Dr. Sucharitha K .V. Associate Professor in the specialization Food Science & Nutrition and Dietetics in Department of Home Science in Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati with 24 years of teaching and research experience. She post graduated in Food Science Nutrition in 1993 from the same University, Ph.D., in 2005 in Sri Padmavathi Womens University, Tirupati and UGC-NET in 2005. She was Raman Post Doctoral Fellow 2016-17 in Penn State University, USA and recipient of Best Scientist Awardee-2017 Andhra Pradesh in the field of Agricultural and Food Sciences. She presented papers in XI Asian Congress of Nutrition 2011 in Singapore and in New York Academy of Sciences 2014, in New York, USA. She presented 65 papers in seminars and conferences and 21 workshops in India and abroad. She published 34 papers in National and International Journals. She published two books and six chapters. She holds 6 patents for her research work one published and 5 in process. As Principal Investigator she completed two research projects – “Value added products – Development and Promotion of Technology on selected Horticultural Crops”, funded by UGC, (Rs.11lakhs), “ICDS Combating malnutrition growth monitoring exercise, funded by Ministry of women and child welfare (Rs.1.92lakhs) and as Co- Principal Investigator one project on “Identification and Standardization of Ethnic cuisine and Spice blends of Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh”, funded by Indian Spice Board (Rs.3lakhs). Thrust areas of research interest is Bioactive compounds in human health, adolescent nutrition, food adulteration and Edible coatings in shelf life of foods. She is Life member in Nutrition Society of India and Indian Dietetic Association. She is the Convener of Council for Promotion, Research & Trade in Traditional Foods (CPRTTF), Tirupati Chapter and Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) NetPro.FN Andhra Chapter.
- Effect of casein coating on the postharvest quality of fresh guava fruits during ambient storage conditions, Annem Muniraj Beulah, K.V. Sucharitha, S.Dheeraj,P.Prameela, Carpathian Journal of Food Science and Technology, Volume 13(2),pp-5-20 Elsevier Journal, March, 2021.
- An overview of balanced diet on Covid-19, KimeeraAmbati, K. V. Sucharitha, Journal of Information and Computational Science, UGC care group II, ISSN: 1548-7741, Volume 13, Issue 10, pp 7-13, 2020.
- Effect of Calcium of Lactose free millet milk on growth and development of Albino Weanling rats, KimeeraAmdati, K. V. Sucharitha, Prof.K.Thyagaraju, Internatioanl Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Volume 29, No 3, pp 15144-15149, Springer Publications 2020.
- Reproductive tract infections among Migrant women and Menstural hygiene practices ,Lathaand K.V. Sucharitha, K.Srinivasulu, Tathapi(UGC Care Journal),ISSN:2320-0693, Volume 19,Issue -22, pp:260-269,June 2020.
- “Millets-Review on Nutritional profiles and health benefits ” KimeeraAmbati ,V.Sucharitha,International Journal of Scientific research, Volume 10,Issue 07(I) pp.33943-33948, July 2019.
- “Development of Chicken Sausages: Value addition to spent hen meat” T.P.Pradeepa Roberts, D.L.Kusuma, V.Sucharitha, and R.Bharathi, International journal of Livestock Reseach, Volume 9(12)pp151-157,December 2019.
- Assay of valuable components in by-products of mango industry in Chittoordistrict,AndhraPradesh,” D.AnilKumar, K V Sucharitha,International Journal of Food science and Nutrition 3(1)56-59,January 2018.
- Effect of chitosan coating on storage stability of tomatoes (Lycopersiconesculentum Mill)” Sucharitha K.V, Beulah A M,RaviKiran K, International Food Research Journal 25 (1): 93-99, February 2018.
- Healthy aging in relation to thought pattern” K.Latha and K V SucharithaInternational Journal Of Creative Research Thoughts Volume 6,Issue 2, April 2018.
- Status of Migrants health” K. Latha and K V Sucharitha, Indian journal of Applied Research Volume-8,Issue -6, pgs 65-67, June-2018.
- Multifunctional Silver Nanoparticles by Fruit extract of Terminaliabelarica and their Therapeutic Applications: A 3 in 1 System”, Sucharitha K V, VenkataSubbaiahKotakadi , SusmilaAparnaGaddam, D.V.R. SaiGopal Nano Biomed Engineering, Vol-10,Issue-3,Pg 279-294, September- 2018.
