Dr. Manjula Kola is an Associate Professor, teaches Food Science, Nutrition and FoodTechnology in Department of Home Science. She obtained her masters and Ph.D. in Food Science and Nutrition. She is the recipient of APCOST best scientist award in the field of Food technology in 2020 from the Government of Andra Pradesh. She has 24 years of teaching and research experience and published 55 research papers, three books, 11chapters. She developed e-content in Food Science and Technology for e-PG patashala, UGC. She completed threeresearch projects and hold four patents. She presented 38Research papers in national and international conferences. Under her guidance 5 Ph.Ds. and one M.Phil. were awarded. Thrust areas of her research are Food processing, Food product development, Functional and Designer foods. She is a Life Member in Association of Food Scientists & Technologists in India (AFSTI), Nutrition society of India (NSI), Indian Dietetic Association(IDA), Renal nutrition of India (RNA),Indian Meat Science Association, Association of Asia Pacific studies, Society for Hunger Elimination(SHE) and holds the position of Secretary, NSI Tirupati Chapter, Co-convener of Council for Promotion, Research & Trade in Traditional Foods (CPRTTF), Tirupati Chapter NetPro.FN Andhra Chapter.
1. Babu Bhagath Yerramathi, Manjula Kola*& Beulah Annem Muniraj. (2021) Physical Properties And In Silico Toxicity Of Sodium Alginate-Sulfamerazine Biopolymeric Films For Food Applications, International Journal Of Agricultural Science And Research (Ijasr) 11 (1): 141–154
2. Babu Bhagath Yerramathi , Manjula Kola , Beulah Annem Muniraj , Rammohan Aluru , Madhavi Thirumanyam , Grigory V. Zyryanov . (2021). Structural studies and bioactivity of sodium alginate edible films fabricated through ferulic acid crosslinking mechanism, Journal of Food Engineering, 301(2021): 110566
3. Dr. B Kalyani and Dr. Manjula K. (2021). Shelf life studies of irradiated mushrooms and tomatoes, Journal of Current Research in Food Science 2(2): 21-26
4. Dr. Kalyani bandi and Dr. Manjula kola. (2020). Irradiation of mushrooms and its impact on bioactive components, Annals, Food science and technology 21(2): 266-273.
5. Manjula.K, Kalyani. B and Jhansi. D. (2020). Osmotic dehydration of pineapple by applying thin layer drying kinetics, International journal of multidisciplinary educational research 9(11): 173-178.
6. B. Kalyani and Manjula. K. (2020). Post – Harvest processing of irradiation on quality parameters of Mushrooms, Journal of Research, ANGRAU 48 (2): 23-33.
7. Dr.B.Kalyani and Dr. Manjula K. (2019). Impact of Irradiated Soya mix on Growth and Development of Weanling Albino rats, International Journal of Life Sciences Research.7(4): 19-24.
8. Bhagath.Y.B and Manjula.K. (2019). Influence of composite edible coating systems on preservation of fresh meat cuts and products: a brief review on their trends and applications, International Food Research Journal. 26(2): 377-392.
9. K.Manjula, GV. Bhaskar reddy, C.Suneetha, D.Jhansi and B.Kalyani. (2019). Functional meat products- Scope and significance, Innovations at intersection of technology quality and production, 126-129.
10. Jhansi.D and Dr. Manjula Kola. (2019). The antioxidant potential of Centella Asiatica- A review, Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies, 18-20.
11. AbhiramiMSivaprasad, Dr. Manjula Kola and Dr. G. Vijayabhaskar Reddy. (2018). Development and shelf life evaluation of value added chicken meat sausages, Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research (AJMR), 7(5), 41-47.
12. K. Mahitha, Dr.K.Manjula and Dr.B. Kalyani. (2018). Post harvest technology of calcium salts on fruit quality of guava during storage, International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology. 4 (5), 381-385.
13. Manjula.K, Jhansi.D and Sudha.S. (2018). Effect of composite flour on quality and nutritional properties of bread, International Journal of Life Sciences Research. 6(3):364-367.
