CoE:1 – Nano & Micro Satellite
- Earth Observation data collection including natural disaster response & resilience and data for agriculture
- This Centre has complete facilities for end-to-end mission analysis / design and satellite design, assembly, integration and test, including spacecraft environmental test facilities
- Offer Research & Development, Training, Validation, etc.
- This will help to various State/Central Departments and students in the country.
CoE:2 – Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
Expected results from setting up this Atmospheric & Earth Sciences Lab is continuous stream of data related to air, water, soil, crops, climate changes, etc., which will be made available for deep analytics for building advisory and decision making applications using latest technologies including but not limited to Internet of Things, GPS, Big Data, Block Chain, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence.
CoE:3 – Material Sciences
- Trained Students with experimental skills on the operation of advanced synthesis and analytical systems and techniques
- Projects works for M.Sc. Students
- Awarding M.Phil. and Ph.D. for Research Scholars
- Synthesis of nanomaterials with exotic properties for device applications
- Publishing research articles with good impact factor
- MoUs with National and International Research Institutes
- Research projects with National organizations like ISRO, DRDO, DAE
- Extending the analytical techniques for the faculty and students of other universities of AP
CoE: 4 – VLP Technologies
- Sensitive molecular tests for routine diagnostic tests and improve the patient care
- New platforms for biomedical technology coupled to a means of studying cellular binding and interactions Novel plant VLP based nanocarriers that may offer great promise in the field of biomedicine and cancer therapy
- The developed plant VNP/VLP-based nanocarriers could be used in targeted drug delivery to overcome dose-limiting toxicities of chemotherapies and increase survival of cancer patients
- VLPs as an economically viable and environmentally friendly alternative for nematicide/pesticide application when compared to synthetic nanoparticles
- Overall outcome of the proposal with translational touch may lead to bench to bed-side applications both in biomedical and agricultural fields
CoE:5 – Herbal Drug Development
- From our traditional and folklore practices and using our Ayurvedic knowledge and literature, we will be able to develop some novel drugs / formulations to treat metabolic disorders and cancer
- Understand the biochemical and molecular mechanism underlying the therapeutic efficacy of drug/formulation and also adds scientific validation to our traditional use of some of the phytochemicals-medicinal plants
- Contributes and paves the way to develop more such effective and target specific analogues that can be brought in to global market ultimately benefitting the mankind to lead a healthy life.
CoE:6 – Psycho & Bio Sciences
Detailed study, data collection, analysis and drawing conclusions to help improve menstrual hygiene of adolescent girls
CoE: 7 – Water Resources
- Ethanol usage can help reduce India’s oil dependence. Ethanol generates oxygen when combines with petrol, which helps in cutting emission of harmful gases, thereby it creates clean environment
- This centre is kissan – friendly, environmentally benign and helps the farmers by generating income (bioprocessing)
- The various innovations developed during this period will be commercialized
- Establish pilot plants at village level and helps the poor women in establishing small scale industries
CoE: 8 – Bio Energy
The centre will help in sustainable development of the technology, man power, economy and protection of environment.
- Production of Bio-ethanol from organic waste materials.
- The utilization of the Resources of waste from land and water for production of energy
- The process will reduce land and water pollution
- And maintaining of the clean environment
- Developed technology can be used by people for development of small scale industries.
- Improves the skilled persons for self employment
- Economy generating by exporting the ethanol/ and bi-products derived from the waste.
Proposed activities under MERU Program:
- Centre of Excellence in “Health Sciences” will be established involving Departments of Biological, Natural science, Psychology & Home science departments taking into the societal problems involving industry participation under CSR program.
- Center of Excellence in “Contemporary literature” involving departments of English, Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Sanskrit and Oriental Research Institute involving TTD and AP Govt to promote heritage and culture.
- Center of Excellence in “Space Technology, remote sensing& IT” involving departments of Physics, Geology, Geography, Civil, EEE, ECE, Mechanical, Chemical and Computer Science Departments.
- Center of Excellence in “ Industrial automation and power grid technologies” involving departments of Mechanical and EEE under FICCI-NFKH & Siemens collaboration
- Centre of Excellence in “Centre for Communication Skills, Personality Development and Employability Skills in the Department of English.