Liaison Officer SC Cell : Prof . I. Kullayamma
Liaison Officer ST Cell : Prof. A. Sudhakariah
SC / ST SPECIAL CELL
The Special Cell (SC/ST) was established during the year 1983-84 with financial assistance of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi for monitoring the implementation the Rule of Reservation policy for SCs/STs in the Universities and Colleges to collect data regarding the implementation of the Policies in respect of admissions, appointments to Teaching and Non-Teaching positions in the University.
- To circulate Government of India and Commission’s decisions to the concerned and to collect regular, information regarding course wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the Universities and Colleges, as and when required by the Government.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, training of these Communities in Teaching and Non-Teaching posts in the Universities and Colleges.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy.
- To analyses the information so collected and prepare reports and digests and onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development / University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To monitor the working of the Remedial Coaching Scheme, if approved in the affiliated colleges and University.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the University and render them the necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering from economic, social and educational deprivations.