14. Suneetha. C and Manjula. K. (2017). Risk factors associated with Obesity: Individual and industrial role in prevention and control-A review, International Journal of current trends in science and technology. 7(12): 20510-18.
15. Sowjanya. M and Manjula .K. (2017). Efficacy of spirulina in improving iron status for diabetics, International Journal of Home Science, 3(2): 620-622.
16. Manjula. K and Bhagath Y.B. (2017). New generation functional foods-A prospectus on processing technology assistance in development and production, Carpathian journal of food science and technology. 9(2): 64-76.
17. Manjula. K, Jhansi. D and Indiramma. E. (2017). Development and quality assessment of herbal health mix to mitigate micro nutrient malnutrition, International journal of food and nutritional science, 6(1).
18. K Manjula, M Alpha Raj and Ramya Krishna. (2016). Feed efficiency and serobiochemical profile of Wistar rats fed with spirulina as functional food, Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science. 4(2):135-140.
19. Sowjanya M and Manjula K. (2016). Life style patterns and stress among diabetics, International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 1(1):23-25.
20. Sujatha V, Manjula K and Anurag Chaturvedi. (2016). Effect of radiation in combined method as a hurdle in development of shelf stable intermediate moisture pine apple (Ananas comosus), International Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences. 5(3):35-46.
21. Sowjanya M, Manjula K. (2016). Dietary spirulina in pharmaceutical and neutraceutical applications, International Journal of Science and Research. 225-227.
22. Jhansi D, Manjula K. (2016). Functional and neutraceutical properties of herbals and its applications in food, International Journal of Science and Research. 5(7):196-198.
23. K Sowjanya and K Manjula. ( 2016). Standardization and development of instant ragi dosa mix with dehydrated green leafy vegetable. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology 10(5):4-8.
24. M. Soujanya and K. Manjula. (2016). Formulation of snack-bar with Spirulina for diabetes, Beverage and Food world, 43 (4): 45-46.
25. Parveen Begam. S and Manjula. K. (2015). Bioactive components in Fruits and vegetables- Potential sources for food to food fortification. International journal of nutrition and agricultural research, 2 (1): 19-24.
26. Parveen Begam. S and Manjula. K. (2015). Food to Food Fortification- A novel Approach to mitigate iron deficiency anemia. International journal of food, agriculture and veterinary sciences.5 (3): 55-58.
27. Parveen Begam. S and Manjula. K. (2016). Iron Fortification: A consummate technological solution to Conquer Anemia in women. Indian Journal of Women and Development, Special Volume: 220-226.
28. Kalyani B and Manjula K. (2015). The Effect of Gamma Irradiation on Physical parameters and proximate composition of Tomatoes, International journal of Science and Research. 4 (5): 1903-1906.
29. Manjula K, Bhagath Y B and Micheal Richards. (2015). Evaluation of Physico Chemical and Microbial quality of minimally processed sprouts, International Journal of Food, Agriculture and veterinary Sciences. 5(1):71-77.
30. Manjula K, Bhagath Y B and Kusuma Nagalakshmi. (2015). Effect of Radiation Processing on Bioactive Components of Finger millets Flour, International Food Research Journal, 22(2): 556-560, 2015.
31. Nawab Mahal Jabeen, Manjula K. and K. Jalarama Reddy. (2015). Impact of irradiation on nutritional quality and functional properties of soy flour and sprouted soy flour, International Journal of Advanced Research, 3(3): 1120-1129.
32. Sujatha V, Manjula K, Anurag Chaturvedi. (2014). Impact of processing on storage stability of intermediate moisture tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) slices using radiation as hurdle technology, International research Journal of natural and applied sciences. 1(6):163-175.
33. Sujatha. V, Anurag Chaturvedi, Manjula. K. (2015). Development of shelf stable intermediate moisture cauliflower Brassica oleracea,var, Botrytis cabbage, Brassica oleracea, var capitata using radiation as hurdle technology, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering research, 6(2): 317.
