Dr. P. Usha Rani is a professor of English at the Department of English, S.V. University, Tirupati. She has 29 years of teaching experience at the Postgraduate Level. She presented many research papers at national, International conferences and her articles have been published by journals. She worked as deputy warden for nearly six years in SVU Women’s Hostels. She worked as Head of Department for two years. She has guided 1 M.Phil and 10 Ph.D candidates.
P.Usha Rani Narrative technique as a tool to the suspense in Anita Ram Badami’s Tell it to the trees. Bodhi Vol.3 2 35-36 2456-5571 Febr.2019 International
P.Usha Rani Escaping into the fantasy land: A feministic analysis of Navita Gokhale’s Paro-Dreams of Passion. Bodhi Vol.3 2 37-38 2456-5571 Febr.2019 International
P.Usha Rani Individual and Society In Mayavadana By Girish Karnad SVU Journal of English Studies Vol. 4&5 2230-7923 2009
P.Usha Rani Middle Class Moralities in Vijay Tendulkar’s Silence! THE COURT IS IN SESSION SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.7 113-118 2230-7923 July – 2010
P.Usha Rani Familial and Native Expressions: Select poems of A.K. Ramanujan SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.8 117-122 2230-7923 2011
P.Usha Rani Multimedia English Language Laboratories to Enhance Communications Skills SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.13
&14 50-55 2230-7923 2014
P.Usha Rani Virmati’s Struggle for Freedom in Manju Kapur’s Difficult Daughters SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.13
&14 18-24 2230-7923 2014
P.Usha Rani The Struggle between Generations in terms of Values in Arthur Miller’s All My Sons Literary Vibes Vol. IV II 140-145 2320-6896 2015 National
P.Usha Rani Struggle of Women in the Select Novels of Alice Walker and Joyce Carol Oates Literary Vibes Vol. II II 56-62 2320-6896 2013 National
P.Usha Rani The Sense of Nostalgia: Toru Dutt’s ‘Sita’ and ‘Our Casuarina tree’ SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.II 121-123 2230-7923 2012
P.Usha Rani Select Approaches and Methods to English Language Teaching Literary Vibes Vol. II I 105-108 2320-6896 Jan, 2013 National
P.Usha Rani Indian Culture – A Source of Soft Skills ELT @I Tirupati Chaper 234-240 Isbn:978-93-5126-355-5 2014
P.Usha Rani Religious Vision in the Works of Graham Greene Research Journal of English II 166-172 2456-2696 2017
P.Usha Rani Narrative Technique as a Tool to the Suspense in Anita Rau Badami’s Tell It to the Trees BODHI Vol.III II 35-36 2456-5571 Feb, 2019 International
P.Usha Rani Escaping into the Fantasy Land: A Feministic Analysis of Namita Gokhale’s Paro- Dreams of Passion (1984) BODHI Vol.III II 37-39 2456-5571 Feb, 2019 International
P.Usha Rani The impact of globalization in Aravind Adiga’s “the white Tiger” SVU Journal of English Studies Vol.12 134-136 2230-7923 Jan-2013 National
P.Usha Rani Conflict of cultures in Alice Walker’s Possessing the secret of Joy Cultural Studies A Linguistic Approchi 538-540 IBSB: 978-93-80017-09-9 Jan, 2012 International
P.Usha Rani India in Bhabani Bhattacharya’s Shadow from Ladakh’ ELT@ I Tirupati Vol. 2 24-28 2349-2295 Oct, 2015 National
P.Usha Rani The diasporie Consciousness in M.G. Vassanji’s The gunny sack SVU Journal of English Studies 2230-7923 National
P.Usha Rani Literary verbs (Book) 2017
P.Usha Rani The novels of chamam nahal – a study Lambert academic publishing 978-8433-5866-8 2012
American Literature, British Literature, Indian English Literature, Language.
CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS
- UGC sponsored International seminar on Applied Linguistics 15-18 December2010. Participated and presented a paper on Pragmatics-Its usage in Present Day English Writings.
- International Conference on Trends in Modern Literature: East and West 4th & 5th January 2011 Presented a paper entitled The impact of Globalization in Aravind Adiga’s The White Tiger
- International and Seminar on Cultural Studies: A Literary / Linguistic approach 9th & 10th January 2012 presented a paper on conflict of cultures in Alice Walker’s Possessing the Secret of Joy
- International Conference on Women’s Writings in English (sponsored by APSCHE & ICSSR) 28th and 30 th January 2012. Presented a paper on Political awareness in the novel Black Water
- International Conference – cum-Workshop on Cross Cultural Communication: India and the U.S. 13th ,14th and 15th February,2012 presented a paper titled Diasporic Experience in Chitra Benerjee Divakarunie’s Arranged Marriage
- UGC Inter Disciplinary Global Seminar Exploring the Cultural & Literary nationalism of Fourth World December 14-16 2012. Presented a paper title cultural aspects in Bama’s Sangati
- International Conference on Mahabharatam Organized and conducted by Oriental Research Institute, S.V. University, Tirupati in collaboration with Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Tirupati 7-11 January 2014. Participated and presented a paper titled Relevance of Principles of Polity.
- UGC National Seminar on Trends and Perspective in Indian English short Story 28th & 29th March 2008 participated and presented a paper titled “ The Progress outlook in the Short Stories of Mulkraj Anand
- Bhasha Sangham, Andhra Pradesh in collaboration with the Central Institute of Classical Tamil, Chennai, National seminar at S.V. University, Tirupati 24-25th March 2009 participated and presented a paper entitled “ Role of Society in Mricha katikam
- UGC National Seminar on Modern Drama: A comparative Discourse 24th and 25th March 2011. Participated and presented a paper entitled Kitchen Sink Realism in John Osborne’s look back in anger
- UGC National Seminar Charles Dickens: A novelist par excellence 27th and 28th Presented a paper entitled Art of Characterization – David Copperfield.
- Bhasha Saangam Andhra Pradesh in Collaboration with Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore National seminar on Empowerment of Women in Contemporary Indian Literature at S.V. University, Tirupati 24th and 25th January 2012. Participated and presented a paper entitled woman as symbol of hope
- UGC National Seminar on Rabindrath Tagore: A Sesqui Centenary rendezvous 1st & 2nd March 2012. Participated and presented a paper entitled Theme of Nationalism in Tagore’s The Home and the World.
- National Seminar on narrative literature in English and Sanskrit September 3rd and 4th, 2013. Participated and presented a paper on Myth in Narrative – Raja Rao’s Kanthapura
- The Association for English studies of India 55th All India English Teachers’ Conference 10th – 12th January 2011 attended and presented the paper entitled Proletarian and Romantic tendencies – Three Poems of Tilak.
- Easwari Engineering College, National Conference on Innovations in English Language Teaching 30th March 2012. Presented a paper entitled select approaches and methods to English Language Teaching.
- Indian Association for American Studies ( IAAS) 42nd Annual Conference 29-31, July 2013 organized by Departmental of History Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati – 517 502. Participated and presented a paper on Ideal shore of life- Thoreau’s Walden an observation
Extension Activities : Student Mentoring, Anti Ragging Committees, etc.,
Other position held : Deputy Warden, (SVU Women’s Hostel),
: Member in CAS&CG, SVU