SOME SIGNIFICANT RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
1) Characterization of thin film ZnCdS/CdTe Solar cells
O. M. Hussain, P.S.Reddy, S.Uthanna, B.S.Naidu and P.J.Reddy
Semiconductor Science & Technology, 6 (1990) 690 – 694.
2) Characterization of thin film n-CdS/p-CdTe heterojunctions
O. M.Hussain and P.J.Reddy
Vacuum, 42 (1991) 657 – 659.
3) Electrochemical studies of lithium insertion in MoO3 film
C.Julien, O.M.Hussain, L.El. Farh and M.Balkanski
Solid State Ionics, 53-56 (1992) 400.
4) The growth and electrochemical properties of metal oxide films – lithium interacalation
C.Julien, L.El Farh and Balkanski, O.M.Hussain, and G.A.Nazri
Appl .Surf. Sci., 65/66 (1993) 325.
5) Structural and Optical properties of Cd 1-xZn x Te thin films
K.P.Rao, O.M.Hussain, .K.T.R.Reddy, P.S.Reddy, S.Uthanna, B.S.Naidu and P.J.Reddy.
J.Alloys and compounds, 218 (1995) 86 – 89.
6) A.C.Conductivity studies on Al/MoO3/Al sandwitch structure
V.K.Sabhapathi, O.M.Hussain, S.Uthanna, B.S.Naidu and P.J.Reddy , C.Julien and M.Balkanski
Mater. Sci and Engg.B, 32 (1995) 93-97.
7) Spectroscopic characterization of electron beam evaporated V2O5 thin films
C.V.Ramana, O.M.Hussain, B.S.Naidu and P.J.Reddy
Thin Solid Films 305 (1997) 219 .
8) Dielectric properties of Al/V2O5/ Al Thin films Sandwich structure.
C.V. Ramana, O.M.Hussain, B.S. Naidu and C.Julien.
Material Science and Engg. B 60 (1999) 173-178.
9) Low temperature growth of Vanadium Pentaoxide thin film produced by Pulsed laser ablation
C.V.Ramana, O.M.Hussain, B.S.Naidu and R.Pinto
Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 34 (2001) L35-L38.
10) Growth and characteristics of reactive pulsed laser deposited molybdenum trioxide thin films
O.M.Hussain, K.Srinivasa Rao, K.V.Madhuri, C.V.Ramana, .S.Naidu, S.Pai, J.John and R.Pinto
Applied Physics – A: Materials Science & Processing ,75 (2002) 417-422.
11) Optical absorption studies on (V2O5)1-x-(MoO3)x thin films
K.V.Madhuri, B.S.Naidu and O.M.Hussain
Materials Chemistry and Physics, 77 (2002) 22-26.
12) Characterization of activated reactive evaporated MoO3 thin films for gas sensor applications
O.M.Hussain, and K.S.Rao
Materials Chemistry and Physics, 80 (2003) 638-646.
13) Photochromic properties of double layer CdS/MoO3 nanostructured films
K.S.Rao, K.V.Madhuri, S.Uthanna and O.M.Hussain & C.Julien
Materials Science and Engineering B, 100 (2003) 79-86.
14) Growth and surface characterization of V2O5 thin films made by pulsed laser deposition
C.V.Ramana,R.J.Smith,O.M.Hussain and C.M.Julien
J.Vac.Sci.& Technol.A 22(2004)2453-58.
15) Structure and surface morphology of Laser ablated WO3 thin films
O.M.Hussain, A.S. Swapnasmitha, J. John and R.Pinto
Appl.Phys.A , 81(2005)1291-1297.
16) Structural and electrical properties of lithium manganese oxide thinfilms grown by pulsed laser deposition
O.M.Hussain, K.Hari Krishna,V.Kalai Vani and C.M.Julien
Ionics, 13(2007) 455.
17) Photo and Electrochromic properties of Activated reactive evaporated MoO3 thin films grown on flexible substrates
K.Hari Krishna, O.M.Hussain and C.Guillen
Research Letters in Nanotechnology, Vol. 2008, Article ID 217510; Doi:10.1155/2008/217510.