34. Manjula. K, D.L. Kusuma, Revathi. B. (2014). Nutritional status assessment of Adolescents- A gender prospective. 2014., International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological sciences, 1(9): 204-208.
35. Jhansi. D, Manjula. K, Soujanya. M. (2014). Formulation and standardization of vegetable crunches by incorporating guar gum. 2014., Indian Journal of Applied Research, 4(12): 268-270.
36. Sujatha. V, Anuragh Chaturvedi, Manjula. K. (2014). Effect of radiation in combined method as a hurdle in development of shelf stable intermediate moisture pine apple (Ananas comosus), International Journal of Science and Technology, 25(3): 1736-1746.
37. Manjula. K, Jhansi. D, Soujanya. M and Manjunath. V. (2014). Formulation, standardization and development of value added spaghetti, International Journal of food, agriculture and veterinary sciences, 4(2): 83-86.
38. Kalyani. B and Manjula. K. (2014). Nutritional importance of vegetables in Indian diet, International Journal of multi disciplinary educational research, 3(8): 245-254.
39. Manjula. K. (2014). Impact of women entrepreneurship on household food and nutrition security, Asian Acc. Res. J. Social Sci. Humanities, 1(26): 176-185, 2014.
40. DLKusuma, RK Anuradha, K Anuradha, K Manjula, KV Sucharitha and B. Swarupa Rani. (2014). Inclusive strategies towards promotion of nutrition and health of girl children, Indian Journal of women and development, special vol.21-25.
41. Manjula. K and Sunitha. C. (2014). Formulation and development of functional confectionery by incorporating pumpkin juice. Int. J. food. Agri. Veterinary Sci. 4(1): 47-52.
42. Sujatha. V, Anurag Chaturvedi, Manjula. K. (2014). Storage stability of intermediate moisture cauliflower brassica oleracea var capitata using radiation as hurdle technology, J. Food tech. Res. 1(2):60-72.
43. Kalyani. B, Manjula. K. (2014). Food irradiation: Technology and applications, Int .j. current Microbiol. App. Sci. 3(4):549-555.
44. Soujanya. M, Manjula. K, Archana. T. (2014). A study on life style and dietary practices of Diabetes in Tirupati, Int. J. Food and Nut. Sci. 3(2):121-123.
45. Manjula, K. (2013). Women as Key providers for food and nutrition Security, Ind. J. Women and Development, Changing roles of women in the era of Globalization; Special Volume: 67, 2013.
46. Kalyani, B. Manjula, K. (2013). Irradiation of Mushrooms – An Overview, Int. J. Sci. Res, l2 (12):06-08.
47. Manjula, K. Bhagath, Y.B. Soujanya, K. (2013). Physicochemical and microbial analysis of minimally processed fruits and vegetables, J. Environ. Sci. Toxicol. Food Tech, 5(5): 01-06.
48. Udayasri, V. Manjula, K. Soujanya, M. (2013). Effect of spirulina as a nutritional supplement in malnourished children, Int. j. Sci. Res; 2 (5):11-12.
49. Manjula, K. Suneetha, C. Viswanath, C. (2012). Physico chemical sensory and microbial quality of Yoghurt fortified with sapota pulp, Int. j. Mat.sci.chem, 1:04-06.
50. Kalyani, B. Manjula, K. and Kusuma, D.L. (2012). Food consumption pattern and weight gain of Albino rats fed with Irradiated and non irradiated diets, Ind. J. Life Sci; 2(1):73-75.
51. Manjula, K. and Suneetha, C. (2011). Designer foods- Their role in preventing life style disorders, Int. j. Sci. Nat, 4:878-882.
52. Manjula, K. Pushpalatha. Suneetha, C. (2011). Effect of cooking methods on Chlorophyll content in selected vegetables, Asian J. Rea.chem, 4(5):719-721.
53. Suneetha, C. Manjula, K. and Baby Depur. (2011). Quality assessment of street foods in Tirumala, Asian. j. Exp.biosci; 2(2):207-211.