- EPR and Spectral Investigations on Edible Green Leafy Vegetables”SucharithaK Venkata ,VenkataSubbaiahKotakadia, SusmilaAparnaGaddam, and D.V.R. SaiGopal ,Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences8(2)79-87,March-2017.
- Development and evaluation of physico-chemical quality markers of opuntia and pineapple squash, S. Chenna Kesava Reddy, K.V. Sucharitha ,K. Jalarama Reddy, and B.Shymala International Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR), 2017 5(2).941-50
- Development and Standardization of Iron Rich Laddu” Uma Rani.M, Sucharitha. K.V, International Journal of Food Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, ISSN:2277-209X Volume 6(1), pp 7-10, April, 2016
- A review on Nutritional awareness of garden cress seeds in research world, Uma Rani.M, Sucharitha K.V, Proceedings of UGC National Seminar on “Zero hunger challenges-for Hunger free India-2017”, 5th -6th January,2017, Dept. Of. Home Science, Govt. College of Women (A),Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Biofabrication and spectral characterization of silver nanoparticles and their cytotoxic studies on human CD34 +ve stem cells, VenkataSubbaiahKotakadi, SusmilaAparnaGaddam, SucharithaKVenkata , P.V.G.K.Sarma D.V.R. SaiGopal 3 Biotech 6(2): 216,2016. doi10.1007/s13205-016-0532-5. PMC, Springer.
- Polyherbal drug of Cumin seeds: A future remedy for Diabetes mellitusVenkataSubbaiahKotakadia, BhanuPriya.K.b,Josthna.P, SusmilaAparnaGaddam, SucharithaKVenkataand D.V.R. SaiGopal , International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume6, Issue 2, February‐
- Ficus Fruit‐mediated Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles and their AntibacterialActivity Against Antibiotic Resistant E. coli Strains, VenkataSubbaiahKotakadi ,SusmilaAparnaGaddam, Sucharitha K. Venkata, T.N.V.K.V. Prasad and D.V.R. SaiGopal , Current Nanoscience, Volume 11(4) pp 527-38, January 2015. DOI: 10.2174/1573413711666150126225951
- Biogenic silver nanoparticles: efficient and effective anti fungal agents Vasudeva Reddy Netala ,Venkata Subbaiah Kotakadi , Latha Domdi , Susmila Aparna Gaddam, Pushpalatha Bobbu, Sucharitha K. Venkata , Sukhendu Bikash Ghosh, Vijaya Tartte, Appl Nanoscience, Cross mark –Springer Volume -6, pp -475-484, 2016. DOI10.1007/s13204‐015‐0463‐
- New generation of bactericidal silver nanoparticles againstdifferent antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli strains.,VenkataSubbaiahKotakadi , SusmilaAparnaGaddam , Sucharitha K. Venkata , D. V. R. SaiGopal , ApplNanosci DOI ,10.1007/s13204‐014‐0381‐7 2014.
- Medicated prickly pear (OpuntiaFicusIndica)-the new emergingagricultural crop in arid and semi-arid regions of India, ChennaKesava Reddy Sangati,Sucharitha K V ,VenkataRamana D K,Raveendra Reddy Mallela and Syamala.B,International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology,Vol 5, Issue 4,pgno.264-270,oct-dec-2014.
- TuttyFruityCarrot by the Thermal Processing and OsmoticdehydrationStandardization of Technology”,P, Ms.Suneetha, D.L Kusuma, K.V SucharithaIOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science (IOSR-JAVS) e-ISSN: 2319-2380, p-ISSN: 2319-2372. Volume 3, Issue 1 (May. – Jun. 2013), PP 22-30.
- Production of Wine by using apples and Bananas– Y. Bhagath, AM Beulah,K.V.Sucharitha in International Journal of Scientific Research – Vol.2, Issue:4, April 2013 pg:15-16.
- Vitamin C Content in Ultra-Violet-C Irradiated Tomatoes. Sucharitha K. V, Beulah A. M andHymavathi U in IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT)ISSN: 2319-2402, ISBN: 2319-2399. Volume X, Issue X (Sep-Oct. 2012), pp 44-45.
- Development and Standardization of Ber -Pineapple Jam, K.V.Sucharitha, AM Beulah and C Sahitya International Journal of Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences ISSN: 2277-209X (Online) An Online International Journal Available at http://www.cibtech.org/jfav.htm 2012 Vol.2(3) September – December, pp. 126-130 .
- Freeze Drying- A Novel Processing For Fruit Powders”,P, K.Suneetha, , K.V.SucharithaInternational Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences , ISSN 2319 – 1775, Volume 01, Issue 01, Oct-Dec 2012.pp. 16-29.
