisfaction of primary school teachers”||Presented paper|
|13||6-7th, March,2012||National Seminar on “Developmental Concerns of Adolscencts||Dept. of Home Science,S.V.UniversityTirupati||‘Hierarchy of adolescent developmental needs for successful integration- a missing element,lifeskills|| Organized and
|14||17th march,2012||Workshop on “Quality Assurance in ECE- Challenges and strategies”||Dept.ofHomeScience, S.V.University,Tirupati||–||Organised|
|15||25th July,2012||Awareness programme for women and children||Collabarative programme by Dept.of Home Science and RASS Bachpan||Given Talk on “Stimulation- importance”||Acted as Resoure person|
|16||21-22nd,Aug,2012||Workshop on “Training to master trainees on reading Buddies programme”||RASS BACHPAN and Dept.ofHomeScience,S.V.U,Tirupati||“Sroty Telling Techniques”||Acted As Resource Person|
|National workshop on Food Safty and Standards- Current regulations||Organised by Titipati Chapter , Dept. of Home Science, S.V.University ,Tirupathi||–||Participated|
|18||16-17th, Nov,2012||44th National Conference of NSI on Current Trends in Food Security to meet National Nutritional Challenges||Organised by Titipati Chapter , Dept. of Home Science, S.V.University ,Tirupathi||Participated|
|19||15th March, 2013||World Consumer rights Day-justice now.||Indian Institute of Public Administration, Tirupati local branch, and Dept. of Home Science, S.V.U, Tirupati||–||Participated|
|20||21-22nd, March,2013||National Seminar on “NGO and Rural Development”||Dept.ofSocialogy, S.V.University, Tirupati||“Influence of media on Childrens gender role socialization”||Presented paper|
|21||30-31st, March,2013||National seminar on “ Value education for personality and career development”||Dept of Adult and Continuing Education||“ Role teachers and parenta in amparting values”||Presented paper|
|22||1-2nd,Aprl,2013||National seminar on “Changing roles of women in the era of globalization”||Center for extension and women studies, S.V.U,Tirupati||“Status of Migrant tribal women-changing roles||Presented paper|
|23||29-30th,june,2013||International conference on” Consrtucting mental health in the changing global scenario||Acadamy of psychologist, Directarate of Distance Education, S.V.University, Tirupati||“Stress coping strategies of the mothers of the mentally retarded children
|Second National Conference of Banjara Professors||Organised by National Banjara Professors Association, Hyderabad, A.P.||–||Participated|
|25||30th, Sept,2013||Prelude Conference on
“Food Security in India: Issues, Challenges and Effectiveness”
|Indian Institute of Public Administration, Tirupati local branch, and Dept. of Home Science, S.V.U, Tirupati||–||Participated|
|26.||24th October, 2013|| Prelude Workshop on
“Mal nutrition and Early Childhood Development”
|Organized by RASS BalajiBalaVikas as part of celebrations of 75th anniversary of Child Fund International and Dept. Of Home Science, S.V.U.||Health and Hygiene of Adolescent girls
|Acted as Resource Person|
|27||6-7thDec, 2013||U GC SAP- National Seminar on “ Capacity building of adolescents- perspectives and Prospects”||Organized by Dept. Of Home Science, S.V.U, Tirupati.||Effects of Parenting Styles on Adolescence- Concerning Interpersonal Communication Skills
|Organized and presented Paper|
|28||6-7th,March,2014||U GC SAP- National Seminar on”Social change and Inclusive Development:
Capacity buildingThrough NGO’s
|Organised by Dept.ofSocialogy S.V.U, Tirupati||Role of NGO’S in Empowerment of tribal Women||Presented paper|
|29||7-8th March,2014||U GC SAP- National Seminar on” Career guidance and employability skills for the youth”||Organised by Dept.of Adult and Continuing Edeucation,S.V.U,Thirupati.||Influence of Parenting Style on Career choices of adolescents||Presented paper|
|30||8thMarch,2014||U GC – National Seminar on “Girl child in all facets of Life”||Organised by Center for extension studies and women studies, S.V.U,Tirupati||Problems Faced by Tribal Girls regarding Education in Adilabad District of A.P.||Presented paper|
|31||4-5th Dec,2014||National Conferenmce on Conservation of Eastern Ghats||Organised by Dept.of Botany
S.V.U,Tirupati and Greens’Alliance for Conservation of Eastern Ghats(GRACE)
|Impact of Globalization on Tribal communities in Eastern Ghats
|Chaired Session/ Paper Presented
|32||20-21st, Feb,2015||UGC International Seminar on Advances in Home Science||Organised by Dept of Home Science, SPMVV,Tirupati,||Perceived Parental Attitude of College going students in relation to family variables||Presented Paper|
|33||12-13th March,2015||UGC National Seminar on “ Bio Cultural Diversity- Emerging New Challenges||Organised By Dept of Anthropology, SVU, tirupati.||Role of Maternal and Paternal Grand Parents In Child Rearing||Presented Paper|