54. Kalyani, B. Kusuma, D.L. Manjula, K. and Chandralekha, K. (2011). Effect of radiation processing on shelf life and acceptability of soy mix, Asian J. Exp. Biosci., 2(1):165-168.
55. Manjula, K. (1995). Impact of Women Entrepreneurship on Family Nutritional and health Status, Journal of Enterprising culture and small Entrepreneurship Development, 10(4): 200-211.
- Dr. B Kalyani and Dr. Manjula Kola, (2021). Radiation processing of Mushroom and Tomato – Process and Technology, AkiNik Publications, New Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-5570-020-9.
- Dr.Manjula Kola (2016). Women Entrepreneurship on household Food and Nutrition Security, Lambert Academic Publishing Company, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-659-85330-2.
- Dr.Manjula Kola (2010). “Social marketing strategy for nutrition communication”- Lambert Academic Publishing Company, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-8433-6422-5.
- Manjula.K, Kalyani.B and Jhansi.D (2021). Nanotechnology in Designing and Development of Functional Foods for Health promotion, (In) Emerging Trends in Nanotechnology innovations, Health and Risks, AGROBIOS publications,185-203, ISBN 978-81-949237-1-8
- Manjula, K. and Suneetha, C. (2020). Obesity, A Leading Metabolic Syndrome-Role of Functional Foods in Prevention and Treatment, (In) Nutrition, Health and Wellness, Chapter 8, Walnut Publication, ISBN 974-819434864-1, 75-94.
- Manjula, K. and Rajini N (2020). Social marketing – A potential strategy to improve micro nutrient intakes of pregnant women , (In) Listening to Scientists and Social scientists on Translational Research, 11, Studera press, Delhi, ISBN 978-93-85883-70-5.
- Manjula, K. and Bhagath, Y.B.(2019) Food Additives, (In) Food Chemistry, Chapter 10, New Delhi Publishers, 196-232, ISBN: 978-93-88879-14-9.
- Manjula, K. (2018). Women Empowerment and its Impact on Family Nuritional and Health Status, (In) Holsitic empowerment of Women,Theoretical and Empirical Studies Chapter 12, Studera press, New Delhi.108-118, ISBN: 978-93-85883-57-6.
- Manjula, K. and Bhagath, Y.B.(2016) Nanotechnology-Applications and Implications in Food Science and Technology. (In) Frontiers in Nanotechnology: Research and Perspectives. 1-20, ISBN: 978-93-5254-835-4.
- Manjula.K, Kalyani.B, Jhansi.D and Ghouse Peera (2016). Application of Thin layer drying kinetics for osmotic dehydration of pineapple. (In) Advances in Home Science Studies, Vol I, 352-357, ISBN: 978-93-82186-79-3.
- Manjula, K. (2015). Phytochemicals in Chemoprevention and Therapy of Cancer. (In) Cancer: Current and Future Prospects,231-236, ISBN: 978-93-5174 -071-1, 013.
- K. Manjula and M. Soujanya. (2013). Spirulina -A nutritional, therapeutic and functional food in health management. (In) Frontiers in Aqua culture and biotechnology. B R Publishing Company: New Delhi,73-81, ISBN: 978-81-925022-0-1, 2013.
- Manjula, K. (2011). Ethnographic techniques and their application for dietary assessment of the community. (In) Tribal ethano-medicine and health care practice. PUB:BR PUB company, Delhi. 127-135, ISBN: 978-81-76467735.
- Chandralekha K,Rajini N, Sucharitha KVand Manjula K(2003). Positive Lifestyle Orientation towards Health Integrated Yoga Therapy. (In) Problems and perspectives of social philosophy. PUB: International congress of Social Philosophy (ICSP), India. Vol13, 268-280.
E-Learning Modules: UGC e-PG pathshala
- Enzymes in Food Processing and Preservation
- Applications of Enzymes in Food Industry
- Storage and Shelf Life of Processed Foods
- Food processing and preservation
- Functional foods
- Food product development
- Life style diseases
- Development of Functional Foods with potential Sources and transfer of Technology to the Community for Health Promotion’ funded by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India.