- Qualitative Changes in Whey Based Pomegranate Beverage duringStorage period”.Maheshwarulu, L.Anitha, Sucharitha.K.V.,M.Leelevathi, Asian Journal Research Chemistry 3(3) , July – Sep, 2010 PP 669-672.
- The New Emerging Nutraceutical Foods for Disease Management” ,Proceedings of National seminar “Life style disease management –Role of Food science & Nutrition, Dept .of Microbiology and Food science& Technology ,GITAM Institute of science ,GITAM University , Visakhapatnam, 3-4 th September ,2009.
- Navadanya – a traditional Nutritive mix– Sucharitha.K.V,18th Indian Convention of Food scientistsand technologist (ICFOST), Hyderabad. 2009.
- Importance of Nutritional Labelling”,K.V,Article in “Food and Nutrition World”, Journal Prasind Publications, 2005.
e-Content – Resource person –Food laws and standards Swayam Portal- 2020.
- Immuno-Oncology of Colorectal Cancer, Chapter in Immuno therapy for Gastrointestinal Malignancies, Diagnostics and Therapeutic Advances in GI Malignancies, Published by Springer Nature Singapore 2020,https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-6487-1_11
- “Assay of Valuable Components in By-Products of Mango Industry-ISBN :978-93-89339-05-5, Mahi publications, Ahemedabad. 2019.
- “Natural Food Colorants” Chapter in FOOD CHEMISTRY ,ISBN:978-93-88879-14-9,New Delhi Publishers, NEW DELHI. 2019.
- “Nutraceuticals-An alternative system for nutrition and human health in Nutrition, – Chapter in book “Health and Wellness” Walnut Publication, Bhubaneswar, 2019. ISBN: 9788194348641.
- “Nutrients, Nutraceuticals and functional foods for cancer prevention-An overview”bookchapter in“Cancer: Current and future prospects” published by Department of Zoology, ISBN-978-935174-071-1 (2017).
- “Strategy to improve micro nutrient malnutrition in adolescent girls”-published by New Delhi Publishers, B.R.PUBLISHING CORPORATION 425, Nimricolony,AshokVihar,Phase –IV,DELHI.
- “Zinc in Adolescent Growth” – Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, AG + Co. KG Saarbrucken, Dud weiler Land str.99, Germany.
Thrust areas of Research –
- Bioactive compounds in human health
- Edible coatings in shelf life of foods
- Adolescent nutrition
- Food adulteration.
- Prinicipal Investigator-Value added products-Development and Promotion of Technology on selected Horticultural Crops, UGC, MRP project Rs. 12,18,061 lakhs, 1.2.2011-31.1.2014.
- Co-Principal Investigator-Identification and Standardization of Ethnic cuisine and Spice blends of Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh”.Indian Spice Board, Rs.3lakhs.
- Prinicipal Investigator- “ICDS Combating malnutrition growth monitoring exercise, Funded by Ministry of women and child welfare, Rs.1.92lakh
- Organising Secretary- Webinar on Covid 19 positive mothers can breast fed-Challenges and solutions, in collaboration with NetproFan, NSI, RASS, on 7th August 2021.
- Co coordinator, Development of food Business plan contest- in collaboration with Department of Food technology Vivekananda college ,University of Delhi and The Microbiological society of India-North east chapter.
- Co cordinator, Organised National Recipe contest in collaboration with Department of Food technology Vivekananda college ,University of Delhi and The Microbiological society of India-North east chapter.
- Convenor-National Symposium on Role of Traditional foods in ensuring Nutritional security, in collaboration with Council for Promotion ,Research and trade in Traditional foods (CPRTTF),New Delhi 12th September 2018.
- One day Work shop on Consumers Rights in Food Business- March 2017.
- Co-Convenor-National seminar on “Capacity building of Adolescents –Perspectives and Prospects”, UGC SAP DRS –I, Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 6-7 December, 2013.
- Organizing secretary –Value added foods in selected Fruits, RASS,Dept of Home Science,SriVenkateswara University ,Tirupati, March 31st
- Organizing secretary -44th National conference of Nutrition society of India Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Nov- 16th -17th
- Co-Cordinator -Pollution Control in the Fruit and Vegetable Processing Industries, SriVenkateswaraUniversity,Tirupati, 28th September 2011.
- Co-Convenor – The New Women –Different Facets in the era of Globalisation, oraganised in collaboration with Women Teachers Asssocition, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, 31st March 2009.