18) Spectroscopic investigations on tetravalent doped LiCoO2 thin film cathodes
M.C.Rao and O.M.Hussain
Eue.Phys.J.Appl. Phys., 48(2009)20503.
19) Electrochromic Properties of Nano crystalline Tungsten trioxide Thin Films Grown on Flexible Substrates by Plasma Assisted Evaporation Technique.
K. Hari Krishna, O.M. Hussain and C. M. Julien
Applied Physics A: Condensed Matter Physics , 99(2010)921-928.
20) Microstructural and electrochemical properties of rf sputtered LiMn2O4 thin film cathodes
K.Jayanth Babu, P.Jeevan Kumar and O.M.Hussain
Applied Nano-Science, DOI 10-1007/s 13204-011 – 0058-8, 2012.
21) Influence of annealing temperature on microstructural and electrochemical properties of rf sputtered LiMn2O4 thin film cathodes.
K.Jayanth Babu, P.Jeevan Kumar, O.M.Hussain and C.Julien
J.Solid State Electrochemistry, 16(2012)3383-3390.
22) RF magnetron sputter deposited nanocrystalline LiCoO2 film cathodes on flexible substrates
P.Jeevan Kumar, K.Jayanth Babu and O.M.Hussain
Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, 4(2012) 1-10.
23) RF Sputter deposited LiCoO2 thick films: Microstructure and electrochemical performance as cathodes in acqueous and non-acqueous microbatteries
P.Jeevan Kumar, K.Jayatn Babu, O.M.Hussain and C.M.Julien;
Ionics;19 (2012) 421-428
24) RF sputtered LiCoO2 thick films: Microstructure and electrochemical performance as cathodes in aqueous and non aqueous microbatteries
P.Jeevan Kumar, K.Jayanth Babu and O.M.Hussain
25) Synthesis, electrical and dielectrical properties of lithium iron oxide
P.Rosaiah and O.M.Hussain
Advanced Materials Letters,4(2013)288-295
26) Electron beam evaporated nano-crystalline V2O5 thin films for electrochromic and electrochemical applications
P.Rosaiah and O.M.Hussain;
Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology;143 (2013) 485-497
27) Spectroscopic and electrochromic properties of activated reactive evaporated nanocrystalline V2O5 thin films grown on flexible substrates;
K.Hari Krishna, O.M.Hussain and Guillen Cecilia
International Nano Letters;3:24 (2013) 1-8
28) Structural, Optical, and Electrochemical Properties of Pure and Mo-Doped WO3 Films by RF Magnetron Sputtering
V. Madhavi, P. Kondaiah, O.M. Hussain and S.Uthanna
Hindawi publishing corporation conference papers in energy, 2013: 104047.
29) Growth, Microstructure and Electrochemical properties of RF sputtered LiMn2O4 thin films on Au/Polyimide Flexible substrates;
K.Jayanth Babu, P.Jeevan Kumar and Obili M.Hussain;
Materials Sciences and Applications;4 (2013) 128-133.
30) Properties of MoO3 films by thermal oxidation: Annealing induced phase transition
V. Madhavi, P. Kondaiah, S. Subbarayudu, O.M. Hussain and S.Uthanna
Materials Express, 3(2) (2013) 1-9.
31) Electrical and electrochemical properties of nanocrystalline LiFePO4 cathode;
P.Rosaiah, P.Jeevan Kumar, k.Jayanth Babu and O.M.Hussain
Applied Physica A; 113 (2013) 603-611, DOI 10.1007/s00339-013-7762-8
32) Microscopic and spectroscopic properties of hydrothermally synthesized nano-crystalline LiFePO4 cathode material
P.Rosaiah and O.M.Hussain;
Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 614 (2014) 13-19
33) Supercapacitive performance of copper oxide thin films
B. Purusottam Reddy, K. Sivajee Ganesh, K. Jayanth Babu, O.M. Hussain;
Journal of Advances in Chemistry, 10(8) (2014) 2978 – 2989.
