Obtained M. Sc., and Ph. D., from Andhra University, Specialized in Plant Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology. Recipient of CSIR – NET (JRF), Post Doctoral Fellow (DBT) CPMB, Bose Institute, Kolkata, CSIR – RA, Dept. of Botany, AU. Worked as Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology, GITAM University Visakhapatnam. Completed two Research projects each funded by UGC and APCOST. As a co-investigator of Indo-Italy bilateral research Programme collaborated with Department of Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences, University of Florence, Italy.
1.Yadav, E.J., Prabhakar, Y.K., Sreenath, K., Vijayakumar,P., Vijayakumar, N., Subhashini, K., and J. S. R. Murthy Molecular investigation and phylogenetic analysis f Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus in naturally ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma infected small ruminants in Andhra Pradesh, India. Comp Clin Pathol (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00580-021-03271-8
- T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, Madamsetti Narayana Rao and Y. Bhargava and J. S. R. Murthy (2017) Couroupita guianensis callus extract mediated synthesis and antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, Vol 10 issue 5 May 2017.
- Saivenkatesh Korlam and JSR Murthy Preliminary Phytochemical Profiles of Different Solvent Extracts of leaves of Cassia hirsuta L., A Medicinal Plant from Chittoor Dist., A.P. International J. of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016; Vol: 3, Issue: 6,18-23.
- K. Pratap Reddy, Madamsetti Narayana Rao, J. S. R. Murthy and P. Sreenivasula Reddy Lead aggravates the diabetic-induced reproductive toxicity in male Wistar rats Toxicol. Res., 2016, 5, 1465–1476
- T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, J. S. R. Murthy, Madamsetti Narayana Rao and Y. Bhargava (2016) Evaluation of silver nanoparticles synthetic potential of Couroupita guianensis Aubl., flower buds extract and their synergistic antibacterial activity: 3 Biotech 6:92
- Madamsetti Narayana Rao, T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy,2016 Antidiabetic and Aantihyperlipidemic activity of methanolic fruit extract of Couroupitaguianensis Aubl. Indian J. of Comparative Animal Physiology, vol. 34, 2016 .(In press)
- Y. Bhargava, J. S. R. Murthy, T. V. Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayana Rao. 2016, Phenotypic, Stress Tolerance and Plant Growth Promoting Characteristics of Rhizobial Isolates from Selected Wild Legumes of Semiarid Region, Tirupati, India: Advances in Microbiology, 6, 1-12
Molecular basis of Genetic diversity, evolution and adaptation.
- T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayana Rao, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy, 2017, Characterization of cultivable fungal Endophytes from Couroupita guanensis, a rare threatened tropical tree. 104th Indian Science Congress, Plant Sciences (section) January 3-7, 2017, S.V.University, Tirupati
- Madamsetti Narayana Rao, Y. Bhargava , T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar and J.S.R.Murthy, 2016
Synergistic effect of lead acetate and hyperglycemia on nephrotoxicity in experimental rats.
Int. Con. on Environmental Conservation and Human Health – Challenges and Strategies, December 21- 23, 2016 Dpet. Of Zoology, S. V. University, Tirupati.
- T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, Madamsetti Narayana Rao, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy, 2016
Effect of Couroupita guianensis aubl. leaf tissue age on synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their antibacterial activity. Int. Con. on Environmental Conservation and Human Health – Challenges and Strategies, December 21- 23, 2016 Dpet. Of Zoology, S. V. University, Tirupati
- M. Narayana Rao, T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy, 2015. Evaluation of antioxidant properties of Couroupita guianensis Aubl., methanolic fruit extract in lead treated diabetic rats, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences. February 26&27, 2015,.Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
5.T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayana Rao, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy, 2015. Synthesis and evaluation of antibacterial potential of silver nanoparticles using leaf callus broth of Couroupita guianensis Aubl. National Seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences. February 26&27, 2015,.Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
6.T. Venkata Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayana Rao, Y. Bhargava and J.S.R.Murthy, 2015, Assessment of genetic variation among plants of Couroupita guanensis Abul using DNA profiles generated by RAPD method, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences. February 26&27, 2015,.Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
- Y. Bhargava, T.V. Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayana Rao and J.S.R.Murthy 2014, Symbiotic nitrogen fixation for the productive improvement of arid soil environment. National Conference Environmental Protection and Management. February 14&15, 2014. Department of Zoology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, India
8.Y.Bhargava, M. Narayanarao, T.V. Rajesh Kumar, and J.S.R.Murthy, 2013.Isolation and characterization of Rhzobia from wild Legumes of different Agro-climatic regions.. National Seminar on Genomes Environment & Human Welfare – Retrospect and Prospect, March 22&23, 2013.Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
9..Y.Bhargava, T.V. Rajesh Kumar, M. Narayanarao and J.S.R.Murthy, 2011.Green synthesis of silver nano particles from the tree leaves extract and its potential application as antimicrobial agent. National Seminar on Recent Research Trends in Chemical Sciences, December 23,2011.Department of Chemistry, S.V.University, Tirupati, India
- J.S.R.Murthy and Mallikharjuna,B. “Genotoxic analysis of Chrome Plating plant effluent” International Symposium on Environmental Pollution Ecology and Human Health.25-27 July 2009.Department of Zoology,S,V,University,Tirupati, India.
1 International: Symbiotic Effectiveness and Phylogeny of Rhizobia isolated from wild Legumes of Semi-arid region, Tirupati,India ,Lecture workshop- October 10- 11, 2016, Faculty of Agro Based Industry, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan Campus Jeli, Malaysia
2. National: National Workshop on “ A Holistic Approach to Identify Bioactive Molecules from Natural Origin, November 21- December 3, 2011, Sponsored by ICAR, Dept. of Pharmacy, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Position held : DEPUTY WARDEN, SVUCS HOSTELS (MEN)
Ph.D’s Guided : 01
M.phil. Project : 01
P.G. Projects guided : 03
Research Projects : ON GOING : — COMPLETED : Major(1), Minor (3)
Visits Abroad : Dept. of Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, Univ. of Florence, ITALY 2010-2011.
Articles, Books, Membership in Professional Bodies :
1. Society for Biology & Biotechnology, Salem (TN)
2. Indian National Science Congress Association, Kolkata.