- ‘All India Co-coordinated project on Indian Ethnic Cuisines’ funded by Spice Board of India, Kochi, India.
- Social Marketing Strategy to Combat Iron Deficiency Anemia among Women in Rural Community-Funded by BSR VR Foundation, Visakhapatnam.
- A workshop as co-ordinator “Pollution control in fruit and vegetable processing industries on 28th September, 2011 in SVU, Tirupati.
- Organizing Committee member of Women Science Congress, 2017
- Naipunya”- Andhra Pradesh State Skill Competitions in collaboration with A.P.State Skill Development Corporation and Confederation of Indian Industry on 19-20,April,2018
- A National symposium on Role of traditional foods in ensuring nutritional security on 12th September, 2018.
- Refresher Course on Gender Studies from 25.02.2019 to 16.03.2019, Conducted by UGC-HRDC, SVU, Tirupati.
- Refresher Course on Entrepreneurial Strategies from 14.10.2019 to 26.10.2019, Conducted by UGC-HRDC, SVU, Tirupati.
- Refresher course on Health management at HRDC, SVU during 10th to 22nd February, 2020.
- Organized the World consumer rights day,2020 on 15th March 2020 in collaboration with IIPA, TPT branch, SVU, Tirupati.
- Refresher course on Health Management in UGC HRDC, SVU on 16th-28thNovember, 2020.
- Andhra Pradesh State Scientist Award in Food Technology -2020 by Andhra Pradesh Council of Science and Technology (APCOST), Government of Andhra Pradesh on 22.03.2021.
- Professor Sarveswara Endowment Award, BSR VR Foundation, Visakhapatnam in 2018
- Best Outstanding Academician International Award 2020 on December 30th 2020, by Kamarajar Institute of Educational and Research, Theni, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Adarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar (National award of excellence-2021) by Global Management Council, Ahmedabad on 10.05.2021
- Mahila Shiromani Award in the Field of Education by WAY Foundation on Women’s Day 2021.
- A patent on Designer yoghurt drink, Patent ref No: 202141028290 Filing date:23.06.2021.
- A patent on Hrudayamrutham – Heart healthy Functional mix, Patent ref No: 202041013743 Filing date:28.03.2020.
- A patent on Medhas – Herbal granola Bar, Patent ref No: 202041006666Filing date: 16/02/2020
- A patent on Nutririch snack bar for Diabetes, Patent ref No: 201641040381 Published date: 01/06/2018.
- Deputy Director, Directorate of Admissions (DOA), Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Head- in charge, Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Course Coordinator for Food Technology, Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University.
- Coordinator, MLTC, Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University.
- Member BOS in Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member BOS in Department of clinical Nutrition, Devaraja Medical college, Kolar , Karnataka.
- Member BOS in Food Safety and Food Quality, Deccan Education Society’s Fergusson Centre for Higher Leaning.
- Executive Member in DST PURSE Programme, (Promotion of University Research ScientificExcellence) SriVenkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member, College Advisory Committee, SVUCS, SVU
- Subject Expert, CBCS Syllabus, APSCHE
- Editorial Board member, University newsletter, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Executive Member in Women Teachers Association, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Co-ordinator for Departmental IQAC, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member for College Inspection Committee, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member for College Magazine Committee, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member for Student Grievance Redrenal Portal, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- NACC Committee member, Department of Home Science, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Member in Purchase Committee S.V.Women’s Hostel, S.V. University, Tirupati.
Membership in Professional and Research Bodies:
- Executive Member of Indian Dietetic Association(IDA) of India
- Life Member, Associate of Food Scientists & Technologists in India (AFSTI)
- Life Member of Nutrition Society of India (NSI)
- Member of Association of Asia Pacific studies.
- Member of Society for Hunger Elimination.
- Co-Convener of NETProFan AP State chapter.
- Co-convener of Council for Promotion, Research & Trade in Traditional Foods (CPRTTF), Tirupati Chapter
- Member and content writer for UGC e-PG Pathshala Project for Food Science and Nutrition
- Member in Indian Meat Science Association
- Member in Renal nutrition India