|34||13-15 th Nov, 2015||6th International Seminaron “ Rigional Network on Poverty Eradication”||Organized by Dept of Economics, S V U, Tirupathi and Collabaration with University Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia||Role of Life skills and Social Maturity among Adolescence to get Employment
|35||10-11th March, 2016||UGC_DRS National Seminar on Healthy Aging A life Span Perspective||Organized by Department of Psychology, Center for Research on Aging.||Problems Faced By Institutionalized Elderly||Presented Paper|
|36||4-5th Nov,2016||National Seminar on
“ Role of education in Human development- A perspective foundation for Holistic responsibility”
|Organised by Dept.of. Zoology,D.K.W Govt College for wonem, Nellore||Participated|
|37||3rd-7th, January, 2017||104 Indian Science Congress “ Science and Technology for National Development||S.V.University, Tirupati||Assessment of Lifeskills among Adolescentts- usage of technology to train on life skills||Paper presented|
|38||23-24th, feb,2017||UGC- SAP-I, National Seminar on “Genomic and Cultural Variation of Indian Populations: An appraisal of Health and Disease||Dept.of.Anthropology, S.V.University,
|Perceptions of Tribal Adolescent Girls towards various problems in health||Paper presented|
|39||25th-26th, Sept, 2017||International Seminar on “ Contemporary trends in Health Psychology, Role of psychologist”||Dept.of Psychology, S.V.University, Tirupati||Parenting styles adopted by mothers and behavior problems among preschool children||Paper presented|
|40||24th-25th, January,2019||International Conference on “ Quality teacher Education vis-a-vis School Education”||Department of Education,
Osmania University, Hyderabad
|Assessment of job satisfaction of preschool teachers in relation with personal variables||Paper presented|
|41||6th,sept, 2019||One day workshop on “ Nai Talim Experimental learning and practicing||Dept.of Law SPMVV, Tirupati, Mahathmagandi National Council of Rural Education and MHRD, Govt.India||Attended|
|42||24th-26th,dec,2019||International Conference on “ Advances in Biosciences and Technology Impact on plant,animal and humanbeing||Dept.of Zoology,S.V.University, Tirupati||Efficacy of selected Medical plant extract for Biological control of Mosquetoes||Participated|
|43||9th-10th, January,2020||UGC National seminar on Health, lifestyles and contemporary- indian family an interface||Dept.of Social work, SPMVV, Tirupati||Mothers attitude towards their childhood upbringing and their own parenting styles||Paper Presented|
|44||15-16th, june,2020||Two days International Webinar on Nutrition and Immune System supporting during COVID-19 pandemic”||Dept.of Home Science, SPMVV||Participated|
|45||3rd-4th, july,2020||Two days International Webinar on” Different minds-flip from suffer to sustain”||Dept.of Human Development, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Heigher Education for women, Coambatore, Tamilnadu.||Participated|
|46||29th October, 2020||International webinar on Science and Technology for sustainable development- women empowerment”||Indian science Congress Association, Tirupati and Dept.of Biotechnology, SPMVV, Tirupati||Participated|
|47||30th, oct,2020||Two days National webinar on “NEP-2020: Challenges Ahead of its Implementation”||Dept.of Education SPMVV, Tirupati||Participated|
|48||19th-20th,nov,2020||Two days National seminar on Challenges of Neonatal care and Infant protection”||Dept.of Human development, University of Mysore, Mysore||Participated|
|National webinar on “ Publishing in scopes and web of Science Indexed Journals- Tools and Techniques”||Dept.of Library science and Information Science, S.V.University, Tirupati||Participated|
|50||15-16th, feb,2021||INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
“Interdisciplinary Scope of Human Development”
|organized by the
Department of Human Development, Mount Carmel College, Autonomous, Bengaluru
|Impact of Parenting styles on Behaviour of Pre-school children according to
|51||3rd,may,2021||National Webinar on “Managing Health and Stress during COVID -19”||Organized by College of Community and Applied Sciences,
Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
|S.No||Date and Place||Name of the Award||Presented by|
|1||25th,April,2021||“International Excellent Young Scientist Award”||Saksham Society, Jaipur, Rajasthan|
Co-coordinator for Day Care Center attached to the Department of Home Science, From 2019.
Honors and Awards:
Received “International Excellent Young Scientist Award” by Saksham Society, Jaipur, Rajasthan. on 25th, April,2021.
Organised Two weeks online Refresher Training programme for degree college and University lectures on “Gender Studies” as coordinator at UGC-HRDC, S.V.University during August 2021.