(Attended and presented papers)
National : 36
International : 29
Workshops : 21
Conferences attended abroad :
Singapore- XI Asian Congress of Nutrition (Nutritional Well – Being for a progressive Asia
challenges&Oppurtunities) in Suntec Singapore presented paper on “A Study on zinc nutrition on growth of adolescents” July 2011.
United States of America : “Shaping the Developing Brain: Prenatal Through Early Childhood”, November11-13 at New York Academy of Sciences. New York.
FELLOWSHIPS : UGC- RAMAN POST DOCTORAL FELLOW-2016-17,
USA- PENN STATE UNIVERSITY.
AWARD- APCOST BEST SCIENTIST AWARD – 2017 in FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES.
List of Patents:
- A process for manufacturing of blended fruit squash with Prickly pear (Opuntia ficus Indica and Opuntiadillenii) fruit juice and lemon juice. There of patent application No: 4485/CHE/2014.
- A Process for preparing dehydrated fruit bar from prickly pear fruits (opuntiaficusindica) and product thereof. Patent no: 367043 Dt: 10.5.2021.
- A Process for Manufacturing of CGP (Conditioned Graded and Packed) Sand. Patent Reg.no: 744/CHE/2013 and filling date 21/02/2013.
- Production of Alcohol (NATURO-HOL) from Agave albomerginata. no: 4352/CHE/2015 and filing date 20/08/2015.
- Formulation and preparation of laddu with garden cress seeds (patent application no TEMP/E- 1/3391/2018-CHE)
Ph.D GUIDED : 3 Ph.D awarded, 1-MPhil- awarded
Post Doctoral guided : 1
Ph.D Ongoing : 2 full time, 2 part time
Papers published : 34
Administrative positions / Members in committees:
- Incharge HEAD, Department of Home Science,Sri Venkateswara University,Tirupati, 2021-till date.
- Coordinator MS Food Technology-Dept of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University 2016-2018, 2020-till date.
- FSSAI Nominated as a member in Regional Level Screening Committee (Eat Right Creativity Challenge 2) for South Region, NetProFan, AYUSH, Govt.of. India,New Delhi 2020.
- Nutrition Expert for the District and State Level committee- Anna Amurtha Hastham Scheme& ICDS, Ministry of women and Child Welfare, AP.
- Executive Member in DST PURSE Programme, (Promotion of University Research ScientificExcellence) SriVenkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Deputy Warden (2017-2021), Womens Hostel, SriVenkateswara University, Tirupati.
- BOS Member in Home science – University of Mysore, Mysore.
- BOS member in of Neutraceuticals Chemistry, Duvvuru Ramanamma Womens College (DRW), Gudur.
- BOS member in Dept. of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- BOS member in Hotel Management and Catering Technology, VikramaSimhapuri University, Nellore.
- Executive Member in Sri Venkateswara University Alumni Association, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member in S.V.Universty College Inspection Committee.
- Member in S.V. University Anti-ragging committee.
- Member in Purchase Committee S.V.Women’s Hostel, S.V. University, Tirupati.
- Member college Faculty and student Hand book,S.V.University.
- Former Secretary and Treasurer, Nutrition Society of India, Tirupati Chapter.
Former Secretary –Sri Venkateswara University Women Teacher Association -2009-2012.
Extension Work/Community Service:
- Organised Campaign on “Food waste” was conducted in Sri Venkateswara University Womens Hostel on October 16th
- Organising member –Organised “Swasth Bharat Yatra” –Eat right India in collaboration with Food safety Department, Chittoor District, Food safety standards Authority of India, Govt.of. India, on 24-25th October, 2018.
- Resource person to educate pregnant women and Lactating women on “Importance of Breast milk” in collaboration with ICDS and RASS on the eve of Breast Feeding Week 7th August 2018.
- Organised exhibition Micro nutrient Nutrition to the college students of Chittoor District in Context of JNANA BHERI- Honorable CM of Andhra Pradesh N.Chandra Babu Naidu Inaugurated the Exhibition, 4th August 2018.
- Organised awareness program on Junk food-its disadvantages to non teaching staff Sri Venkateswara University, on the eve of World food Day, 2017- October 16th
- Resource person in training of self group women in food preservation, organized by NIMSME- National Institute Of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises,
- MEPMA – Mission for Elimination of Poverty In Municipal Areas.2009-10
- Organizing member – Community Development Program funded by UGC-SV University.