34) Microstructure and supercapacitive properties of rf-sputtered copper oxide thin films:influence of O2/Ar
B. Purusottam Reddy, K. Sivajee Ganesh, K. Jayanth Babu, O.M. Hussain, C.M. Julien;
Ionics, 21 (2015) 2319-2328, DOI: 10.1007/s11581-015-1403-5.
35) Microstructural and electrochemical properties of LiTiyCo1-yO2 film cathodes prepared by RF sputtering;
K.sivajee ganesh, B.purusottam reddy, P.Jeevan kumar, K.Jayanth babu, P Rosaiah, O.M. Hussain;
Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 19 (2015) 3621-3627.
36) Enhanced super capacitive performance of nanocrystaline Mn3O4 synthesized by thermal method;
Dadamiah PMD Shaik, P. Rosaiah O M Hussain;
Journal of Advances in Chemistry, 12 (2015) 3919-3933.
37) Growth, microstructure and supercapacitive performance of copper oxide thin films prepared by RF magnetron sputtering;
B Purusottam Reddy, K Sivajee Ganesh, OM Hussain;
Applied Physics A 122 (2016) 122-128.
38) Influence of Ti and Zr dopants on the electrochemical performance of LiCoO2 film cathodes prepared by
rf magnetron sputtering;
K. Sivajee Ganesh, B. Purusottam reddy, O.M. Hussain, A. Mauger, C.M. Julien;
Materials science and engineering B 209 (2016) 30-36.
39) Spectroscopic and Electrochemical Properties of Lithium-Rich LiFePO4 Cathode Synthesized by Solid-State
P. Rosaiah, O.M. Hussain and Yejun Qiu,
Journal of Electronic Materials 46 (2017) 4865-4874.
40) Nanocrystalline Li2TiO3 electrodes for supercapattery application
A.Lakshminarayana, M.Dhananjaya, N.Guruprakash,O.M.Hussain and C.M.Julien,
40. Reduced graphene oxide/Mn3O4 nanocomposite electrodes with enhanced electrochemical performance
for energy storage applications,
Rosaiah P. , Jinghui Zhua , Dadamiah PMD Shaik , Hussain O.M. , Yejun Qiua, , Lei Zhaoc,
Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 794 (2017) 78–85.
41 RF-Sputtered flexible copper oxide thin films for electrochemical energy storage,
B.Purushottam Reddy, K.Sivajee Ganesh, Si-Hyun Park, O.M. Hussain
Indian Journal of Physics, (2017) DOI:10.1007/s 12648-017-1072-5
42) Microstructural and supercapacitive properties of one dimensional vanadium pentoxide nanowires
synthesized by hydrothermal method ,
M. Dhananjaya, N. Guru Prakash, A. Lakshmi Narayana and O.M. Hussain;
Applied Physics-A: Materials Sciences and processing (2018) 124:185 DOI:10:1007/s00339-017-1522-0
43) Well- dispersed rod-like LiFePO4 nanoparticles on reduced grapheme oxide with excellent
performance for Li-ion batteries,
P.Rosaiah, Jinghui Zhu, O.M.Hussain, Zhonggui Liu and Yejun Qiu,
Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 811(2018) 1-7
44) Graphenothermal reduction synthesis of MnO/RGO composite with excellent anodic behaviour in Li-ion
P.Rosaiah, Jinghui Zhu, O.M.Hussain, Zhonggui and Yejun Qiu,
45) High Performance One Dimensional a- MoO3 Nanorods for Supercapacitor Applications
N. Guru Prakash, M. Dhananjaya, A. Lakshmi Narayana, Dadamiah PMD Shaik, P.Rosaiah and
46) Dadamiah P.M.D.Shaik, P.Rosaiah, K.Sivajee Ganesh, Yejun Qiu, O.M.Hussain,
Improved electrochemical performance of Mn3O4 thin film electrodes for
Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 84(2018)83-90.
