About Environmental Sciences Department
The Centre for Environmental Sciences was established in 1989.The centre has been offering research facilities for the Analyses of Environmental samples to the various science departments of the University and different industries in and around Tirupati. M. Sc Environmental sciences course was started in 1997 with the funding provided by UGC. The department has a good analytical laboratory with sophisticated instruments like AAS, flame Photometer, UV- Visible Spectrophotometer. The young department has organized three national seminars and published research articles in respected journals.
| 1. || Dr. T. Damodharam || Professor, Head & B.O.S. Chairman|
To generate sources of knowledge that dispel ignorance and establish truth through teaching, learning and research.
To develop, nurture and empower the students to their full potential to cope up with the environmental challenges for achieving the sustainable development.
To adopt state –of-the-art technological to optimize use of teaching and research for enhancing knowledge, skills and entrepreneurship amongst the young generations.
• To inspire and encourage all who would seek knowledge through higher education and research.
• To provide quality instruction and research for the advancement of science and technology.
• To promote tethering and research studies in discipline of societal relevance.
• To develop human talent necessary for the industry.
• To invite and implement collaborations with other institutes of higher learning on a continuous basis for mutual academic progress.
• To make science post graduates more environmental conscious and train them in different facets of environment and environmental monitoring.
• To Maintaining sophisticated lab facilities with advanced instruments like. AAS, Flame photometer, UV-Visible spectrophotometer, Water analysis kit, ELICO Model, Soil analysis.