47) P.Rosaiah, Jinghui Zhu, O.M.Hussain, and Yejun Qiu, Synthesis of flower- like graphene oxide-Mn3O4
nanocomposite electrodes for supercapacitors, Applied Physics-A: Materials Sciences and processing
48) A.Lakshmi Narayana,M.Dhananjaya, N.Guru Prakash, O.M.Hussain, Alain Mauger and C.M.Julien,
Li2TiO3/Graphene and Li2TiO3/CNT composites as anodes for high power Li-ion batteries, Chemistry
Select, 3(2018)1-10; DOI;10.1002/slct.201801510
49) K.Sivajee Ganesh, B.Purusottam Reddy, P.Jeevan Kumar,O.M.Hussain,
Zr dopant on microstructural and electrochemical properties of LiCoO2 thin film cathodes by RF
sputtering, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 811(2018) 71-79
50) P.Rosaiah, Jinghui Zhu, O.M.Hussain, and Yejun Qiu, Facile and cost effective synthesis of flower-like RGO/Fe3O4 nanocomposites with ultra-long cycling stability for supercapacitors, Ionics (2018) DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s11581-018-2669-1
51) Christian M. Julien, Alain Mauger and Obili M. Hussain, Sputtered LiCoO2 Cathode Materials for All-Solid-State Thin-Film Lithium Microbatteries, Materials, 2019, 12 (17) 2687.
52) N.Varalakshmi, A. Lakshminarayana, D. Rekha, O.M. Hussain and N.Y.Sreedhar, Sodium dodecyl sulphate assistaed hydrothermally synthesized hexagonal prismatic nanocystalline zinc cobaltite for high performance supercapacitors, Ionics ( Published online:08 April 2019: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-019-02949-y)
53) Dadamiah PMd Shaik, P. Rosaiah, Yejun Qin, O.M. Hussain, Hydrothermally synthesized porous Mn3O4 nanoparticles with enhanced electrochemical performance, Ceramics International, 45 (2019) 2226-2233
54) Ambadi Lakshmi-Narayana, Obili M Hussain, Chintalapalle V Ramana, Marco Camacho-Lopez, Ashraf Abdel-Ghany, Ahmed Hashem, Alain Mauger, Christian M Julien, Molybdenum-Suboxide Thin Films as Anode Layers in Planar Lithium Microbatteries, Electrochem 1 (2020) 160.
55) Dadamiah PMD Shaik, O.M.Hussain, Fabrication of the Mn3O4 thin film electrodes by electron beam evaporation for supercapacitor application, J.Electroanalytical Chemistry, 851(2020) 113409.
56) G. Venkataprasad, T. Madhusudana Reddy A.Lakshminarayana, O.M.Hussain, T. Venu Gopal, P.Shaikshavali Shaik, Hydrothermal synthesis of intertwining network structured TiO2 nanocomposite: A promising material for effective monitoring of dopamine and anodic performance in lithium ion-batteries , Synthetic Metals, 265(2020)116403
57) Jibi John, M.Dhananjaya, S.Suresh, S savitha Pillai, Mamata Sahoo, O.M.Hussain, Reji Philip, V.P.Mahadevan Pillai, Effect of Manganese doping on the structural, morphological,optical electrical and magnetic properties of BaSnO3, J.Materials Science and Materials in Electronics, (2020) http://10.1007/s10854-020-03665-4
58) A.Lashminarayana, N.Guruprakash, M.Dhananjaya,O.M.Hussain, Ye Jun Qiu, C.M.Julien, Pulsed laser deposited Li2TiO3 thin film electrodes for energy storage, J.Solid State Electrochemistry, http://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-020-04624-z
59) Charan Kuchi, A Lakshmi Narayana, OM Hussain, P Sreedhara Reddy, Electrospun TiO2 nanofiber electrodes for high performance supercapacitors, Materials Research Express 7 (2020) 015098
60) Goddati Mahendra 1, Reddappagari Malathi 1, Sairam P. Kedhareswara 1 , Ambadi Lakshmi-Narayana 1,
Merum Dhananjaya 1, Nunna Guruprakash 1, Obili M. Hussain 1,*, Alain Mauger 2
and Christian M. Julien 2,*
RF Sputter-Deposited Nanostructured CuO Films for Micro-Supercapacitors
Appl. Nano 2021, 2, 46–66. https://doi.org/10.3390/applnano2010005
61) N. Varalakshmi, A. Lakshmi Narayana, O. M. Hussain & N. Y. Sreedhar Improved supercapacitive performance of low pore size and highly stable nanostructured NiCo2O4 electrodes
Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry,https://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-021-04911-3
Published online: 25th February,2021
1) Biosensors and Bioelectronics : D.Dharaneeswara Reddy, O.M.Hussain, D.V.R.Sai Gopal, D.Muralidhara Rao
and K.S.Sastry, I.K.International Publishing House Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi, India,2014
2) Metal oxide cathodes for cost effective Li-ion batteries: P. Rosaiah, O.M. Hussain, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2015
Transition Metal Oxide Nanomaterials & Thin Films Applicable to
Electrochemical devices – Solid State Microbatteries
Super capacitors, Photo & Electrochromic windows, Gas Sensors
- Physical Investigations on V2O5 and MoO3 thin films for applications in Solid State Microbatteries,(1993-1995) (Rs.3.30 Lakhs). Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi (Co-Investigator)
- Investigations on AgGaxIn1-xse2 films leading to the development of Heterojunction solar cells. (1994-1999) (Rs. 1.72 Lakhs) – UGC, New Delhi, (Co-Investigator)
- Superconductivity to promote Research and Development, (1994-1999) (Rs 10.45 Lakhs) UGC, New Delhi, (Co-Investigator)
- Studies on V2O5 based thin films applicable to electrochemical devices. (1997-1999). UGC Minor Research Project, New Delhi, (Principal Investigator)
- Physical Investigations on MoO3 and WO3 thin films, (2001-2002) UGC Minor Research Project, New Delhi, (Principal Investigator).
- Investigations on LiCoO2 and LiMn2O4 thin film cathode materials for microbattery applications. (2005-2008) (Rs 9.61 (Lakh) UGC Major Research project, New Delhi, (Principal Investigator).
- Development of thin film solid state microbatteries [(A grand project (Rs. 704 Lakh) in collaboration with Department of Instrumentation and IPC, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Tyagaraja College of Engineering, Madhurai). DRDO, Hyderabad. (2006-2010) (Principal Investigator – S.V.U) (Rs.89.35 Lakh)
- Studies on LiFeO2 and LiFePO4 thin film cathode materials UGC Major Research Project, New Delhi, (2011-2016) (Rs.8.24 Lakhs) (Principal Investigator)
- Co-ordinator – DST FIST, New Delhi (Rs 185.00 Lakhs) (2016 – 2018)
- Deputy Co-ordinator – UGC-CAS-II, New Delhi (Rs.280.00 Lakhs) (2015 – 2020)
- Senior Research Fellowship, Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, New Delhi 1989-90
- Post Doctoral Fellowship during 1991-92 Labotatoir de Physique des Solides, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
- INSA Visit Fellowship for the Year 1999-2000.
- Fellow, Andhra Pradesh Academic of Sciences, Hyderabad
- Teacher of Excellence (2009), S.V.University College of Sciences, S.V.University
- Distinguished leader in Science-2018 by Venus International Foundation, Chennai
- National Award- Mentor -2018 by Dr.Kalam Education Trust, Chennai
Member of Academic Senate – Mahatma Gandhi University
Nalgonda, Telangana (2014-16)
Member of Board of Studies – JNTU- Ananthapur & Pulivendula
Member of Board of Studies – Shri Vishnu Engineering College for
Woman, Bhimavaram, JNTU, Kakinada
Member of Board of Studies –Department of Materials Science &
Nano-technology, YVU, Kadapa
Member of Board of Studies – Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
Memberof Board of Studies -Dept. of Physics, Osmania Uni.,HYD
NUMBER OF STUDENTS CURRENTLY WORKING
Ph.D 01 – Full Time ; 03 Part Time
Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental
Department of Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore
Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Department of Physics, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, Canada
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin Institute of Technology, Schenzen, China
Life Member Indian Physics Teachers Association
Society for advancement of Solid State Sciences
Indian Physics Association
Semiconductor Society of India
International Association of Advanced Materials